North America Utility Locator Market By Technique (Electromagnetic Field, Ground Penetrating Radar, Others), Offering (Equipment Services), Target (Metallic, Non-Metallic), End-User Industry (Telecommunication, Electricity, Water and Sewage, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Others), Country (U.S, Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026 – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
North America utility locator market can be defined as a tool for identifying and mapping underground utilities such as electric cable distribution, water pipes, telecommunication lines, gas pipelines and many more.
The utility locator use various tactics for preventing damages such as during excavation, various marking and locating are used to identifying and labelling underground public utility mains and cables, different colour paint is used to mark the different utilities such as red for electrical power lines, blue for potable water, yellow for gas, orange for communications or signal lines, purple for reclaimed water, green for sewers, white for proposed construction, and pink for survey markings.
Some of the factors which are driving the market are the increased demand of cloud-computing for businesses and demand for predictive solutions and image recognition is considered as major application for deep learning neural networks. However, less adoption of artificial intelligence-based technologies results in slow digitization is the restraint hampering the growth of the market.
North America utility locator market is projected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: North America Utility Locator Market
North America utility locator market is segmented into four notable segments which are techniques, offering, target, and end-user industry.
- On the basis of technique, the market is segmented into ground penetrating radar (GPR), electromagnetic field, others
- On the basis of offering, the market is segmented into equipment and services
- On the basis of target, the market is segmented into metallic and non-metallic
- On the basis of end-user industry, the market is segmented into telecommunication, electricity, water and sewage, oil and gas, transportation, and others
Competitive Analysis: North America Utility Locator Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Radiodetection Ltd., Vivax-Metrotech Corp., Guideline Geo., EMERSON ELECTRIC CO., The Charles Machine Works, Inc., Sensors & Software Inc., Leica Geosystems AG, 3M, USIC, multiVIEW., ON TARGET UTILITY SERVICES, GSSI Geophysical Survey Systems, Inc., Vivax-Metrotech Corp., RHD Services, Inc., OneVision Utility Services., Sidewinder Utility Locators., US Radar, and Olameter among others.
- In June 2019, OneVision Utility Services has announced the launch of new contract with the Cobb EMC in Cobb County Georgia for locating services. This would be beneficial for the company in terms of earning more goodwill for completing or signing these projects and would help them in getting more similar projects in future.
- In December 2018, the Multiview has decided to expand NASSCO-certified CCTV Sewer Inspection Services in Ontario. This service is specifically for laterals and manholes, mainlines, in addition to sewer flushing. This will reduce the construction risk as well as the risk of a defect or blockage. This wide applicability of service would help the company to generate larger revenue and to capitalize the large market share.
- In February 2018, Multiview has unveiled its redesigned web presence. The new website will have more enhanced multimedia components with better user experience. The new website would have an informative blog, intuitive navigation and expanded content. The integration with attractive outlook of the company website would help the company to easily use this platform to increase its digital presence.
Research Methodology: North America Utility Locator Market
Primary Respondents: OEMs, Manufacturers, Engineers, Industrial Professionals.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.