Global Newborn Screening Market is projected to register a healthy CAGR of 10.7% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026. The new market report contains data for historic year 2017, the base year of calculation is 2018 and the forecast period is 2019 to 2026.
Access Full Report: https://www.databridgemarketresearch.com/reports/global-newborn-screening-market
Drivers: Global Newborn Screening Market
- Rising prevalence of newborn screening
- Technological advancements in screening
- Stringent regulatory policies
- High cost of automated devices
- Next-generation sequencing technology for newborn screening
- Lack of skilled professionals
Global newborn screening market is segmented into five notable segments which are test type, product type, technology, disease type and end user.
- On the basis of test type, the market is segmented into dried blood spot test, hearing screen test, critical congenital heart diseases (CCHD) test. In 2019, dried blood spot (DBS) test segment is estimated to dominate with the largest market share because the dried blood spot is the traditional and widely accepted method for the newborn screening. Its sampling has been used for over 50 years to screen the newborn babies for congenital metabolic diseases. In this screening, more than 50 different analytes can be identified from a quarter size spot of blood.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into instruments, reagents & assay kits.
- On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into tandem mass spectrometry, hearing screen technology, pulse oximetry screening technology, immunoassays and enzymatic assays, electrophoresis, DNA-based assays. In 2019, tandem mass spectrometry segment is expected to dominate with the largest market shares because it detects various metabolic disorders from dried blood-spot specimens.
- On the basis of disease type, the market is segmented into phenylketonuria (PKU), cystic fibrosis (CF), sickle cell disease, newborn hearing loss, critical congenital heart diseases, maple syrup urine disease, others.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into paediatric clinics, hospital, clinics. In 2019, hospitals segment is estimated to dominate with the largest market share because newborns screening program in hospital has some internal NBS protocol which includes NBS specimen collection protocol, maintaining tracking logs on NBS specimen collection, courier pickup, and screening results and others.
Major Players: Global Newborn Screening Market
Some of the major players operating in the global newborn screening market are PerkinElmer Inc., Natus Medical Incorporated, Trivitron Healthcare, Baebies, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Danahar, Hill-Rom Services Inc., Intelligent Hearing Systems, Interacoustics A/S, Masimo, Medtronic, Otodynamics Ltd, Vivosonic Inc., ZenTech S.A., among others.