North America SWIR Market, By Scanning Type (Line Scan and Area Scan), Detector Type (Cooled and Uncooled), Chemical Composition (Indium Gallium Arsenide, Mercury Cadmium Telluride, Indium Antimonide (INSB), Lead Sulfide Quantum Dots and Others), Application (Machine Vision, Thermal Imaging, Hyperspectral Imaging, Security & Surveillance, Photovoltaics and Others), Component (Hardware, Software and Services), Industry (Commercial, Industrial, Medical, Military & Defense and Others), Country(U.S., Canada and Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
North America SWIR market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 9.4% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and expected to reach USD 153.98 million by 2028. Increasing demand for multispectral imaging systems is acting as major factor for the growth of the market.
Short-wave infrared (SWIR) is typically defined as light in the 0.9–1.7μm wavelength range, or can also be in range of 0.7–2.5μm. Short-wave Infrared imaging (SWIR) refers to an advanced technique which is used for producing images based on radiation in the region of the electromagnetic spectrum invisible to the naked eye. SWIR imaging requires unique optical and electronic components capable of performing in the specific SWIR range. A large number of applications that are difficult or impossible to perform using visible light are possible using SWIR. When imaging in SWIR, water vapor, fog, other environment constraints and certain materials such as silicon are transparent. SWIR imagers are used in a large number of applications such as silicon inspection, laser beam profiling, hyperspectral imaging, chemical and plastics sensing, machine vision imaging, agricultural sensing, surveillance systems, and medical imaging. They are also intended for use in mobile phone facial recognition sensors, and autonomous vehicle imaging though obscured environments.
Some of the factors which are driving the market are rising demand for shortwave infrared cameras in machine vision applications and growing adoption of night vision technologies. Stringent regulations related to import and export of SWIR cameras is restraining the North America SWIR market growth. Increasing industrial automation worldwide and rising popularity of miniaturized SWIR sensors and components are some of the factors which are opening lucrative opportunity for the market. Issues in reducing the cost of shortwave infrared cameras and limitations of InGaAs sensor technology is acting as a major challenge for the market growth.
This SWIR market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America SWIR market is segmented on the basis of the scanning type, detector type, chemical composition, application, component and industry. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of scanning type, the North America SWIR market has been segmented into line scan and area scan. In 2021, line scan segment is expected to dominate the market, owing to increasing adoption of Line-scan cameras as it improves the performance while becoming more and more affordable.
- On the basis of detector type, the North America SWIR market has been segmented into cooled and uncooled. In 2021, uncooled segment is expected to dominate the market which is attributed to increasing usages of smartphones as uncooled is well-suited for mobile applications where weight is more important.
- On the basis of chemical composition, the North America SWIR market has been segmented into indium gallium arsenide, mercury cadmium telluride, indium antimonide (INSB), lead sulfide quantum dots and others. In 2021, indium gallium arsenide segment is expected to dominate the market, as it is most common technology being use, it has high electron mobility, allowing to function at higher frequencies.
- On the basis of application, the North America SWIR market has been segmented into machine vision, thermal imaging, hyperspectral imaging, security & surveillance, photovoltaics and others. In 2021, security & surveillance segment is expected to dominate the market, due to increasing military and defence sector across the region which also increases the usage of SWIR for security & surveillance in military and defence sector.
- On the basis of component, the North America SWIR market has been segmented into hardware, software and services. In 2021, hardware segment is expected to dominate the market, due to huge presence of SWIR cameras and sensors providers across the region.
- On the basis of industry, the North America SWIR market has been segmented into commercial, industrial, medical, military & defense and others. In 2021, industrial segment is expected to dominate the market mainly attributed to increasing application of SWIR in different industrial fields.
North America SWIR Market Country Level Analysis
North America SWIR market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, scanning type, detector type, chemical composition, application, component and industry.
The countries covered in North America SWIR market report are U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
U.S. dominates the North America SWIR market owing to the owing to factors such as strong presence of thermal imaging providers and growing adoption of technological innovations in SWIR.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North America brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of SWIR
North America SWIR market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in SWIR and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the North America SWIR market. The data is available for historic period 2019.
Competitive Landscape and North America SWIR Market Share Analysis
North America SWIR market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, North America presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to North America SWIR market.
The major players covered in the report are Sensors Unlimited (A subsidiary of Collins Aerospace), Teledyne Technologies Incorporated., Xenics nv, Allied Vision Technologies GmbH, Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., NIT, Photon Etc. Inc, Princeton Infrared Technologies, Inc., Raptor Photonics, IRCameras LLC, Intevac, Inc., Opgal Optronic Industries Ltd., InfraTec GmbH, TTP plc., Photonic Science and Engineering Limited, SWIR Vision Systems, Edmund Optics Inc., Atik Cameras Limited (A Subsidiary of SDI Group), Silent Sentinel among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of North America SWIR market.
- In January 2021, Allied Vision Technologies GmbH announced the integration of their Goldeye SWIR camera series with Sony's new innovative IMX990 and IMX991 InGaAs sensors. Under this integration, four models will be expanded with innovative sensors, which are sensitive in both the visible and the short-wave infrared (SWIR) range. This will help the company to enhance its offerings in the market.
- In June 2020, Teledyne Technologies Incorporated announced a 512 short-wave infrared (SWIR) line scan cameras for machine vision through its subsidiary Teledyne DALSA. The newly launched Linea SWIR model features InGaAs sensor for various applications, including food and packaged good inspection, recycling, mineral sorting and solar and silicon wafer inspection. This launch has helped the company to grow in the market.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for SWIR through expanded range of size.