North America Waterproofing Membranes Market, By Type (Applied Membranes, Sheet Based Membranes, Built-Up Or Laminate Membrane and Injectable Waterproofing), Raw Material (Modified Bitumen, PVC, EPDM, TPO, HDPE, LDPE and Others), Grade (Grade-1 , Grade-2 and Grade-3), Application (Roofing & Walls, Building Structures, Waste & Water Management, Mining Application, Tunnel Liners, Bridges & Highways and Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
The waterproofing membranes market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 4.6% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and expected to reach USD 12,394.39 million by 2028.
Waterproofing membranes refer to the layer of water-tight material that is applied on the surface which do not allow the water to pass. The waterproofing membranes helps in increasing the life of the building as well as it helps in providing the finishing to the surface. The waterproofing membranes have wide range of application in building structures, roofing & walls, bridges & highways and at various other areas. Waterproofing membranes are available in various types such as applied membranes, built-up or laminate membrane, sheet based membranes and many others which are manufactured from the variety of raw materials such as modified bitumen, HDPE, EPDM and many others.
Waterproofing membranes are used for the roofing which helps to increase the life of the building as membrane do not allow the water to enter into the building material and also give the finishing surface and also increases the strength of the building at low temperature. Waterproofing membrane makes the thin layer on the surface of the building and protects the building from the heavy rainfall and snow falls.
The bio based waterproofing membrane is reinforced with a composite glass/polyester reinforcement impregnated with an acrylic coating. Waterproofing membrane reflectivity allows energy savings and reduces production of CO2 during its roof life and also allows the pH neutral and recycling of rainwater. The bio based waterproofing membrane requires less maintenance as compared to the other type waterproofing membrane.
This waterproofing membranes market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The waterproofing membranes market is segmented on the basis of type, raw material, grade and application. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the waterproofing membranes market is segmented into applied membranes, sheet based membranes, built-up or laminate membrane and injectable waterproofing. The applied membranes segment is further segmented into cold liquid applied membranes and hot liquid applied membranes. The sheet based membranes segment is further segmented into fully adhered sheets and loose laid sheets. In 2021, applied membranes are dominating in North America because of highly elastic seamless properties that have widened the application.
- On the basis of raw material, the waterproofing membranes market is segmented modified bitumen, PVC, EPDM, TPO, HDPE, LDPE and Others. The modified bitumen segment is further segmented into styrene-butadiene-styrene (SBS) and atactic polypropylene (APP). In 2021, modified bitumen is dominating in North America because of the feature that provides protection against the water damage which is majorly preferred by the manufacturers.
- On the basis of grade, the waterproofing membranes market is segmented into grade 1-, grade 2 and grade 3. In 2021, grade 3-is dominating because of its growing application in users with the aim to enhance the level of durability.
- On the basis of application, the waterproofing membranes market is segmented into roofing & walls, building structures, waste & water management, mining application, tunnel liners, bridges & highways and others. The building structures segment is further segmented into commercial and residential. The waste & water management segment is further segmented into waste management and water management. In 2021, building structures is dominating because of availability of properties that enhance shelf life which widens the consumption among individuals.
The waterproofing membranes market is analysed and market size information is provided by type, raw material, grade and application.
The countries covered in North America waterproofing membranes market report are the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
The U.S. accounted largest market share due to growing number of residential and commercial building in the US. and Canada grows with nominal CAGR as the country has the increasing demand of water conservation and wastewater treatment infrastructure with several countries making it the largest market as increasing demand of polymer-based waterproofing. However, Mexico grow with reasonable market share due to growing usage of roofing & walls especially in the developed nations.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growths in the Waterproofing Membranes Industry
The waterproofing membranes market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for waterproofing membranes market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes in infant formula regulatory scenarios and their impact on the waterproofing membranes market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Waterproofing Membranes Market Share Analysis
The waterproofing membranes market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to North America waterproofing membranes market.
The major players covered in the North America waterproofing membranes market report are SOPREMA S.A.S., SOLMAX, RENOLIT SE, Flex Membranes International Corp., GAF, LATICRETE International, Inc., GCP Applied Technologies Inc., Carlisle Construction Materials (A Subsidiary of Carlisle Companies, Inc.), Sika AG, Firestone Building Products (A Subsidiary of Bridgestone Americas, Inc.), KEMPER SYSTEM AMERICA Inc., DuPont, CanSeal Protective Coatings., Wacker Chemie AG, and Johns Manville. A Berkshire Hathaway Company among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch initiated by the companies worldwide are accelerating the growth of waterproofing membranes market.
- In April 2020, GAF has announced the winners of 2019 President’s Club Awards and considered as the most elite roofing contractors commercial and residential in the U.S. The announcement that helps the company to increase the sales and increases customer base of the company.
New product development, partnership and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company presence in the waterproofing membranes market which also provides the benefits for organization to improve their offering for North America waterproofing membranes market.