North America Topical Use Acne Treatment Market By Type (Comedonal Acne, Inflammatory Acne, Cystic Acne, Post Surgical/Wound Acne), Medication Type (Prescription, OTC), Product (Antibiotics, Retinoid, Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, Combination Medications, Hormonal Agents, Other Agents), Device (Laser and others), Route of Administration (Oral, Topical), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: North America Topical Use Acne Treatment Market
North America topical use acne treatment market is registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This growth in market value can be attributed to growing awareness about treatment of acne.
Market Definition: North America Topical Use Acne Treatment Market
Acne is a skin disorder that is triggered by irritation of the skin glands or hair follicles and is marked by enlarged pores and pimples especially in certain places such as the head, back and chest, and others. Sebaceous glands are clogged or compromised during acne, resulting in acne development. It is most commonly found in children and teenagers, but also in babies and adults. Topical acne usage medication is used to reduce the effects and intensity of acne development. Topical medications, such as retinoid, dapsone, and antibiotics are used to unblock pores and kill bacteria, rendering them successful in moderate to extreme acne therapy.
- Increasing behavior and unhealthy eating patterns, drives the growth of the market
- Increase in throwaway income, drives the market growth
- Rising incidence of acne disorders, drives the market growth
- Presence of options to acne treatment, is driving the growth of market
- A lot of competition at market entry point, hampering the market growth
- Introduction of generics and brand recalls, effect on the growth of the market
- Adverse effects of the medicines, hindering the growth of market
- Safety concerns pertaining to the product, impact the growth of market
Segmentation: North America Topical Use Acne Treatment Market
- Comedonal Acne
- Inflammatory Acne
- Cystic Acne
- Post Surgical/Wound Acne
By Medication Type
- Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
- Combination Medications
- Hormonal Agents
- Other Agents
- Azelaic Acid
By Route of Administration
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, Glossier has launched Zit Stick, an acne-fighting spot remedy designed to treat the flaw no matter when it occurs. Zit Stick is made to be used on the go, as a transparent paste that slides under or over the skin which moisturizes the surface of the skin to reduce the stress on the tissue. With this launch the company has expanded its product portfolio as well as increased its market share.
- In July 2016, Laboratories Galderma, L.P. reported that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved 0.1% of Differin Gel as an OTC medication of acne. Recent acceptance as an OTC drug permits acne sufferers to have access to this extremely effective acne treatment without first needing a doctor's prescription. With the approval of this drug, the company will grow its sales and market size which further increase revenue of the company.
North America topical use acne treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of topical use acne treatment market for North America.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the North America topical use acne treatment market are Abbott, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Pfizer Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis AG, Bayer AG, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Bausch Health, Galderma Laboratories, L.P., Cipla Inc., Zydus Cadila, Mylan N.V., ALLERGAN, GUTHY|RENKER, Amgen Inc., AstraZeneca and Dermira, Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: North America Topical Use Acne Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of North America topical use acne treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)