North America Ultrasound Devices Market, By Array Format (Phased Array, Linear Array, Curved Linear Array and Others), Device Display (Color Ultrasound Devices and Black and White (B/W) Ultrasound Devices), Device Portability (Trolley/Cart-Based Ultrasound Devices, Compact/Handheld Ultrasound Devices, Stationary Ultrasound Devices and Point-of-Care Ultrasound Devices), Technology (Diagnostic Ultrasound and Therapeutic Ultrasound), Application (Radiology/General Imaging, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Vascular, Urological, Orthopedic and Musculoskeletal, Pain Management, Emergency Department, Critical Care and Others), End User (Hospitals, Surgical Centers, Research and Academia, Maternity Centers, Ambulatory Care Centers, Diagnostic Centers and Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Third Party Distributors and Retail Sales), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
North America ultrasound devices market is expected to witness market growth at a rate of 6.03% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research report on North America ultrasound devices market provides analysis and insights regarding the various factors expected to be prevalent throughout the forecast period while providing their impacts on the market’s growth. The rise in healthcare sector globally is escalating the growth of North America ultrasound devices market.
Ultrasound imaging devices refer to the type of devices that assist in capturing images of the inside of the body using the high frequency sound waves. They make the use of technique of ultrasonic imaging technique. These can create real-time images of the body component, displaying the movement of the body.
The increase in demand for demand of minimally invasive diagnostic and therapeutic across the region acts as one of the major factors driving the growth of ultrasound devices market. The rise in the prevalence of various diseases among population, and increase in government initiatives to increase awareness about importance of early diagnosis accelerate the market growth. The increase in number of healthcare providers, and surge in investment through funds by public and private organizations for research and development activities further influence the market. Additionally, high demand for non-invasive and minimally invasive diagnostics, surge in healthcare expenditure and rapid urbanization positively affects the ultrasound devices market. Furthermore, technological advancement in the technology extend profitable opportunity to the market players in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028.
On the other hand, high cost of ultrasound devices is expected to obstruct the market growth. Dearth of trained professionals is projected to challenge the ultrasound devices market in the forecast period of 2021-2028.
This North America ultrasound devices market report provides details of new recent developments, trade regulations, import export analysis, production analysis, value chain optimization, market share, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, strategic market growth analysis, market size, category market growths, application niches and dominance, product approvals, product launches, geographic expansions, technological innovations in the market. To gain more info on North America ultrasound devices market contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you take an informed market decision to achieve market growth.
North America Ultrasound Devices Market Scope and Market Size
The North America ultrasound devices market is segmented on the basis of format, device display, device portability, technology, application, end user and distribution channel. The growth amongst these segments will help you analyse meagre growth segments in the industries, and provide the users with valuable market overview and market insights to help them in making strategic decisions for identification of core market applications.
On the basis of array format, the market is segmented into phased array, linear array, curved linear array and others. Curved linear array is dominating in the market with large number of applications and as these probes can be used for diagnostic imaging from small intercostal spaces across various body parts.
- On the basis of device display, the market is segmented into colour ultrasound devices and black and white (B/W) ultrasound devices. Colour ultrasound devices are dominating the market as North America is among the fastest adopters of new technology and the majority of new ultrasound devices have colour screens to support a range of features.
- On the basis of device portability, the market is segmented into trolley/cart-based ultrasound devices, compact/handheld ultrasound devices, stationary ultrasound devices and point-of-care ultrasound devices. Trolley/cart-based ultrasound devices are dominating the market due to focus of the healthcare industry to provide value based care while reducing the capital cost. Trolley/cart-based ultrasound devices aid in reducing the capital cost as they offer the convenience of moving the device across departments as per requirement.
- On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into diagnostic ultrasound and therapeutic ultrasound. Diagnostic ultrasound is dominating the market as the adoption of therapeutic ultrasound is comparatively low as compared to diagnostic ultrasound which is an age old technique used for imaging of soft tissues. Hence, the adoption of diagnostic imaging devices is higher as compared to therapeutic imaging devices.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into radiology/general imaging, obstetrics and gynaecology, cardiovascular, gastroenterology, vascular, urological, orthopedic and musculoskeletal, pain management, emergency department, critical care and others. Radiology/general imaging is dominating the market as general imaging is required to find the cause of distress in most conditions where specialized ultrasound is not required. Hence, the market share of general imaging is significantly higher as compared to specialized ultrasound applications.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, surgical centres, research and academia, maternity centres, ambulatory care centres, diagnostic centres and others. Hospitals hold the largest market share as most patient need to visit hospitals in case of any sign of discomfort. Any unexplained pain usually leads patient’s hospitals where they undergo diagnostic tests to understand the source of discomfort. Moreover, the number of hospitals is well-equipped as compared to those of diagnostic centres and other care providers.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into direct tender, third party distributors and retail sales. Direct tenders are dominating in the market as the most cost effective way of procurement of medical equipment by healthcare providers. Hospitals especially prefer direct tenders as they usually need multiple devices and replacements due to their large sizes.
North America Ultrasound Devices Market Country Level Analysis
The North America ultrasound devices market is analysed and market size insights and trends are provided by country, format, device display, device portability, technology, application, end user and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in the North America ultrasound devices market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America.
North America is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 due to the availability of high awareness among the population within the region.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as consumption volumes, production sites and volumes, import export analysis, price trend analysis, cost of raw materials, down-stream and upstream value chain analysis are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of domestic tariffs and trade routes are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Healthcare Infrastructure growth Installed base and New Technology Penetration
North America ultrasound devices market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in healthcare expenditure for capital equipment, installed base of different kind of products for North America ultrasound devices market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes in healthcare regulatory scenarios and their impact on the North America ultrasound devices market. The data is available for historic period 2010-2019.
Competitive Landscape and North America Ultrasound Devices Market Share Analysis
The North America ultrasound devices market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, production capacities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product width and breadth, application dominance. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to North America ultrasound devices market.
The major players covered in the North America ultrasound devices market report are GE Healthcare, Hitachi, Ltd., Trivitron Healthcare, Hologic Inc., Siemens Healthcare GmbH, ESAOTE SPA, ALPINION MEDICAL SYSTEMS Co., Ltd, FUJIFILM Corporation, FUKUDA DENSHI, Koninklijke Philips N.V., EDAN Instruments, Inc., Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd., Shimadzu Medical Systems USA Northwest Branch, CANON MEDICAL SYSTEMS CORPORATION (A SUBSIDIARY OF CANON INC.), Mobisante, SonoScape Medical Corp, and SAMSUNGHEALTHCARE, among other domestic players. Market share data is available for North America separately. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.