North America Vertical Farming Market By Growth Mechanism (Aeroponics, Hydroponics, Aquaponics), Structure (Building-Based, Shipping Container), Type (Biopesticides, Biostimulants, Biofertilizers), Application (Indoor, Outdoor), Crop Type (Leafy Green, Pollinated Plants, Nutraceutical Plants), Component (Lighting, Hydroponic Component, Climate Control, Sensors), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico). – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
The vertical farming is performed in indoor conditions where vertically stacked trays are used to grow plants with the help of artificial lighting. This is being utilized for manufacturing various crop such as latus, cabbage and other leafy vegetables effectively. Vertical farming is considered to be the more sustainable and revolutionary method of agriculture than traditional agriculture and greenhouse farming. It requires very less water and saves considerable soil and space. This farming method is useful in challenging environments such as cities, mountainside towns and deserts.
North America vertical farming market is projected to register a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: North America Vertical Farming Market
North America vertical farming market is segmented into six notable segments that are growth mechanism, structure, type, application, crop type and component.
- On the basis of growth mechanism, the market is segmented into aeroponics, hydroponics, and aquaponics
- On the basis of structure, the market is segmented into building-based and shipping container
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into biopesticides, biostimulants and biofertilizers
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into indoor and outdoor
- On the basis of crop type, the market is segmented into leafy green, pollinated plants and nutraceutical plants
- On the basis of component, the market is segmented into lighting, hydroponics components, climate control and sensors
Competitive Analysis: North America Vertical Farming Market
Some of the major players operating in North America vertical farming market are AeroFarms, Gills N Claws Pte Ltd, Illumitex Inc., MOFLO aeroponics, Sky Greens, SPREAD Co., Ltd., Triton Foodworks, ZipGrow Inc., Urban Crop Solutions, AmHydro, EVERLIGHT ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., Agrinamics., CropOne, PLENTY UNLIMITED INC, OSRAM GmbH, Valoya, Signify Holding, HELIOSPECTRA AB, Altius Farms, CubicFarm Systems Inc., Agrilution, Green Sense Farms Holdings, Inc., Bowery Farming, Inc., Infarm, among others.
- In April 2019, Urban Crop Solutions collaborated with Puratos. Puratos is an international business group which provides pastry, bakery supply and chocolate raw materials industries. Through this collaboration Urban Crop Solutions will be responsible for providing vertical farming equipment and plant science support for growing crops in difficult circumstances. This will help the company to increase their customer base.
- In May 2018, Signify Holding announced their collaboration with Travaglini FarmTech to develop Italy’s first vertical farm plant research lab in Milan. Philips will provide GreenPower LED production module Dynamic grow lights to Travaglini FarmTech. This plant research helps the Travaglini FarmTech to develop vertical farming solutions to improve product consistency and boost the supply chain dynamics. This collaboration helps the company to increase their presence in Italy.
Research Methodology: North America Vertical Farming Market
Primary Respondents: OEMs, Manufacturers, Engineers, Industrial Professionals.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.