Asia-Pacific Transcritical CO2 Market, By End User (Retail, Household Appliances, Marine, Food Processing Industries, Transportation, Ice Skating Rinks, and Others), By Geography (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Philippines and Rest of APAC) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026Transcritical CO2 systems and compressors uses CO2 as a working fluid and these systems found various applications. For instance, it has been used as compressors in household appliances. Further, it is used in retail segments such as supermarkets and hypermarkets. In this the heat rejection happens at the pressure and temperature above the critical point in fluid region and so the process is called cooling process and the heat exchanger is called gas cooler. It has various properties which include low GWP value in comparison to other refrigerants, can be used for low and medium temperature applications, zero ODP, allows heat rejection, can be used in all environmental conditions. Due to the usage of transcritical CO2 systems, the depletion of ozone layer and the harmful effects on the environment has been reduced and also is cost effective.
Asia Pacific transcritical CO2 market is growing at a CAGR of 8.2% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Asia-Pacific Transcritical CO2 Market
The transcritical CO2 market is segmented into two notable segments such as End User and Geography
- On the basis of end-user type, the market is segmented into retail, household appliances, marine, food processing industries, transportation, ice skating rinks, and others. Retail is further sub-segmented into super market and hyper market
- In February 2016, Bitzer SE with CAREL and Christof Fischer developed a transcritical CO2 compressor rack for Rottenburg training center, which is energy efficient.
Competitive Analysis: Asia-Pacific Transcritical CO2 Market
Some of the prominent participants operating in this market are Panasonic Corp. Henry Group Industries, Carel Industries S.p.A, Parker Hannifin Corp., GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft, Hussmann Corporation, Kysor Warren Corp., LU-VE S.p.A, ALFA LAVAL, Ritchie Engineering Co., Inc., Thermal Transfer Technology Limited among others.
- In March 2018, Baltimore Aircoil Company launched the larger models of TrilliumSeries Adiabatic condenser up to 215 tons for commercial and industrial applications
- In February 2018, Bitzer SE, presented its ECOLINE+ compressor solutions for low GWP refrigerants in Japan for transcritical CO2 applications as it would help in increasing the market share and goodwill of the company
- In December 2017, CAREL launched first transcritical CO2 store in Beijing for controlled cold chain components, compressor racks and showcases exploiting the best electronic devices available on the market
Research Methodology: Asia-Pacific Transcritical CO2 Market
Primary Respondents: key industry participants, subject-matter experts (SMEs), C-level executives of key market players, and industry consultants.