U.S. Automatic Optical Inspection Systems in Healthcare Packaging Market By Component (Hardware Software, Services), Type (2D, 3D), Product Type (PC-Based and Smart Camera Based), Platform (PC-Based, Vision Controllers, Standalone Vision Systems, Vision Sensors and Image-Based Barcode Readers), Function (Inspection, Measurement, Others), Technology (Microcurrent High Voltage Leak Detection HVLD, Vacuum Decay Technology, Non-Contact Airborne Ultrasonic Technology, Volumetric Imaging Technology, Others), Packaging Material (Glass, Polymers), Application (Container, Blister Packs, Bags, Carton, Stopper, Cap & Crimp, Others) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026The automatic optical inspection system is the system which is required for inspecting, providing the imaging-based automatic inspection and analysis for healthcare packaging. The analysis or the inspection is been done on the basis of the packaging material, the type of the medicine product to be packed and the labelling. The packaging practice carried out is focused on the health benefits of the consumers. It is done for the consumer’s knowledge and providing the way to use the particular product to avoid any ill effects on human health.
The automatic optical inspection system in healthcare packaging is done using the combination of the hardware and the software which helps in providing the guidance to devices for the execution of their respective functions based on the capturing and processing of images. The systems which are used for inspecting the healthcare materials should be equipped with features such as greater robustness, reliability, and stability for preserving the sterility of medical devices and products.
The automatic optical inspection system in healthcare packaging plays an important role in inspecting the end product and measuring the quantity and quality of the end product stored in it and the packaging product. These systems can be used for inspecting the packaging products like containers, blister packs, bags, cartons, stopper, cap and crimp and others.
U.S. automatic optical inspection system in healthcare packaging market is projected to register a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: U.S. Automatic Optical Inspection Systems in Healthcare Packaging Market
The U.S. automatic optical inspection systems in healthcare packaging market is segmented into eight notable segments which are component, type, product type, platform, function, technology, packaging material and application.
- On the basis of component, the market is segmented into hardware, software and services.
- In April 2019, Heuft has showcased the wide range of applications of its pulsed X-ray technology for the in-line inspection of various pharmaceutical products at the Pharma Congress in Neuss.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into 3D and 2D.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into PC-based and smart camera-based.
- On the basis of platform, the market is segmented into PC-based, vision controllers, standalone vision systems, vision sensors and image-based barcode readers.
- On the basis of function, the market is segmented into inspection, measurement, others.
- On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into microcurrent high voltage leak detection HVLD, vacuum decay technology, non-contact airborne ultrasonic technology, volumetric imaging technology, others.
- In April 2017, Cognex has announced the launch of the In-Sight Laser Profiler which is a system used for measuring the systems’ dimensions. It is considered as intuitive and reliable because of the combination of Cognex vision tools, accurate object detection and the EasyBuilder interface.
- On the basis of packaging material, the market is segmented into glass, polymers.
- On the basis of the application, the market is segmented into container, blister packs, bags, cartons, stopper, cap and crimp, others.
- In October 2016, Cognex has announced the acquisitions of EnShape GmbH (engaged in manufacturing advanced 3D vision sensors and software) and AQSense (engaged in providing 3D vision software)
Competitive Analysis: U.S. Automatic Optical Inspection Systems in Healthcare Packaging Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are KEYENCE CORPORATION, OCTUM GmbH, PHOENIX IMAGING, SEA VISION S.r.l., BREVETTI CEA S.P.A, Körber Medipak Systems GmbH, ANTARES VISION S.p.A., VITRONIC, Mercator Robotec Inc., Dabrico, Inc, HEUFT SYSTEMTECHNIK GMBH, Banner Engineering Corp., Packaging Technologies and Inspection, COGNEX CORPORATION, Omron Microscan Systems, Inc. and others.
- In November 2018, Cognex has announced the launch of the In-Sight 9000 series of ultra-high-resolution vision systems which has two models 9902L used for scanning 2K line scan and the 9912 which is a 12 Mega Pixels camera used for area scanning.
- In April 2017, Cognex has announced the launch of the second generation In-Sight 7000 vision system, which has features like ultra-rugged, has highly modular standalone vision systems, IP67-rated and includes Flexible Image Technology.
Research Methodology: U.S. Automatic Optical Inspection Systems in Healthcare Packaging Market
Primary Respondents: OEMs, Manufacturers, Engineers, Industrial Professionals. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.