North America Saliva Test Devices Market, By Product Type (Portable Devices, Table Top Devices), Type (5-Panel Saliva Test Kits, 6-Panel Saliva Test Kits, 10-Panel Saliva Test Kits, 12-Panel Saliva Test Kits and Others), Form (Strips, Swabs and Cassettes), Detection (Drugs, Antibodies, Virus and Bacteria, Hormones, Antigens and Others), Application (Criminal Justice Testing, Workplace Testing and Disease Testing), End User (Hospitals, Investigation Laboratories, Diagnostic Centers and Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tenders, Retails Sales and Third Party Distribution), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Saliva Test Devices Market
The saliva test devices market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 6.4% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 2,199.49 million by 2028. Increased medical use of saliva based test devices is acting as a driver for the saliva test devices market.
Saliva testing is a diagnostic technique that involves laboratory analysis of saliva which can identify markers, immunologic, endocrine, infectious, inflammatory and other types of conditions. Saliva is a useful biological fluid for hormone assaying including genetic material as RNA, cortisol, proteins such as enzymes and antibodies and variety of other substances including saliva nitrite include natural metabolites.
Growing need for rapid diagnosis of life-threatening diseases is boosting the saliva test devices market. Complex regulatory structure for approval of saliva test devices is a restraint for the saliva test devices market. Novel product development with increased R & D activities may act as an opportunity for the saliva test devices market. High cost of R&D is a challenge for the saliva test devices market.
The saliva test devices market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the saliva test devices market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Saliva Test Devices Market Scope and Market Size
The saliva test devices market is segmented on the basis of product type, type, form, detection, application, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product type, the saliva test devices market is segmented into portable devices and table top devices. In 2021, portable devices segment is expected to dominate the market due to high technology adoption by key players in the market.
- On the basis of type, the saliva test devices market is segmented into 5-panel saliva test kits, 6-panel saliva test kits, 10-panel saliva test kits, 12-panel saliva test kits and others. In 2021, 6-panel saliva test kits segment is expected to dominate the market because of increasing healthcare expenditure.
- On the basis of form, the saliva test devices market is segmented into cassettes, swabs and strips. In 2021, strips segment is expected to dominate the market due to increasing number of players in the market.
- On the basis of detection, the saliva test devices market is segmented into drugs, virus and bacteria, antibodies, antigens, hormones and others. In 2021, drugs segment is expected to dominate the market because of increasing application of saliva in various medical sectors.
- On the basis of application, the saliva test devices market is segmented into workplace testing, disease testing and criminal justice testing. In 2021, criminal justice testing segment is expected to dominate the market because of rising prevalence of chronic diseases.
- On the basis of end user, the saliva test devices market is segmented into hospitals, diagnostic centers, investigation laboratories and others. In 2021, hospitals segment is expected to dominate the market because of increasing geriatric population and prevalence of chronic diseases.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the saliva test devices market is segmented into direct tenders, retail sales and third party distribution. In 2021, direct tenders segment is expected to dominate the market because of increasing number of product approvals for saliva collection.
North America Saliva Test Devices Market Country Level Analysis
North America saliva test devices market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, product type, type, form, detection, application, end user and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in the North America saliva test devices market report are the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
The U.S. is expected to dominate the North America saliva test devices market with the highest market share due to the high adoption of saliva test devices for the detection of substance abuse in the region and it is expected to growth with the highest CAGR in the forecasted period due to increasing number of research and development along with clinical trials in the region. Canada is showing significant adoption of saliva test devices due to increased product approval in the region and due to the emergence of COVID-19 in the country.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North America brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Acquisition and Merger is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Saliva Test Devices Market
The saliva test devices market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular industry with saliva test devices sales, impact of advancement in the saliva test devices and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the saliva test devices market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Saliva Test Devices Market Share Analysis
The saliva test devices market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to the North America saliva test devices market.
The major players covered in the North America saliva test devices market report are OraSure Technologies, Inc., Premier Biotech, Inc., Confirm Biosciences, GC America Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., DNA Genotek Inc. (a subsidiary of OraSure Technologies, Inc.), BNTX Inc., Vitagene, Alfa Scientific Designs, Inc., NEOGEN Corporation, Oranoxis Inc., Abbott, Oasis Diagnostics Corporation, Salimetrics, LLC, Immunalysis Corporation, Avellino, Securetec among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the saliva test devices market.
- In January 2020, NEOGEN Corporation announced that it has acquired the Productos Quimicos Magiar, a distributor of the company’s food safety diagnostics leading to increased sales and revenue in future.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market players is enhancing the company market in the saliva test devices market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for saliva test devices.