North America Weight Management Market By Type (Equipment, Services, Supplement), Diet (Meals, Beverages, Nutraceuticals), Application (Weight Maintenance, Body Shaping, Sports Injuries, Aesthetic Procedures, Chronic Wound Management, Others), Distribution Channel (Multi-Level Marketing, Large Retail, Small Retail, Health and Beauty Stores, Online, Others), End User (Fitness Centers & Health Clubs, Consulting Services & Commercial Weight Loss Centers, Online Weight Loss Programs, Slimming Centers, Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Weight management is a long-term challenge which is influenced by emotional, behavioural and physical factors. According to Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation, 30.0% of worlds’ population is affected by the excess weight gain and obesity which are the major concerns in the public health issue. Weight controls consist of many techniques and strategies such as diet plan, physical activity, behavioural therapy and surgery or combinations of these all. Some strategies such as altering diet habits and physical workout also influence obesity and other risk factors. Physical exercise is considered as an integral part of weight management and weight loss therapy. The availability of solutions for weight management and changing lifestyle is boosting the market growth.
North America weight management market is projected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: North America Weight Management Market
North America weight management market is segmented into five notable segments which are type, diet, application, distribution channel and end user
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into equipment, services and supplement
- In January 2018, THE COCA-COLA COMPANY had launch of Diet Coke in North America. In this there is change in look, packaging and new flavours. This modernizing helps Diet Coke to make special in newer generation. As a result, there will be more customer base for this product
- On the basis of diet, the market is segmented into meals, beverages and nutraceuticals
- In March 2019, In March, Herbalife launched Protein Drink Mix Select and Formula 1Select Meal Replacement shake, two newly developed alternative proteins. These products are plant-based nutrition mixes which are highly formulated with quinoa, rice proteins and pea. These products are the best alternatives for the allergies of gluten, dairy or soy. These launches definitely enhance the product portfolio as these blends provide essential nutrients with healthy & balanced diet
- On the basis of application the market is segmented into weight maintenance, body shaping, sports injuries, aesthetic procedures, chronic wound management and others
- In January 2016, Equinox Inc. had announced the launch of The Cut which is a unique cardio-forward boxing class. With this class there will be increase in awareness about boxing, kick boxing as well as of Martial Arts
- On the basis of distribution channel the market is segmented into multi-level marketing, large retail, small retail, health and beauty stores, online and others
- In May 2019, WW International, Inc., had launched a new technology hub in Toronto. This hub will offer the program to their employees. Such hub will transform the ongoing technology of the company
- On the basis of end user the market is segmented into fitness centers & health clubs, consulting services & commercial weight loss centers, online weight loss programs, slimming centers and others
Competitive Analysis: North America Weight Management Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are TECHNOGYM USA Corp, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Medtronic, OLYMPUS CORPORATION, BRUNSWICK CORPORATION, Apollo Endosurgery, Inc., Nautilus, Inc, ICON Health & Fitness, Johnson Health Tech. The Simply Good Foods Company, Herbalife International of America, Inc, Kellogg Co.,The Coca-Cola Company, PepsiCo, Inc, OTSUKA HOLDINGS CO. LTD., Amway, VLCC, WW International, Inc., NUTRISYSTEM, INC, WW International, Inc., ICON Health & Fitness, DUKE DIET & FITNESS CENTER, Jenny Craig, SLIMMING WORLD, EQUINOX, INC, EDIETS.COM, Life Time, Inc., MoreLife and Hologics Inc., among others.
- In January 2018, launch of Diet Coke in North America had been done by THE COCA-COLA COMPANY. In this there is change in look, packaging and new flavours. This modernizing helps Diet Coke to make special in newer generation. As a result, there will be more customer base for this products
- In October 2017, GOLD'S GYM had launched GOLD’S AMP which is latest digital personal training app ready provide a motivating workout experience in single touch. This product is available for iOS and android on the App Store and Google Play for USD 9.99 per month in the U.S. and Canada
- In May 2017, Nautilus, Inc. had successfully launched New Bowflex suite of strength and cardio equipment offers hybrid velocity training. With this, there is an increase in product portfolio as well as revenue of company
Research Methodology: North America Weight Management Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Researchers, Distributors, Bakers and Food Industrialists.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and National Sales Managers.