North America Tannin Market, By Tannin Type (Gallotannins (GTS), Ellagitannins (ETS), Proanthocyanidins (PAS) or Condensed Tannins (CTS), and Complex Tannins), Product Type (Hydrolysable, Non-Hydrolysable, and Phlorotannin), Source (Plant Source, Brown Algae Source, and Synthetic Source), Form (Powder and Liquid), Application (Beverages, Food, Dietary Supplements, Pharmaceutical, Animal Nutrition, Wood Adhesive, Leather Tanning, and Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Tannin Market
The North America tannin market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 6.3% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and is expected to reach USD 492.90 million by 2029. Improved consumer lifestyle and increased demand for tannin from the wine and leather industry may propel market growth.
Tannin is present in wood, stems, barks, leaves, roots, and fruits of any plant species. However, some plants, being richer in tannin, are the most used raw materials for industrial extraction, such as chestnut, quebracho, Tara, and Oak Galls. Tannins are used in various applications and industries such as food, beverages, pharmaceutical, leather industry, and others as they have many beneficial properties.
Growing applications of tannin across industries such as wine consumption is expected to drive the growth of the North America tannin market. Higher stiff competition between market players and awareness about the side effects of tannin is expected to hamper market growth. Increased consumption of alcohol in the region may create opportunities for market growth. Supply chain disruption due to COVID-19 may challenge market growth.
This North America tannin market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an Analyst Brief; our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America Tannin Market Scope and Market Size
The North America tannin market is segmented into five notable segments bifurcated on tannin type, product type, source, form, and application. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of tannin type, the North America tannin market is segmented into gallotannins (GTS), ellagitannins (ETS), proanthocyanidins (PAS) or condensed tannins (CTS), and complex tannins. In 2022, the proanthocyanidins (PAS) or condensed tannins (CTS) segment is anticipated to dominate the North America tannin market due to the growing demand for PAS or CTS to its medicinal properties and wide applications in various industries.
- On the basis of product type, the North America tannin market is segmented into hydrolysable, non-hydrolysable, and phlorotannin. In 2022, the non-hydrolysable segment is anticipated to dominate the North America tannin market due to the growing awareness about the pharmaceutical use of non-hydrolysable tannins and their demand.
- On the basis of source, the North America tannin market is segmented into plant source, brown algae source, and synthetic source. In 2022, the plant source segment is anticipated to dominate the market due to the easy availability of plant-based or tannins extracted from the plant. In addition, increased demand for plant-based food products may also drive market growth.
- On the basis of form, the North America tannin market is segmented into powder and liquid. In 2022, the powder is anticipated to dominate the North America tannin market due to its affordable prices and easy availability.
- On the basis of application, the North America tannin market is segmented into beverages, food, dietary supplements, pharmaceutical, animal nutrition, wood adhesive, leather tanning, and others. In 2022, the leather tanning segment is expected to dominate the market owing to increased demand for various types of tannins in the leather industry as customers demand leather bags, purses, shoes, among others owing to their improved lifestyle.
North America Tannin Market Country Level Analysis
The North America tannin market is analyzed, and market size information is provided by country, tannin type, product type, source, form, and application as referenced above. The countries covered in the North America tannin market report are the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
The U.S. is anticipated to dominate the market due to the increased demand for tannin in the country for wine manufacturing. Mexico is expected to grow due to the increased demand for vegetable tannin. Canada is also one of the growing markets due to the high consumption of wine among the population.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in market regulation that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North American brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rise in Demand for Tannin
North America tannin market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country's growth in the industry with sales, components sales, the impact of technological development in freezers, and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the tannin market. The data is available for the historical period 2011 to 2020.
Competitive Landscape and North America Tannin Market Share Analysis
The North America tannin market competitive landscape provides details by the competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width, and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies' focus related to the North America tannin market.
Some of the major players in the North America tannin market are UCL Company (Pty) Ltd, LAFFORT, W. ULRICH GmbH, Tannin Corporation, TANAC, Eaton, Ajinomoto OmniChem, Esseco Srl, Balchem Inc., Chemtan Company, Inc., Perdomini-IOC S.p.A., MARTIN VIALATTE, AGROVIN, among others.
Many expansions are also initiated by the companies worldwide, which are also accelerating the growth of the North America tannin market.
- In June 2021, UCL Company (Pty) Ltd expanded its tannin market in KwaZulu-Natal midlands. The campaign helped provide hope to its shareholders and a continued livelihood to workers and small-scale growers in the surrounding community despite the challenges of the global COVID-19 epidemic. This campaign was also helpful in expanding the tannin business to extract the raw material for a shareholder of KwaZulu-Natal midlands
Partnership, joint ventures, and other strategies enhance the company's market share with increased coverage and presence. It also benefits the organization to improve its offering for the North America tannin market through an expanded product range.
Customization Available: North America Tannin Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market, and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.