Asia-Pacific Probe Card Market, By Probe Type (Advanced Probe Card, and Standard Probe Card), Manufacturing Technology Type (MEMS, Vertical, Cantilever, Epoxy, Blade, Others), Wafer Size (More Than 12 Inches, and Less Than 12 Inches), Head Size (More Than 40mm x 40mm, and Less Than 40mm x 40mm), Test (DC Test, Functional Test, and AC Test), Material (Tungsten, Copper Clad Laminated (CCL), Aluminum, Others), Application (WLCSP, SIP, Mixed Signal Flip Chip, Analog), Beam Size (More Than 1.5 Mil, Less Than 1.5 Mil), End-Use (Foundry, Parametric, Logic and Memory Device, DRAM, CMOS Image Sensor (CIS), Flash, Others), Country (China, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, India, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029.
Market Analysis and Insights: Asia-Pacific Probe Card Market
Asia-Pacific probe card market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 11.0% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and is expected to reach USD 3,413.00 million by 2029. The increasing use of integrated circuits in electronic devices is expected to boost the Asia-Pacific probe card market.
A probe card is an interface used to perform a wafer test for a semiconductor wafer. This process is used to check the quality of integrated circuits or latent semantic indexing in the first process of semiconductor manufacturing. Generally, the probe card is electrically connected to a tester and mechanically docked to a prober. The main function of a probe card is to provide an electrical path between the test system and the circuits on the wafer, where the circuits can be tested. The main parts included in probe cards are called printed circuit boards (PCB) and some forms of contact elements. Many items are considered in a probe card, some being very common to use, and some having very special uses.
A surge in demand for electronic testing in the semiconductor industry may act as a driver in the Asia-Pacific probe card market. Lack of awareness among consumers regarding the benefits of the probe card solution is expected to challenge the market growth. However, a rise in strategic partnership and collaboration among the organization is expected to provide opportunities for the Asia-Pacific probe card market. The high cost associated with the probe card solution can prove to restrain the market.
The Asia-Pacific probe card market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the Asia-Pacific probe card market scenario, contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief; our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia-Pacific Probe Card Market Scope and Market Size
The Asia-Pacific probe card market is segmented into probe type, manufacturing technology type, wafer size, head size, test, material, application, beam size, and end-use. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of probe type, the Asia-Pacific probe card market is segmented into advanced probe card, standard probe card. In 2022, the advanced probe card segment is anticipated to dominate the market because it provides the highest quality and high efficiency in the MEMS type, which makes it suitable for large-scale applications.
- On the basis of manufacturing technology type, the Asia-Pacific probe card market is segmented into MEMS, vertical, cantilever, epoxy, blade, others. In 2022, the MEMS segment is anticipated to dominate the market because it can provide high-density probes in new technology.
- On the basis of wafer size, the Asia-Pacific probe card market is segmented into more than 12 inches and less than 12 inches. In 2022, more than 12 inches segment is anticipated to dominate the market because it gives high efficiency in mass production.
- On the basis of head size, the Asia-Pacific probe card market is segmented into more than 40mm x 40mm and less than 40mm x 40mm. In 2022, the more than 40mm x 40mm segment is anticipated to dominate the market because it can simultaneously connect multiple chips, which is an advantage in mass production.
- On the basis of test, the Asia-Pacific probe card market is segmented into DC test, functional test, and AC test. In 2022, the DC test segment is anticipated to dominate the market because the direct current test helps to identify breakage in integrated circuits and gives primary results.
- On the basis of material, the Asia-Pacific probe card market is segmented into tungsten, Copper Clad Laminated (CCL), aluminum, and others. In 2022, the tungsten segment is anticipated to dominate the market because of its high melting point, thermal expansion coefficient, and extremely high shape stability even under a super high-temperature environment.
- On the basis of application, the Asia-Pacific probe card market is segmented into WLCSP, SIP, mixed signal flip chip, and analog. In 2022, the WLCSP segment is anticipated to dominate the market because it adapts to various applications easily like foundry, DRAM, among others.
- On the basis of beam size, the Asia-Pacific probe card market is segmented into more than 1.5 mil and less than 1.5 mil. In 2022, the more than 1.5 mil segment is anticipated to dominate the market because it contains a minimum feature size to continue the semiconductor manufacturing process.
- On the basis of end-use, the Asia-Pacific probe card market is segmented into the foundry, parametric, logic and memory device, DRAM, CMOS image sensor (CIS), flash, others. In 2022, the foundry segment is anticipated to dominate the market because of the high demand from small devices like wearables.
Asia-Pacific Probe Card Market Country Level Analysis
Asia-Pacific probe card market is analyzed, and market size probe type, manufacturing technology type, wafer size, head size, test, material, application, beam size, and end-use as referenced above.
The countries covered in the Asia-Pacific probe card market report are China, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, India, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Rest of Asia-Pacific. China is expected to dominate the Asia-Pacific probe card market due to the highest production of semiconductors in the country.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Surge in Demand for Electronic Testing in Semiconductor Industry is Expected to boost Asia-Pacific Probe Card Market Growth
Asia-Pacific probe card market also provides you with a detailed market analysis for every country's growth in a particular market. Additionally, it provides detailed information regarding the market players’ strategy and their geographical presence. The data is available for the historical period 2011 to 2020.
Competitive Landscape and Asia-Pacific Probe Card Market Share Analysis
Asia-Pacific probe card market competitive landscape provides details by the competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width, and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to the Asia-Pacific probe card market.
Some of the major companies dealing in the Asia-Pacific probe card market are FormFactor, Chunghwa Precision Test Tech.Co., Ltd., FEINMETALL GmbH, RIKA DENSHI CO., LTD., TSE co, Ltd., dynamic-test, STAr Technologies Inc., MICRONICS JAPAN CO., LTD., Microfriend, Korea Instrument Co.,Ltd., MPI CORPORATION, Onto Innovation, Japan ELECTRONIC MATERIALS CORPORATION, WinWay Tech. Co., Ltd., Technoprobe S.p.A., WILLTECHNOLOGY, Wentworth Labs, htt high tech trade GmbH, SV Probe, among others in domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
The companies also initiate many contracts and agreements, which accelerates the Asia-Pacific probe card market.
- In December 2021, FormFactor started a new manufacturing facility for semiconductor wafer probe card production in California. The initiative was taken to expand the production capacity of probe cards. The benefit of the production facility will help the company meet customer rising demand. The market will have more products with significant features
- In April 2021, FEINMETALL GmbH introduced a new wafer probe card with a spring contact probe as a contact element. The company has launched the product because of its unique features for contacting chips and probe independently spring-loaded and have a special tip style. The product was in demand in the market. The market was enriched with new feature probes as per the demand of users
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific Probe Card Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market, and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.