North America Trauma Devices Market, By Product (Internal Fixators Devices, External Fixators Devices and Others), Surgical Site (Lower Extremities and Upper Extremities), Tissue Type (Hard Tissue and Soft Tissue), Material Type (Non-Absorbable and Bio-Absorbable ), Patient Age (Adults and Paediatric), End User (Hospitals, Trauma Centres, Ambulatory Surgical Centres and Other), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender and Retail Sales), Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Trauma Devices Market
North America trauma devices market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 7.7% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 5,433.48 million by 2027 from USD 2,990.82 million in 2019. The increasing incidents of road accidents and injuries in North America and increasing prevalence of degenerative bone diseases are some of the factors which are aiding to the growth of the market.
Trauma devices are one of the clinical methods used in trauma care depending on injury severity. Trauma refers to any form of physical injury caused by some external source, such as fractures, dislocations, sprains & strains and burns. These tools are used particularly in long bones for cases like fractures. The other areas covered in the trauma devices include upper extremities and lower extremities such as knee, joint, leg, spine, and others.
Trauma devices market has increased with increased number of road accidents and injuries worldwide as compared to the past few years and increasing prevalence of degenerative bone diseases.
- In September 2017, Zimmer Biomet launched Persona Partial Knee System which is designed for an uncompromising fit and efficiency in the operating systems. The new product helps in expanding Zimmer Biomet expansion along with the growth in terms of revenue and profit.
- In October, Zimmer Biomet expanded its foot and ankle portfolio with distribution agreement with Nextremity Solutions, Inc. The expansion has helped Zimmer Biomet in enhancing its brand image along with profit generation for the company.
The rising awareness for the trauma devices also increases the market value as the trauma devices have repeatedly proven its high rates of effectiveness for treatment fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains.
Currently various research studies are taking place which is expected to create a competitive advantage for manufacturers to develop new and innovative trauma devices and expected to provide various other opportunities in the trauma devices market. However, high cost of trauma devices and surgical procedures, stringent regulation scenarios and high risk and complications of trauma surgery is expected to restraint the market growth as to get approvals is difficult.
The Trauma Devices Market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America Trauma Devices Market Scope and Market Size
North America trauma devices market is segmented on the based on the basis of product, surgical site, tissue type, material type, patient age, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into internal fixators devices, external fixators devices and others. In 2020, the internal fixator devices segment is expected to lead the market as a result of a high incidence of trauma injuries occurring due to road accidents, falls, occupational hazards and other circumstances leading to increasing number of trauma cases. The growing geriatric population is another factor for the increasing number of trauma injuries. Moreover, the therapeutic effects of internal fixation are proven highly effective in the treatment of complex fractures while providing relatively better comfort to the patient.
- On the basis of surgical site, the market is segmented into lower extremities and upper extremities. In 2020, lower extremities is expected to dominate the market due to the high prevalence of lower extremity injuries across the world leading to increasing demand of surgical procedures for trauma. There are several intrinsic and extrinsic risk factors associated with the increasing number of injuries in lower extremities. Few instances of extrinsic risk factors include environment, use of ankle tape or brace and shoe type amongst others along with intrinsic risk factors such as age, previous injury coupled with inadequate rehabilitation, general flexibility, stability of posture, and anatomical alignment, amongst others.
- On the basis of tissue type, the North America trauma devices market is segmented into hard tissue and soft tissue. In 2020, hard tissue type is expected to dominate the market predominantly due to higher incidence of hard tissue traumas as compared to soft tissue traumas. This is because of presence of large percentage of hard tissue in human body susceptible to trauma injuries as compared to that of soft tissue. The most prevalent hard tissue injuries are fractures and dislocations that require application of various trauma devices.
- On the basis of material type, the North America trauma devices market is segmented into non-absorbable and bio-absorbable. In 2020, non-absorbable materials are expected to dominate the market due to unrivalled success demonstrated by steel and titanium since a very long time. Few favourable properties of these materials include high strength and biological toleration. Titanium alloys, pure titanium and electro polished stainless steel and are the most common non-absorbable materials used in trauma devices.
- On the basis of patient age, the North America trauma devices market is segmented into adults and paediatric. In 2020, adults are expected to dominate the market due to higher complication of trauma injuries coupled with higher number of adults as compared to paediatrics in different regions of the world. In adults, the severity of trauma injuries is higher due to reduced capability of the tissues to regenerate and heal. The complications of injury depend upon the fracture subtype and location. If treated improperly, trauma injuries can lead to potentially dangerous complications.
- On the basis of end user, the North America trauma devices market is segmented into hospitals, trauma centres, ambulatory surgical centres and others. In 2020, hospitals are expected to dominate the market as it holds the largest market share because of the growing number of patients undergoing treatments in the hospitals plus support from the government to supply well equipped infrastructural developments and instruments developments in hospitals. Moreover, the number of hospitals is significantly higher as compared to those of trauma centres, ambulatory centres and other care providers.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into direct tender and retail sales. In 2020, direct tenders are dominating in the market as the primary source of procurement in hospitals. With the increasing cost of healthcare, hospitals are focusing on better services for customers along with reducing the overall cost. Procurement of trauma devices through direct tender is highly cost effective for healthcare providers as they are bought in bulk under terms of contract for service. Moreover, the availability of products also helps the providers in offering superior services to customers.
Trauma Devices Market Country Level Analysis
The North America devices market is analysed and market size information is provided by product, surgical site, tissue type, material type, patient age, end user and distribution channel.
- In the North America market, the U.S. is dominating the North America devices market due to large number of companies, R & D capabilities and growing adoption of minimally invasive surgical procedures. Motorization and automation has changed the lives of many people and economies, but it has also brought benefit with a price. Though in developing countries like the U.S., Canada it has been observed that there are less cases of road accidents. However, the countries having large population and are under developed have more cases of road accidents which ultimately leads to the market growth. Around 93% of the world fatalities occur in the middle and low income countries, despite having 60% of world’s vehicles.
- In 2008 it was reported that in the U.S., Road fatality rate (number of deaths per 10,000 vehicles) is 1.6, while in India the road fatality rate was found to be 1.4.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Product Launch, Product Expansion and Acquisitions in Trauma Devices is Creating New Opportunities for These Organizations in North America Trauma Devices Market
North America trauma devices market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in aesthetic industry with trauma devices sales, impact of advancement in the trauma devices and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the trauma devices market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Trauma Devices Market Share Analysis
North America trauma devices market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to North America trauma devices market.
The major players covered in the report are Weigao group, MicroPort Scientific Corporation, Orthofix Medical Inc., CONMED Corporation, Wright Medical Group N.V., NuVasive, Inc, Corin, DJO Global, Inc, OsteoMed, Invibio Ltd., gpcmedical, DePuy Synthes Companies, Medtronic, Smith & Nephew, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Zimmer Biomet, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Stryker and among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the North America trauma devices market.
- In November 2019, NuVasive, Inc. launched Brigade Lateral Implant and Instrumentation for lateral anterior lumbar interbody fusion spine surgery. The NuVasive lateral ALIF is going to provide treatments and services to its patients and increase the revenue along with profit for the company.
- In July 2016, Orthofix Medical Inc. launched the PHOENIX which is a minimally invasive spinal fixation system. The PHOENIX MIS system allows a smaller working diameter reducing surgical incision. This product is going to increase the brand values among its customers globally and would help in generating more income for the company.
Clinical study data sets, authorization, collaboration, acquisitions, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the North America trauma devices market also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for trauma devices.
Customization Available: North America Trauma Devices Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.