North America Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market, By Products & Services (Instruments, Consumables, and Services), Level of Disinfection (Low Level Disinfection, Intermediate Level Disinfection, and High Level Disinfection), Type of Probe (Critical Devices, Noncritical Devices, and Semicritical Devices), End User (Hospitals & Diagnostic Imaging Centers, Ambulatory Care Centers, Maternity Centers, Academic & Research Institutes, and Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Third Party Distributors, and Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico), Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029.
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market
North America ultrasound probe disinfection market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 17.2% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and is expected to reach USD 637.05 million by 2029 from USD 185.57 million in 2021. The high prevalence of hospital-acquired infections and rise in awareness regarding use of reprocessed equipment is the major driver which is anticipated to propel the market in the forecast period.
Disinfection refers to the thermal or chemical destruction of pathogenic and other types of microorganisms. The process is less lethal than sterilization, as disinfection destroys the most recognized pathogenic microorganism. According to the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM), "infection control is an integral part for safe and effective use of ultrasound in medicine."
There are different types and categories of disinfectants such as low-level disinfectants, which destroy most bacteria excluding Tubercle bacilli, some fungi, and some viruses; intermediate level disinfectants which destroy vegetative bacteria including Tubercle bacilli and many viruses, but not bacterial spores; and high-level disinfectants which remove bacterial spores when utilized in adequate concentrations and appropriate conditions. The disinfection of the ultrasound probe by manually soaking it in the antiseptic solution is a standard procedure maintained in healthcare facilities.
The rising global prevalence of infectious diseases, an increase in the number of hospital-acquired infections, and a growing technologically advanced procedure that offers quick, easy, and cost-effective methods is anticipated to drive the market's growth. However, the side effect of using disinfectant wipes may restrain the growth of the market. Moreover, growth in birth rate and the number of pregnancies is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to market players. However, the high cost of automated probe re-processors may challenge the growth of the ultrasound probe disinfection market.
The North America ultrasound probe disinfection market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an Analyst Brief. Our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market Scope and Market Size
North America ultrasound probe disinfection market is categorized into five notable segments which are based on product & services, level of disinfection, type of probe, end user, and distribution channel.
- On the basis of products & services, the North America ultrasound probe disinfection market is further segmented into instruments, consumables, and services. In 2022, the instruments segment is expected to dominate the market due to the initiatives taken by the market players such as the launch of various ultrasound probe disinfectant devices.
- On the basis of the level of disinfection, the North America ultrasound probe disinfection market is segmented into low level disinfection, intermediate level disinfection, and high level disinfection. In 2022, high level disinfection is expected to dominate the market as it provides safety from infections. These affirmative parameters are anticipated to propel the market growth in the forecast period.
- On the basis of type of probe, the North America ultrasound probe disinfection market is segmented into critical devices, noncritical devices, and semicritical devices. In 2022, the critical devices segment is expected to dominate the market as they need a great level of disinfection.
- On the basis of end user, the North America ultrasound probe disinfection market is segmented into hospitals & diagnostic imaging centers, ambulatory care centers, maternity centers, academic & research institutes, and others. In 2022, the hospitals & diagnostic imaging centers segment is expected to dominate the market as hospital-acquired infections are increasing.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the North America ultrasound probe disinfection market is segmented into direct tender, third party distributors, and others. In 2022, the direct tender segment is expected to dominate the market because already a lot of awareness is spread among the consumers.
North America Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market Country Level Analysis
North America ultrasound probe disinfection market is analyzed, and market size information is provided by product & services, level of disinfection, type of probe, end user, and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the North America ultrasound probe disinfection market report are the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
North America is expected to dominate the market due to the high prevalence of hospital-acquired infections. U.S is expected to dominate in the North America market due rise in epidemic and pandemic events and the presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Birth Rate and Increase in the Use of High-Level Disinfection Systems in the Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market
The North America ultrasound probe disinfection market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country's growth in a particular industry with ultrasound probe disinfection devices sales, the impact of advancement in the ultrasound probe disinfection, and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the ultrasound probe disinfection devices market. The data is available for the historical period 2011 to 2020.
Competitive Landscape and North America Ultrasound Probe Disinfection Market Share Analysis
North America ultrasound probe disinfection market competitive landscape provides details by a competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width, and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company's focus related to ultrasound probe disinfection market.
Some of the major companies dealing in the North America ultrasound probe disinfection market are General Electric Company, STERIS, CS Medical LLC, Nanosonics, Ecolab, VIROX TECHNOLOGIES, INC., ASP, Schülke & Mayr GmbH, Parker Laboratories, Inc., Metrex Research, LLC, Siemens Healthcare GmbH, API 2000, BODE Chemie GmbH, LANXESS, PDI, Inc., Pharmaceutical Innovations, Inc., CIVCO Medical Solutions, AUS TULSA, among other domestic and Asia-Pacific players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by companies worldwide, which are also accelerating the ultrasound probe disinfection market.
- In May 2021, Ecolab's Disinfectant 1 Wipe and Disinfectant 1 Spray were approved for use in healthcare settings, including COVID-19 testing and vaccination sites. The approval has helped the company to expand its product portfolio
Collaboration, joint ventures, and other strategies by the market player are enhancing the company market in the ultrasound probe disinfection market, which also provides the benefit for the organization to improve their offering for ultrasound probe disinfection.