SEA Data Center Cooling Market, By Components (Services, Solutions), Organization Size (Large Organization, Small Organization, Medium Organization), Cooling Type (Room Based Cooling, Rack Based Cooling, Row Based Cooling), Data Center Type (Enterprise Data Center, Colocation Data Center, Wholesale Data Center, Hyper Scale Data Center, Others), Industry (BFSI, IT & Telecom, Research & Academic, Government & Defense, Retail, Energy, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Media & Entertainment, Transportation and Logistics), Country (Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Myanmar, Brunei, Rest of SEA) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: SEA Data Center Cooling Market
Data center cooling market is expected to gain market growth with CAGR of 17.7% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028.
The data center uses a lot of electricity to power the electronic network components incorporated into its facility. These data centers range in size and provide a lot of computational power to different end-users. This computational power puts a lot of load on the electronic components and produces heat, this increases the temperature of the facility hosting the IT infrastructure. It becomes vital to maintain the integrity of the operational facility by maintaining the temperature to prevent any damage to the mission-critical networking components in the facility. The data center cooling infrastructure is a vital component in any data center to maintain the temperature and humidity inside the facility for energy efficiency and system protection.
The major factors driving the growth of the data center cooling market are surge in the number of data centers and their power density and increasing emphasis on energy efficiency in data centers. Developments in more sustainable ways of data center cooling is creating opportunities for the growth of the market. Leakages in the cooling system can damage critical equipment in the data center is acting as the major restraint for data center cooling market. Reduction in data center carbon footprint is acting as a major challenge for the growth of the market.
This data center cooling market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Data center cooling market is segmented on the basis of component, organization size, cooling type, data center type, and industry. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of components, the SEA data center cooling market is segmented into services and solutions. In 2021, the solutions segment is expected to dominate the market as data centers consume high power producing immense heat. The amount of heat production can damage the servers and therefore hardware needs to be cooled by using various data center cooling solutions. Moreover, technological advancements in data center cooling systems have made the cooling systems more efficient.
- On the basis of organization size, the SEA data center cooling market is segmented into large organization, small organization and medium organization. In 2021, a large organization is expected to dominate the market as newer data center cooling infrastructure requires high investments that can be fulfilled by large organizations. A large organization can invest capital in advanced cooling technologies and incorporate on-premises data centers.
- On the basis of cooling type, the SEA data center cooling market is segmented into room based cooling, rack based cooling and row based cooling. In 2021, room-based cooling segment is expected to dominate the market as it is the most economical form of cooling because fewer cooling units are needed compared to other methods, and less piping is needed to direct air.
- On the basis of data center type, the SEA data center cooling market is segmented into enterprise data center, colocation data center, wholesale data center, hyper scale data center and others. In 2021, the enterprise data center is expected to dominate the segment as enterprise data centers are well-suited for companies with unique network needs or those that do enough business to take advantage of economies of scale. They can be purpose-built for maximum compatibility with an organization’s enterprise applications and processes.
- On the basis of industry, the SEA data center cooling market is segmented into BFSI, IT & telecom, research & academic, government & defense, retain, energy, manufacturing, healthcare, media & entertainment and transportation and logistics. In 2021, IT & telecom is expected to dominate the market as the IT & telecom industry is evolving to cater to huge data processing and low latency needs with the advent of different technologies such as 5G, IoT, virtual & augmented reality, and AI/ML.
SEA data center cooling market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, component, organization size, cooling type, data center type, and industry.
The countries covered in SEA data center cooling market report are Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Myanmar, Brunei, Rest of SEA.
Singapore accounted for highest market share due to increasing investments made in data center infrastructure in the region. Indonesia dominates in second position due to increasing need of energy efficient data center cooling system. Malaysia is falling under the third place due to increasing growth in IT companies that needs data centers for the data processing.
The country section of the data center cooling market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export analysis are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of data center cooling
SEA data center cooling market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products, impact of technology using life line curves and changes regulatory scenarios and their impact on the data center cooling market. The data is available for historic year 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Data Center Cooling Market Share Analysis
Data center cooling market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to data center cooling market.
Some of the major players operating in the data center cooling market are Excool Ltd., Delta Power Solutions, STULZ GMBH, Rittal GmbH & Co. KG, ALFA LAVAL, FUJITSU, Condair Group, Munters Group AB, Schneider Electric, Vertiv Group Corp., Asetek, Inc., Black Box Corporation, nVent, Eaton, DAIKIN APPLIED (A Subsidiary of DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd.), AIREDALE INTERNATIONAL AIR CONDITIONING LTD. (A Subsidiary of MODINE MANUFACTURING COMPNAY), Systemair AB, USystems limited among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In February 2021, Excool Ltd. announced the successful installation of its first major Excool Data Center cooling solution in China for SZZT Electronics Co., LTD for their new 8MW data center in Shenzhen. With this the company expanded its ability to provide data center cooling solutions for the China region. The company signed a license agreement with SZZT Electronics Co., LTD for manufacturing of the 39 x 200kW indirect evaporative cooled units in China itself before installation. This enhanced the company’s ability to meet project deadlines in record time. This expansion enhanced the company’s presence in the Asian market.
- In December 2020, Delta Power Solutions has completed the contract of designing, building the new Data Center of Formosa Plastic Group, one of the world’s largest petrochemical conglomerates. Delta Power Solutions employed its modularized Data Center infrastructure providing high power efficiency and energy savings. This enhanced the product portfolio of the company and strengthened its offerings in the market.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for Data center cooling market through expanded product range.