North America Transfection Market, By Type (Transient Transfection, Stable Transfection), Methods (Non-Viral Methods, Viral Methods), CRISPR Transfection Methods (Non-Viral Methods, Viral Methods), Products (Reagent & Kits, Instrument, Software), Organism (Mammalian Cells, Plants, Fungi, Virus, Bacteria), Types of Molecule (Plasmid DNA, Small Interfering RNA (siRNA), Proteins, DNA Oligonucleotides, Ribonucleoprotein Complexes (RNPs), Others), Application (In Vitro Application, In Vivo Application, Bioproduction, Others), Stage (Research, Preclinical, Clinical Phases, Commercial), End User (Biopharma, Contract Research Organizations (CROs), Contract Manufacturing Organization/ Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CMOs/CDMOs), Academia, Hospitals, Clinical Labs, Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Retail Sales, Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Transfection Market
The transfection market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 9.4% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 1,112.33 million by 2028. Development of synthetic biology products and large-scale transfections used in clinical research are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
The transfection method is used to introduce RNA, DNA or protein products in cells to alter the phenotype and genotype of the organism. Transfection method involves the new gene transfer or transferring a gene construct such as clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats (CRISPR) for genome editing purposes. Transfection has wide applications in the field of immunotherapy, gene therapy and cell therapy among others. Transfection involves both non-viral and viral mediated transfection. The chemical and physical methods can achieve non – viral transfection.
The rise in the prevalence of chronic disease is acting as a driver for the transfection market growth. The high cost of instruments acts as restraint for the transfection market growth. The exploration of emerging markets is acting as an opportunity for the transfection market growth. The long approval procedure acts as challenge for the transfection market growth.
The transfection market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the transfection market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America Transfection Market Scope and Market Size
The transfection market is segmented on the basis of the type, methods, CRISPR transfection methods, products, organism, types of molecule, application, stage, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the transfection market is segmented into transient transfection and stable transfection. In 2021, transient transfection segment is dominating as it obtains transfection result in less span of time, this is the reason this method is widely employed for large scale protein production.
- On the basis of methods, the transfection market is segmented into non-viral methods and viral methods. In 2021, non-viral methods segment is dominating as these methods provides with the high transfection efficiency and less chances of infection to cultured cells.
- On the basis of CRISPR transfection methods, the transfection market is segmented into non-viral methods and viral methods. In 2021, non-viral methods segment is dominating for CRISPR (clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats) transfection as it offers allows efficient delivery of CRISPR sequences to targeted cell lines.
- On the basis of products, the transfection market is segmented into reagents & kits, instrument and software. In 2021, reagent & kits segment is dominating as these are used for enhancing the efficacy of transfection process in various genetic experiments, as well as other biological experiments and industrial applications.
- On the basis of organism, the transfection market is segmented into mammalian cells, plants, fungi, virus and bacteria. In 2021, mammalian cells segment is dominating as mammalian cell transfection is commonly used to express exogenous nucleic acid molecules in a host cell line using many different ways for production of monoclonal antibodies, follicle stimulating hormone, and other products as compared to other types of cells.
- On the basis of types of molecule, the transfection market is segmented into plasmid DNA, small interfering RNA (siRNA), proteins, DNA oligonucleotides, ribonucleoprotein complexes (RNPs) and others. In 2021, plasmid DNA segment is dominating in the transfection market as plasmid DNA can be transferred by most of the transfection products discovered.
- On the basis of application, the transfection market is segmented into in vitro application, in vivo application, bioproduction and others. In 2021, in vitro application segment is dominating as it provides with the delivery of cargo nucleic acid molecules into cultured cells which has a crucial role in research as well as for commercial production of molecules.
- On the basis of stage, the transfection market is segmented into research, preclinical, clinical phases and commercial. In 2021, research segment is dominating in the market due to increasing demand for gene expression for production of novel molecules in different biological fields.
- On the basis of end user, the transfection market is segmented into biopharma, contract research organizations (CROs), contract manufacturing organization/contract development and manufacturing organization (CMOs/CDMOs), academia, hospitals, clinical labs and others. In 2021, biopharma segment hold the largest market share because of the increasing demand to improve efficiency & speed of transfection so as to produce desired cell lines.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the transfection market is segmented into direct tender, retail sales and others. In 2021, direct tender segment is dominating in the market these are the primary source of procurement for transfection instruments, reagents and kits, moreover biopharma industries are largely dependent on direct tenders.
Transfection Market Country Level Analysis
The transfection market is analyzed and market size information is provided on the basis of country, type, methods, CRISPR transfection methods, products, organism, types of molecule, application, stage, end user and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in North America transfection market report are the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
Transient transfection segment in North America region is expected to grow with the highest growth rate in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 because of ongoing development of synthetic biology products. The U.S. is leading the growth due to increasing government support and growing need of chimeric genes for several therapeutic purposes.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North America brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing Demand of Chimeric Genes and Increasing Government Support are Boosting the Market Growth of Transfection
The transfection market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in transfection industry with transfection drugs sales, impact of advancement in the transfection technology and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the transfection market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Transfection Market Share Analysis
The transfection market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to transfection market.
The major companies which are dealing in the transfection market are Mirus Bio LLC., Promega Corporation, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Merck KGaA, Lonza, MaxCyte, Inc., Altogen Biosystems, SBS Genetech, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific (A Subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation), Avanti Polar Lipids (A Subsidiary of Croda International Plc), Cytiva, Geno Technology Inc., USA, R&D Systems, Inc., Takara Bio Inc., Thermofisher Scientific Inc., QIAGEN, OriGene Technologies, Inc., Applied Biological Materials Inc. (abm), Beckman Coulter, Inc. (A Subsidiary of Danaher), Amyris, Codexis, SignaGen Laboratories, Impossible Foods Inc., Genlantis Inc., Zymergen Inc., Ginkgo Bioworks, Verve Therapeutics, Inc., Conagen, Inc., Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. and Twist Bioscience among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the transfection market.
- In November 2017, Mirus Bio LLC. launched TransIT-VirusGEN Transfection Reagent, for large scale production of adeno- associated virus and lentivirus in suspension cell culture. This product launch boosted the company’s product portfolio and allowed it to attain a lucrative growth.
Collaboration, product launch, business expansion, award and recognition, joint ventures and other strategies by the market players is enhancing the company market in the transfection market which also provides the benefit for organization to improve their offering for transfection.