Asia-Pacific Biodegradable Film Market, By Type (PLA, Starch Blends, Biodegradable Polyester, PHA, Soy-Based, Cellulose-Based, Lignin-Based and Others), Product Type (Oxo-Biodegradable and Hydro-Biodegradable), Crop Type (Fruits & Vegetables, Grains & Oilseeds, Flowers & Plants and Others), Application (Food Packaging, Agriculture & Horticulture, Cosmetic & Personal Care Products, Industrial Packaging and Others), Country (Japan, China, Singapore, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: Asia-Pacific Biodegradable Film Market
The biodegradable film market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 5.6% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 9,888.14 million by 2028. The growing awareness regarding the health problems associated with plastic films is acting as a driver and boosting the demand for the biodegradable film market
Biodegradable films are degraded by nature over time with the influence of natural parameters such as moisture, oxygen, microbes and sunlight. Such films were invented to eliminate threats such as atmospheric pollution and landfill generations caused by plastic films. These materials are manufactured mainly by the chemical replacement of carbon chains in the materials used to manufacture plastic films so that the degradation process happens faster than in the case of normal plastics.
The fluctuation in price and long-term availability of fossil fuels is acting as a driver and boosting the demand for the biodegradable film market. The comparatively higher production cost with respect to plastic films is hampering the demand for the biodegradable film market. The growth of the sustainable film market is acting as an opportunity for the biodegradable film market. Inability of biodegradable film to degrade when certain environmental conditions are not met which is acting as a challenge for hampering the demand of the biodegradable film market.
This biodegradable film market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the biodegradable film market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Biodegradable Film Market Scope and Market Size
The biodegradable film market is segmented on the basis of the type, product type, crop type and application. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the biodegradable film market is segmented into PLA, starch blends, biodegradable polyester, PHA, soy-based, cellulose-based, lignin-based and others. In 2021, the starch blends segment is dominating the biodegradable film market because starch blends biodegradable film has good film properties that have comparatively fewer adverse environmental effects.
- On the basis of the product type, the biodegradable film market is segmented into oxo-biodegradable and hydro-biodegradable. In 2021, oxo-biodegradable segment is dominating the biodegradable film market because oxo-biodegradable based products are cost-effective as well as easily affordable among the consumers.
- On the basis of crop type, the biodegradable film market is segmented into fruits & vegetables, grains & oilseeds, flowers & plants and others. In 2021, the grains & oilseeds segment is expected to dominate the biodegradable film market because of the excellent food contact compliance and exclusive strength and stability of these biodegradable films which boosts its demand in the forecast year.
- On the basis of application, the biodegradable film market is segmented into food packaging, agriculture & horticulture, cosmetic & personal care products, industrial packaging and others. In 2021, agriculture & horticulture segment is dominating the biodegradable film market because biodegradable films are widely used in agriculture & horticulture application to increase water use efficiency which helps boost its demand in the forecast year.
Asia-Pacific Biodegradable Film Market Country Level Analysis
Asia-Pacific biodegradable film market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, type, product type, crop type and application as referenced above.
The countries covered in Asia-Pacific biodegradable film market report are Japan, China, Singapore, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, India and rest of Asia-Pacific.
China is expected to dominate with the highest market share in the Asia-Pacific biodegradable film market as there is a huge demand for biodegradable film and the fact that most of the advanced technology-based biodegradable film is launched in the region.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growths in the Biodegradable Film Industry
The biodegradable film market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for biodegradable film market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes in infant formula regulatory scenarios and their impact on the biodegradable film market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Biodegradable Film Market Share Analysis
The biodegradable film market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Asia-Pacific presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to Asia-Pacific biodegradable film market.
The major players covered in the Asia-Pacific biodegradable film market report are BASF SE, TAGHLEEF INDUSTRIES GROUP, Shreejistretchfilm, Polyplex, STOROPACK HANS REICHENECKER GMBH, Grafix Plastics, Profol GmbH, Walki Group Oy, BioBag Americas, Inc., AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION, Cortec Corporation, BI-AX International Inc, Futamura Group, Poysha Packaging Private Limited, PLASTIKA KRITIS S.A. among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the biodegradable film market.
- In September 2020, AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION Brazil was honoured with Industry Sustainability Award for the third time in a row for its label-waste recycling program. This achievement is expected to raise its goodwill and sales in the country as well as the continent.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organization to improve their offering for biodegradable film market through expanded product range.