Asia-Pacific Water Purifier Market, By Technology (Reverse Osmosis, UF Purification, UV Purification, Sediment Filter, Gravity Purifier, Water Softener, Multi-Stage Purifiers and Others), Installation Type (Point of Use Systems and Point of Entry Systems), Filter Type (Mechanical Filters, Absorption Filters, Ion Exchange Filters, Reverse Osmosis Filters and Sequestration Filters), Portability (Portable Water Purifiers and Non-Portable Water Purifiers), Distribution Channel (Offline and Online), Application (Residential, Corporate/Commercial and Hotels, Restaurants & Cafes (HORECA)), Country (China, Japan, Malaysia, Australia & New Zealand, South Korea, India, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: Asia-Pacific Water Purifier Market
Asia-Pacific water purifier market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 8.6% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 4,369.51 million by 2028. Increase in concerns towards health and well-being among the population is boosting the growth of the market.
The Asia-Pacific region has large number of rural areas that lack availability of clean water. The areas lack the basic amenities of pure water and government is taking various initiatives to provide clean water by installing water purifiers and increasing awareness among the population to drink clean water which is boosting the demand of water purifiers in the region.
Water purifiers are used for purifying the water to make it suitable for drinking and using it for other purposes such as washing clothes, bathing and others. Water comes from different sources that are exposed to the open environment that leads to contamination of water. The water reaching household and commercial places needs to be treated in order to prevent waterborne diseases. Waterborne diseases are caused by microscopic organisms such as viruses and bacteria that get ingested through contaminated water. Transmission of these pathogens can occur while using infected water for drinking, washing clothes and food preparation among others. The waterborne diseases can be prevented by purification of water done by the water purifiers that can be installed at residential and commercial places.
The water purifier market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Water Purifier Market Scope and Market Size
Water purifier market is segmented into six notable segments which are based on the technology, installation type, filter type, portability, distribution channel, and application. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of technology, Asia-Pacific water purifier market has been segmented into reverse osmosis, UF purification, UV purification, sediment filter, gravity purifier, water softener, multi-stage purifiers and others. In 2021, reverse osmosis segment is dominating the market as it removes most of the contaminants in water including dissolved solids and chemicals, it is widely available in market and it also has long RO membrane lifespan.
- On the basis of installation type, Asia-Pacific water purifier market has been segmented into point of use systems and point of entry systems. In 2021, point of use systems segment is dominating the market as it is cost effective installation system and also requires less space for installation. The feasibility of installation provides the customers to install the purifier wherever required which makes it more affordable and less costly.
- On the basis of filter type, Asia-Pacific water purifier market has been segmented into mechanical filters, absorption filters, ion exchange filters, reverse osmosis filters and sequestration filters. In 2021, reverse osmosis filters segment is highly effective water purifying filters which removes dissolved inorganic solids such as magnesium and calcium which makes water healthier for drinking. Also reverse osmosis filters uses running water pressure and no electricity which is cost saving for the customers.
- On the basis of portability, Asia-Pacific water purifier market has been segmented into portable water purifiers and non-portable water purifiers. In 2021, non-portable water purifiers segment is dominating in the market as they run on electricity which provides more sophisticated form of water purification using RO technologies. Such an effective purification system needs electricity to function as the water pressure is required to purify the water.
- On the basis of distribution channel, Asia-Pacific water purifier market has been segmented into offline and online. In 2021, offline segment is dominating the market as the installation of water purifiers is done by the experts which also save the cost for the customers and also they offers free maintenance services up to fixed time period which is not offered by online distribution channel.
- On the basis of application, Asia-Pacific water purifier market has been segmented into residential, corporate/commercial and hotels, restaurants & cafes (HORECA). In 2021, residential segment is dominating the market as the water purifiers are used by residential to purify water for drinking purpose. To remove the chlorine and pesticides from water to make it ideal for domestic use, residents are majorly using water purifiers.
Water Purifier Market Country Level Analysis
Water purifier market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, technology, installation type, filter type, portability, distribution channel and application as referenced above.
The countries covered in Asia-Pacific water purifier market report are China, Japan, Malaysia, Australia & New Zealand, South Korea, India, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
China is dominating the market in Asia-Pacific region due to presence of hard water which is not suitable for drinking and washing and needs to water softeners for making the water suitable. Japan is dominating due to upsurge in incidence of waterborne diseases and increase in concerns toward health and well-being among the population. Malaysia is dominating due to availability of affordable water purifiers and rising scarcity of fresh water.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Water Purifier
Water Purifier market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in Water Purifier and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the Water Purifier market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Water Purifier Market Share Analysis
Water purifier market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Asia-Pacific water purifier market.
The major players covered in the report Unilever, COWAY CO.,LTD., EcoWater Systems LLC, Pentair, 3M, Mitsubishi Chemical Cleansui Corporation (a brand of Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation), TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Kent RO Systems Ltd, Shenzhen Angel Drinking Water Equipment Co., Culligan, Midea Group, A. O. Smith, LG Electronics, Tata Chemicals Ltd., Whirlpool Corporation, Xiaomi, GE Appliances, a Haier company, Brita LP, Panasonic Corporation among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of water purifier market.
- In October 2020, Xiaomi launched a new product Mi Water Purifier H600G, which arrives with a dual outlet design. The new purifier has a starting range of USD 285 and uses a 600G high flux RO membrane, and it only takes 6 seconds to fill a glass of water. The new product increased the product portfolio of the company.
- In April 2019, TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC. announced the launch of a new small-sized reverse osmosis (RO) membrane element. RO membrane elements are used in the purification of various types of water. The new RO membrane improved water recovery and boosted the velocity of the flow of feed water. The new product increased the product portfolio of the company.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for water purifier through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific Water Purifier Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.