North America Secondary Hyperoxaluria Drug Market, By Type (Reloxaliase, Thiazide Diuretics and Supplements), Drug Type (Prescription and Over the Counter), Population Type (Children and Adults), End User (Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Home Healthcare and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies and Others), Country (U.S., Canada & Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
The secondary hyperoxaluria drug market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 67.3% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 8,346.46 million by 2028. Loss of oxalobacter formigenes due to high intake of antibiotics and low dietary awareness are likely to be key drivers of the market for secondary hyperoxaluria drug market.
A multi-factorial disease which effect different organs and tissues caused by absorption of high oxalate concentration due to intestinal problems is known as secondary hyperoxaluria or at extreme stage known as enteric hyperoxaluria. This disease is connected highly with the diet and malabsorption caused by some disease as ingestion of oxalate or precursor of oxalate such as vitamin C is among the major cause of the disease. Oxalobacter formigenes, a bacterium which is known to be the critical factor for secondary hyperoxaluria uses oxalate as the key energy element for completing its functional requirement, plays an important role in occurrence of the disease.
For the preventive measure, low oxalate food should be taken but in countries which have highly developed socioeconomic lifestyle such as the U.S., Europe and China, the dietary habits are not proper and the lack in dietary awareness is the major cause of secondary hyperoxaluria which is expected to drive the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market. The operating revenue is limited in case of secondary hyperoxaluria owing to the fact that less number of targeted patients leads to lesser revenue from that operating segment and is expected to act as restraint for the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market growth. The low oxalate diet is hard to maintain as people consume it directly or take the precursor of oxalate. The market provides opportunity in both the aspects whether to make an oxalate low diet or on the other hand, difficulty to maintain low oxalate diet is expected to act as an opportunity for the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market growth. The renal replacement therapy is the next step after patient ignores the medication and other nutritional products which will significantly affect the product usage for medicinal treatment and lead to increased demand of renal replacement therapy which is expected to act as a challenge for the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market growth.
The secondary hyperoxaluria drug market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The secondary hyperoxaluria drug market is categorized into five notable segments which are based on the type, drug type, population type, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market is segmented into reloxaliase, thiazide diuretics and supplements. In 2021, supplements segment is dominating in the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market as there is no targeted therapy available. However, some products are in the clinical trials and are expected to come to interstate commerce in near future. So management of the disease is done through supplements and dietary restrictions. Calcium supplements, magnesium supplements and other supplements serve as primary line of treatment along with dietary restrictions, fluid intake and probiotics which are used to maintain the gut flora.
- On the basis of drug type, the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market is segmented into prescription and over the counter. In 2021, over the counter segment is dominating in the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market as among all the products available for the treatment are generally supplements. After the successful diagnosis of the disease, the treatments suggested by physicians are available over the counter and a prescription is not necessary for these supplements to be consumed with regular diet owing to the reason for over the counter to dominate in the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market.
- On the basis of population type, the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market is segmented into children and adults. In 2021, adults segment is dominating in the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market as the diagnosis for secondary hyperoxaluria adults is usually carried out for indications of kidney stone and high oxalate excretion in the urine along with UTI. The prevalence of kidney stones is uncommon in children and the number of cases for the disease is comparatively very low when compared with adults.
- On the basis of end user, the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market is segmented into hospitals, specialty clinics, home healthcare and others. In 2021, home healthcare segment is dominating in the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market owing to the fact that the current treatment comprises of supplements and thiazide diuretics. These treatment products are taken by patients at home without the help of any medical professional and supervision hence dominating the segment of the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market is segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online pharmacies and others. In 2021, retail pharmacies segment is dominating in the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market as the numbers of these pharmacies are very high and increasing with year passing. They cater to majority of patients for buying drugs in traditional consumer purchase style. Moreover, retail pharmacies are focusing on broadening their services for better customer service.
Secondary Hyperoxaluria Drug Market Country Level Analysis
The secondary hyperoxaluria drug market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, type, drug type, population type, end user and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market report are the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
North America region holds the majority of the share in the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market due to high diagnosis and treatment rate. The U.S. expected to dominate in the North America market due to rising awareness regarding secondary hyperoxaluria.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Difficulty in Maintaining Low Oxalate Diet and Regulatory Support for Approval are Creating new Opportunities in the Secondary Hyperoxaluria Drug Market.
Secondary hyperoxaluria drug market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular industry with secondary hyperoxaluria drug product sales, impact of advancement in the secondary hyperoxaluria drug and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Secondary Hyperoxaluria Drug Market Share Analysis
Secondary hyperoxaluria drug market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to secondary hyperoxaluria drug market.
The major companies providing secondary hyperoxaluria drug market are GlaxoSmithKline plc, Bayer AG, Pharmavite, Solgar Inc., Mission Pharmacal Company, Allena Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Celebrate Vitamins, Entring, LLC, OxThera, Renew Life Formulas, Inc., Synlogic, TIENS, Amway Corp., Infinitus , Now Foods, Nature's Bounty, Renew Life Formulas, Inc. among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market.
- In September 2020, Allena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced that they came up in strategic financial agreement with Pontifax Ventures, a leading life-science investment firm for a sum amount of USD 25 million. This amount is being used for Reloxaliase and ALLN-346 research and to develop novel therapeutic agents for metabolic and kidney disease.
- In December 2020, Synlogic presented the detail about their potential clinical trial candidate for enteric hyperoxaluria SYNB8802 at the American Institute of Chemical Engineers 3rd international conference on microbiome engineering. SYNB8802 is currently in phase 1 of clinical trials for enteric hyperoxaluria. The company is presenting the development related to this candidate who will help to build the company interest and approach towards hyperoxaluria.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market players is enhancing the company market in the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market which also provides the benefit for organisations to improve their offerings for secondary hyperoxaluria drug.
Customization Available: North America Secondary Hyperoxaluria Drug Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.