North America Protein Hydrolysates Market, By Type (Milk, Meat, Marine, Plant, Eggs and Others), Source (Animals, Plants and Microbes), Form (Liquid and Powder), Process (Enzymatic Hydrolysis and Acid Hydrolysis), Application (Animal Feed, Infant Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition, Sports Nutrition, Dietary Supplements and Others), Country (U.S., Canada, and Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029.
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Protein Hydrolysates Market
North America protein hydrolysates market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 5.3% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and is expected to reach USD 292,068.99 thousand by 2029.
Protein hydrolysates are produced from purified protein sources by adding proteolytic enzymes, followed by purification procedures. Each protein hydrolysate is a complex mixture of peptides of different chain lengths and free amino acids that can be defined by a global value known as the degree of hydrolysis, which is the fraction of peptide bonds that have been cleaved in the starter protein. Such preparations provide the nutritive equivalent of the original material in its constituent amino acids and are used as nutrient and fluid replenishes in special diets or for patients unable to take ordinary food proteins. It provides numerous health benefits such as it helps the body absorb amino acids rapidly than intact protein, thus maximizing nutrient delivery and having various applications in the food and beverage industry. The application of protein hydrolysates has special application in sports medicine as the amino acids present in protein hydrolysates get readily absorbed by the body than the intact proteins, which increase nutrient delivery in the muscles. It is also used in the biotechnology industry to supplement cell cultures.
The upsurge in demand for infant formula across various regions has propelled the growth of the protein hydrolysates market. The consumption of formulas, which consists of a protein hydrolysate, is considered beneficial than cow's milk formula, as protein hydrolysates can be easily digested by infants, unlike milk-based products, which are largely expected to boost growth in the Europe protein hydrolysates market.
Significant demand in weight management products for infant and sports nutrition and increasing health awareness among consumers, leading to the consumption of functional and nutritional foods, are the drivers for the Europe protein hydrolysates market. However, the availability of alternatives such as isolates is expected to restrain the market’s growth.
Increasing vegan population across the globe can bring opportunities for the Europe protein hydrolysates market to grow in future.
High processing cost of hydrolysed protein is projected to challenge the Europe protein hydrolysates market to grow in the near future.
This Europe protein hydrolysates market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an Analyst Brief; our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America Protein Hydrolysates Market Scope and Market Size
The North America protein hydrolysates market is segmented into five segments based on type, source, form, process, and application. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- Based on type, the North America protein hydrolysates market is segmented into milk, meat, marine, plant, eggs and others. Milk is segmented into whey and casein. In 2022, the milk protein hydrolysates segment is expected to dominate in the North America protein hydrolysates market as it has notable anti-hypertensive and antioxidant effects.
- Based on source, the North America protein hydrolysates market is segmented into animal, plant, and microbes. In 2022, the animal segment is expected to dominate the North America protein hydrolysates market due to the presence of high protein content in animal-based sources compared to its counterparts which is highly preferred by the youngster.
- Based on form, the North America protein hydrolysates market is segmented into liquid and powder. In 2022, the powder protein hydrolysates segment is expected to dominate in the North America protein hydrolysates market as it is more readily absorbed and utilized by the body, making post-workout more efficient and fast for athletes and sportsmen in the region.
- Based on process, the North America protein hydrolysates market is segmented into enzymatic hydrolysis and acid hydrolysis. In 2022, enzymatic hydrolysis is expected to dominate the North America protein hydrolysates market because the extent of the treatment can be controlled due to its inherent specificity of various proteases.
- Based on application, the North America protein hydrolysates market is segmented into animal feed, infant nutrition, clinical nutrition, sports nutrition, dietary supplements, and others. In 2022, the dietary supplements segment is expected to dominate the North America protein hydrolysates market as they provide complete or partial nutrition to individuals who cannot ingest an adequate amount of food in conventional form.
North America Protein Hydrolysates Market Country Level Analysis
North America market is analysed, and market size information is provided by type, source, form, process and application.
The countries covered in the North America protein hydrolysates market report is segmented into U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
In 2022, U.S. is expected to dominate the North America protein hydrolysates market due to the high disposable income of consumers. Canada is expected to dominate the North America protein hydrolysates market due to increasing sports activities in the country. Mexico is expected to dominate the North America protein hydrolysates market due increasing nutrition conscious diet and healthy lifestyle in the country.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in market regulation that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Vegan Population across the Globe
Protein hydrolysates market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country's growth in the installed base of different kinds of products for the market, the impact of technology using lifeline curves and changes in infant formula regulatory scenarios, and their impact on the eco-friendly packaging market. The data is available for the historical period 2010 to 2020.
Competitive Landscape and North America Protein Hydrolysates Market Share Analysis
North America protein hydrolysates market competitive landscape provides details by the competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to the protein hydrolysates market.
Some of the major players covered in the report are BRF Global, Novozymes, Azelis, Scanbio Marine Group AS, Bioiberica S.A.U., Kemin Industries Inc., Copalis, Bio-marine Ingredients Ireland, Titan Biotech, ZXCHEM USA INC., SUBONEYO Chemicals Pharmaceuticals P Limited, New Alliance Dye Chem Pvt. Ltd., Janatha Fish Meals & Oil Products, NAN Group and SAMPI. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In October 2021, BRF Global Institute, a private association that strategically directs the Company's social investments, completed the third round of selecting the Our Part for the Whole Fund Public Notice. More than 370 entries were received for the initiative, out of which 50 initiatives were selected, totalling BRL 1.8 million in investments in different fronts focused on the Generation of Work and Income, Health and Emergency Actions, Food Safety and Social Protection.