Europe Migraine Treatment Market, By Types of Migraine (Episodic, Migraine with Aura, Chronic and Others), Treatment (Acute/Abortive Treatment, Preventive/Prophylactic Treatment, Non-Pharmacological Therapies and Devices), Route of Administration (Oral, Parenteral, Nasal Sprays and Others), Product Type (Prescription and Over the Counter), Type (Branded and Generic), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Homecare, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies and Others), Country (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Hungary, Lithuania, Austria, Ireland, Norway, Poland, Switzerland, Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: Europe Migraine Treatment Market
Migraine treatment market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 12.2% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 2,896.78 million by 2027. Technological advancement for the treatment of migraine and increasing prevalence of migraine are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Migraine treatment comprises features such as increasing R&D investment leading to pipeline products will impact in launching new product by the manufactures into the market which enhance its demand as well as increasing prevalence of migraine has enhanced the demand of migraine treatment. Currently various research studies are taking place which is expected to create a competitive advantage for manufacturers to develop innovative and advanced migraine treatment drugs which expected to provide various other opportunities in the migraine treatment market. However, adverse effects of drugs expected to restraint the market growth in the forecast period.
The migraine treatment market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Migraine Treatment Market Scope and Market Size
Migraine treatment market is segmented on the basis of types of migraine, treatment, route of administration, product type, type, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you to analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of types of migraine, the market is segmented into episodic, chronic, migraine with aura and others. Episodic segment is expected to dominate the market as episodic migraine attacks are most prevalent form of migraine which are characterized by 0 to 14 headaches days per month, as well as higher cases of migraine attacks increased the demand of episodic migraine treatment as compared to other types of migraine.
- On the basis of treatment, the market is segmented into acute/abortive treatment, preventive/prophylactic treatment, non-pharmacological therapies and devices. Acute/abortive treatment is expected to dominate the market as various drugs from different classes are available for the treatment of acute migraine attacks.
- On the basis of route of administration, the market is segmented into oral, parenteral, nasal sprays and others. Oral segment is expected to dominate the market due to the presence of large number of oral medications for migraine treatment as oral route of administration is considered as one of the safest and effective route for drug delivery.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into prescription and over the counter. Prescription segment is expected to dominate the market as prescription drugs hold the highest market share as most of the migraine treatment including ergotamines, beta blockers and others are available on prescription basis as well as very few medications are available over the counter.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into branded and generic. Generic segment is expected to dominate the market as migraine treatment market is a well-established market and majority of the branded drugs lose their validity after a time interval. Another factor responsible for the dominance of generic segment is low cost of generic drugs as compared to that of the branded ones.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, homecare and others. Hospital segment is expected to dominate the market as proper migraine treatments can be achieved at hospital in case of chronic migraine attacks also the number of hospital are more as compared to other health care facilities such as homecare and clinics.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online pharmacies and others. Hospital pharmacies segment is expected to dominate the market as most of the patient’s visits hospital for migraine treatment and feel it convenient to procure prescription drugs available at hospital pharmacies.
Migraine Treatment Market Country Level Analysis
The migraine treatment market is analysed and market size information is provided by type of migraine, treatment, route of administration, product type, type, end user and distribution channel.
The countries covered in migraine treatment market report are the Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Hungary, Lithuania, Austria, Ireland, Norway, Poland, Switzerland, and Rest of Europe.
Germany is dominating the European migraine treatment market because of large number of companies operating in the market along with high focus on innovation and API manufacturing. Moreover, in the recent years, investment from pharmaceutical industries has witnessed significant growth.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as sales, new drug launches, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Technological Advancement for The Treatment of Acute Migraine is Propelling the Market Growth
Migraine treatment market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in migraine treatment industry with migraine treatment sales, impact of advancement in the migraine treatment and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the migraine treatment market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Migraine Treatment Market Share Analysis
Migraine treatment market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to migraine treatment market.
The major players covered in the report are Eli Lilly and Company, AstraZeneca, Amgen Inc., Allergan, Pfizer Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc., Bausch Health Companies Inc., Abbott, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Lundbeck, Novartis AG, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd (A Subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd.), Catalent, Inc, Bayer AG, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch, approval, partnership and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the migraine treatment market.
- In April, 2020 Biohaven Pharmaceuticals and Cove (a leading migraine telemedicine platform) have undergone a collaboration to enhance the accessibility of Nurtec ODT, an orally disintegrating tablet. This collaboration is going to enhance patient’s access to Nurtec ODT which will further lead to increase in product sales.
- In January 2019, Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc., an affiliate of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. received approval for autoinjector device for AJOVY from FDA. This auto injector device helps the professionals to get right dose of Ajovy. This approval helped the company to expand its platform for migraine treatment.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the migraine treatment market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for migraine treatment.
Customization Available: Europe Migraine Treatment Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.