Asia-Pacific Biologics Market, By Class (Tumor Necrosis Factor-Α (TNF) Inhibitors, B-Cell Inhibitors, Interleukin Inhibitors, Selective Co-Stimulation Modulators (Abatacept), Others), Type (Monoclonal Antibodies (mAbs), Therapeutic Proteins, Vaccines, Cellular—Based Biologics, Gene Based Biologics, Other Products), Route of Administration (Injection, Infusion), Application (Oncology, Autoimmune diseases, Diabetes, Infectious Diseases, Cardiovascular Diseases, Ophthalmic Conditions, Dermatological Diseases, Others), Drug Classification (Branded Drugs, Generic Drugs), Source Material (Humans, Avian Cell Culture, Yeast, Bacteria, Insect Cell Culture, Transgenics), End User( Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies), Country (China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029.
Market Analysis and Insights: Asia-Pacific Biologics Market
Asia-Pacific biologics market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 11.5% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and is expected to reach USD 130,466.91 million by 2029 from USD 53,903.20 million in 2021. The market for biologics is expected to grow in the forecast year for several reasons, including the increase in prevalence of chronic diseases such as diabetes and cancer.
Biologics are the drugs produced from living organisms or some components of living organisms. These drugs can be derived from different biological sources, including humans, avian cell culture, yeast, bacteria, and insect cell culture. These drugs involve therapeutic proteins, monoclonal antibodies, and vaccines. These drugs can be used to treat different types of chronic conditions, including cancers, inflammatory diseases, metabolic diseases, cardiovascular diseases, and infectious diseases.
Biologic drugs have several advantages compared to other drug types, including small molecules. These are very much target-specific which has enhanced its demand among healthcare professionals. Moreover, the side effects caused are mostly related to exaggerated pharmacological effects, leading to mild health effects. Biologic drugs have also been proved to hold high potential for several therapeutic areas and have revolutionized treatments of several serious illnesses. For instance, Rituximab (chimeric monoclonal antibody) has significantly improved non-Hodkings lymphoma.
Moreover, recent advancements in biologics are also accelerating the market’s growth. Rising healthcare expenditure is another factor that is anticipated to foster the market’s growth. However, a lack of skilled and trained professionals and stringent regulatory processes may restrain the market’s growth.
This biologics market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the nut oil market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia-Pacific Biologics Market Scope and Market Size
Asia-Pacific biologics market is segmented into eight notable segments based on class, type, route of administration, application, drug classification, source material, end user and distribution channel.
- On the basis of class, the Asia-Pacific biologics market is segmented into tumor necrosis factor-Α (TNF) inhibitors, B-cell inhibitors, interleukin inhibitors, selective co-stimulation modulators (Abatacept), others. In 2022, tumor necrosis factor-A (TNF) inhibitors is expected to dominate the Asia-Pacific biologics market due to the increasing prevalence of inflammatory diseases including plaque psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis among others and presence of pipeline therapies.
- On the basis of type, the Asia-Pacific biologics market is segmented into monoclonal antibodies (MABS), therapeutic proteins, vaccines, cellular—based biologics, gene based biologics, and other products. In 2022, monoclonal antibodies are expected to dominate the Asia-Pacific biologics market due to rising preference for biological therapies and increasing usage of monoclonal antibodies for COVID-19 treatment is also accelerating the market growth.
- On the basis of route of administration, the Asia-Pacific biologics market is segmented into injection and infusion. In 2022, injection segment is expected to dominate the Asia-Pacific biologics market due to protein nature of most of the biologics drugs which allows high absorption by the human body.
- On the basis of application, the Asia-Pacific biologics market is segmented into oncology, autoimmune diseases, diabetes, infectious diseases, cardiovascular diseases, ophthalmic diseases, dermatological diseases and others. In 2022, the oncology segment is expected to dominate the Asia-Pacific biologics market due to the rising prevalence of cancer and the growing effectiveness of biologics for cancer treatment.
- On the basis of drug classification, the Asia-Pacific biologics market is segmented into branded and generics. In 2022, the prostate cancer segment is expected to dominate the Asia-Pacific biologics market as biologics are patented, and thus, most of the market is occupied with branded biologics drugs.
- On the basis of source material, the Asia-Pacific biologics market is segmented into humans, avian cell culture, yeast, bacteria, insects cell culture, and transgenics. In 2022, the bacteria segment is expected to dominate the Asia-Pacific biologics market due to rising demand for advanced and effective drugs and rising demand for rapid manufacturing processes that can yield in organisms with shot life span.
- On the basis of end user, the Asia-Pacific biologics market is segmented into hospitals, specialty clinics and others. In 2022, the hospitals segment is expected to dominate the Asia-Pacific biologics market due to certified and trained healthcare professionals.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the Asia-Pacific biologics market is segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. In 2022, the hospital pharmacies segment is expected to dominate the Asia-Pacific biologics market as most of the patients visit hospital pharmacies to procure branded biologics drugs. Moreover, increasing number of patient’s visits to hospitals is also increasing the drug sales at hospital pharmacies.
Asia-Pacific Biologics Market Country Level Analysis
Asia-Pacific biologics market analyses market size information is on based on the basis of class, type, route of administration, application, drug classification, source material, end user, and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the Asia-Pacific biologics market report are China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
China is expected to dominate the Asia-Pacific biologics market, followed by Japan and India, due to rising strategic initiatives by market players and increasing regulatory approvals due to shortening regulatory pathways and rising preference for biologics drugs. Japan is projected to dominate due to increase in prevalence of chronic diseases such as diabetes and cancers. However, India is anticipated to dominate due to lifestyle changes in the country
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Africa brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strategic Initiatives by Manufactures is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Asia-Pacific Biologics Market
Asia-Pacific biologics market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in biologics industry with its treatment sales, impact of advancement in the biologics market and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the Asia-Pacific biologics market.
Competitive Landscape and Asia-Pacific Biologics Market Share Analysis
Asia-Pacific biologics market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to Asia-Pacific biologics market.
Some of the major players operating in this market are Biocon, BeiGene, Bharat Biotech, KM Biologics (A Subsidiary of Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd.), Shanghai Henlius Biotech, Inc., Biogen, BioDiem, Intas Pharmaceutical Ltd, YL Biologics, Innovent, FUJIFILM KYOWA KIRIN BIOLOGICS Co., Ltd., Qilu Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Ipsen Pharma, AGC Biologics, Panacea Biotec, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc., Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd., Chime Biologics, Catalent, Inc., NBHL ltd., Cipla Inc., Celltrion Healthcare Co., Ltd., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Pfizer Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline plc, AbbVie Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, WuXi Biologics, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Evotech, Samsung Biologics among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the Asia-Pacific biologics market.
- In November 2021, Biocon has launched Interchangeable SEMGLEE (insulin glargine-yfgn) Injection and Insulin Glargine (insulin glargine-yfgn) Injection in collaboration with Viatris Inc. The new product launched helped patients control high blood sugar in adults and pediatric patients suffering from diabetes 1 and diabetes 2.
- In December 2019, Bharat Biotech launched ROTAVAC 5D-lowest dose volume rotavirus vaccine across the world. The product launch has been developed under the partnership with the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company in the biologics market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for medications.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific Biologics Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.