North America sugar substitutes Market, By Type (High-Fructose Syrups, High-Intensity Sweeteners, Low-Intensity Sweeteners), Form (Crystallized, Liquid, Powder), Category (Natural, Synthetic), Application (Beverages, Food Products, Oral Care, Pharmaceuticals, Others), By Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico), Market Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Sugar Substitutes Market
Sugar substitutes market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 7.5% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 7,617.42 million by 2027. Growing demand of the natural sweeteners such as Stevia and government initiatives towards acceptance of natural sugar accelerating the growth of sugar substitutes in U.S.
The sugar substitute is mostly preferred as sugar substitutes in beverages such as soft drinks or carbonated drinks, flavoured juices and other food products. The natural sugar substitute is gaining popularity in U.S. due to the shifting of consumer’s preference towards the organic based food and beverages. The natural sugar is low caloric sweeteners extracted from plants such as stevia, monk fruits and other and is 200 times sweeter than sugar. These benefits associated with sugar substitutes and their organic benefits have augmented the growth of the market.
This Sugar Substitutes Market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America Sugar Substitutes Market Scope and Market Size
North America sugar substitutes market is segmented on the basis type, form, category and application. The growth among these segments helps you to analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into high-intensity sweeteners, low-intensity sweeteners and high-fructose syrups. In 2020 the high-fructose syrups is dominated the North American market as the growing demand of HFCS in soft drinks which have led their consumption in U.S.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into powder, crystallized and liquid. In 2020, Crystallized segment is dominating the market as it offers economical solution for manufacturer due to its less expense on storage and transportation. The sweeteners like high fructose are available in crystallized or either in liquid form as high fructose dominates the market as well crystallized form has major demand as a sugar substitute.
- On the basis of category, the market is segmented into natural and synthetic. Natural segment is dominating the market as it offers added benefits over the synthetic sweeteners such as prevention from metabolic syndrome, controlling the high blood pressure and others. The stevia sourced sweeteners are 200 times sweeter than sugar and have no calories.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into beverages, food products, oral care, pharmaceuticals and others. In 2020, beverage segment is dominating the North America market due to adaptation of the natural ingredients among food and beverages products and launches of new beverages, in November 2017, Coca-Cola have introduced their zero sugar beverage incorporating with stevia ingredient in the U.S. The development of new soft drink was invented keeping preference of consumers towards their healthy diet.
Sugar Substitutes Market Country Level Analysis
North America market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, type, form, category and application as referenced above.
The countries covered in the sugar substitutes market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico
North America sugar substitutes market is dominating the market due to the growing awareness programs conducted by the sweeteners manufacturers and government authorities to adopt the utilization of low caloric sugar and replacing the traditional sugar in their daily diet. For instance, In January 2020, FDA formed a new guideline for added sugars labelling. The labelling mandates the list to mention about the Nutrition Facts on the Label. Due to the growing obesity cases among U.S. population, government have taken this initiative for the new labelling standards.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Adaptation of Natural Sweeteners in Food and Beverages
North America sugar substitutes market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for sugar substitutes market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes in natural sweetener production, regulatory scenarios and their impact on the sugar substitutes market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Sugar Substitutes Market Share Analysis
North America sugar substitutes market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Europe presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, new sweeteners, product approvals, patents, product taste improvements reports, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to North America sugar substitutes market.
The major players covered in the report are zuChem Inc., Ingredion Incorporated, BENEO, Cargill, Incorporated, DuPont, Foodchem International Corporation, JK Sucralose Inc., HYET Sweet, Roquette Frères, Mitsui Sugar Co.,Ltd., ADM, Tate & Lyle, Pyure Brands LLC, PureCircle, Ajinomoto Health & Nutrition North America, Inc., Alsiano, StartingLine S.p.A., NutraSweet Co., MAFCO Worldwide LLC, Matsutani Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. among others among other players domestic and global. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In January 2018, ADM (U.S.) announced to expand their business by constructing an innovation center in Singapore. The innovation centre is formed for development of healthy foods and beverages due to the shifting demand of consumers towards healthy diet.
- In May 2016, DuPont (U.S.) constructed the new innovation centre in Japan. The innovation centre will tailor the solution based on local consumers demand.
Partnership, expansion, collaboration and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for sugar substitutes through increasing applications and product portfolio.
Customization Available : North America Sugar Substitutes Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.