Asia-Pacific Menstrual Cramps Treatment Market, By Type (Primary Dysmenorrhea and Secondary Dysmenorrhea), Treatment Type (Medication, Therapy, Surgery and Others), Mode Of Prescription (Prescription and Over The Counter), Route of Administration (Oral, Parenteral, Implants and Others), End User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centres, Specialty Centres, and Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Retail Sales, Pharmacies and Others), Country (China, South Korea, Japan, India, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam and Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Asia-Pacific menstrual cramps treatment market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 9.6% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 1,457.50 million by 2028 from USD 706.47 million in 2020.
Rising prevalence of menstrual health diseases such as menstrual cramps and extensive research & development activity in menstrual cramps treatment are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Menstrual cramps treatment comprises features such as increasing need for effective treatment for menstrual cramps will impact in launching of new product by the manufactures into the market which enhance its demand as well as rising government & pharmaceutical industries initiatives leads to the market growth. Currently, awareness programmes are going on which is expected to create a competitive advantage for manufacturers to develop new and innovative technology. Moreover, these awareness programmes are also expected to provide various other opportunities in the menstrual cramps treatment market. However, presence of traditional therapies is expected to restraint the market growth in the forecast period.
Menstrual cramps are also referred to as painful period or dysmenorrhea. There are two types of dysmenorrhea observed among menstruating females which include primary and secondary dysmenorrhea. Primary dysmenorrhea leads to recurrent and intense menstrual cramps which occur one or two days before menstrual bleeding, and are felt in the lower abdomen, back, or leg, and are moderate to severe in nature, usually lasting 12 to 72 hours. Nausea, vomiting, weakness, and even diarrhoea can also be seen in this type of disease. Primary dysmenorrhea affects 45-95% of menstrual women. Secondary dysmenorrhea is marked by pain due to dysfunction or infection in the reproductive organs of the woman; the pain typically starts early in the menstrual cycle and lasts up to common menstrual cramps. Menstrual cramp treatment market has gained a wide attraction during the last years due to growing government initiative. Moreover, increasing incidence and prevalence of cancer disease as well as rising product launches has also given boom to market growth.
Menstrual cramps are the cramping and throbbing pain in the lower abdomen of the body. Many women have menstrual cramps before and after the menstrual periods. For some women menstrual cramps are common while for other women menstrual cramps are annoying & quite sever which interfere in daily activities for a few days of every month. Symptoms of menstrual cramps are; pain that starts 1 to 3 days before the period, peaks 24 hours after the onset of the period and subsides in 2 to 3 days, dull, continuous ache, nausea, headache, dizziness, loose stools and others.
The menstrual cramps treatment market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia-Pacific menstrual cramps treatment market is segmented on the based on the basis of type, treatment type, mode of prescription, route of administration, end user, distribution channel, and country and country. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the Asia-Pacific menstrual cramps treatment market is segmented into primary dysmenorrhea and secondary dysmenorrhea. In 2021, primary dysmenorrhea segment is dominating the menstrual cramps treatment market as majority of women in the Asia Pacific suffering from or faces minor menstrual cramps during their periods.
- On the basis of treatment type, the Asia-Pacific menstrual cramps treatment market is segmented into medication, therapy, surgery and others. In 2021, medication segment is dominating the menstrual cramps treatment market due to medication nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and combined oral contraceptives represent first-line therapy for dysmenorrhea pain.
- On the basis of mode of prescription, the Asia-Pacific menstrual cramps treatment market is segmented into prescription and over the counter. In 2021, over the counter segment is dominating the menstrual cramps treatment market due to most of the drugs are available generic and supply of pharmaceutical products without any hindrance and raising awareness among the masses by the virtues of advertising.
- On the basis of route of administration, the Asia-Pacific menstrual cramps treatment market is segmented into oral, parenteral, implants and others. In 2021, oral segment is dominating the menstrual cramps treatment market due to oral segment is considered to be the first line of treatment. Furthermore, oral medication has better patient compliance which serves as another driving factor.
- On the basis of end user, the Asia-Pacific menstrual cramps treatment market is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, specialty centers and others. In 2021, hospitals segment is dominating the menstrual cramps treatment market because most patients are experiencing menopausal symptoms so they would be seen in the hospital to get proper diagnosis and treatment.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the Asia-Pacific menstrual cramps treatment market is segmented into direct tender, retail sales, pharmacies and others. In 2021, pharmacies segment is dominating the menstrual cramps treatment market as variety of medicines available in the pharmacies according to the patient need and demand.
Menstrual Cramps Treatment Market Country Level Analysis
The menstrual cramps treatment market is analysed and market size information is provided by the basis of type, treatment type, mode of prescription, route of administration, end user and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the menstrual cramps treatment market report are the China, South Korea, Japan, India, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
Japan is dominating in the market and leading the growth in the Asia-Pacific market due to established healthcare facilities. India is growing with the fastest rate due to fastest growing healthcare facilities and rising female population.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strategic Initiatives by manufactures is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Menstrual Cramps Treatment Market
Menstrual cramps treatment market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in aesthetic industry with menstrual cramps treatment sales, impact of advancement in the menstrual cramps treatment and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the menstrual cramps treatment market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Menstrual Cramps Treatment Market Share Analysis
Menstrual cramps treatment market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to menstrual cramps treatment market.
The major companies which are dealing in the menstrual cramps treatment are Bayer AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Pfizer Inc., Color Seven Co., Ltd., Beurer GmbH, Mylan N. V. (a part of Viatris Inc.), Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Sanofi, Nobelpharma Co., Ltd., AbbVie Inc., BioElectronics Corporation, Alvogen, Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Inc., Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.), Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., among others domestic and Asia-Pacific players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the menstrual cramps treatment market.
- In September 2014, Bayer AG., announces the launch of Aleve PM at retailers nationwide. Aleve PM is the first over-the-counter (OTC) PM product with a safe sleep aid plus the 12-hour pain relieving strength of Aleve for pain relief that can last until the morning.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the menstrual cramps treatment market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for menstrual cramps treatment.