Global Nasal Spray Market,By Product Type (Decongestion Nasal Spray, Steroid Nasal Spray, Salt Water Solution/ Saline Nasal Spray, Others), Container Design (Pressurized Canisters, Pump Bottles), Dosage Form (Unit/Single Dose, Bi Dose, Multi Dose), Prescription Mode (Over the Counter, Prescription Based), Therapeutic Class (Antihistamine, Nasal Steroids, Mast Cell Inhibitor, Anticholinergic), Application (Nasal Congestion, Allergic and Non-Allergic Rhinitis, Central Nervous System Disorders, Vaccination, Others), End User (Home Care Settings, Hospitals, Clinics, Community Health Care), Geography (Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East & Africa)- Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Nasal sprays are the devices that help in delivery of drug through nose in nasal cavity to treat allergic patients. Allergy is a condition in which immune system of the body reacts abnormally to a foreign substance. Nasal spray drug products consist of therapeutically active ingredients (drug substances) in the form of solution or suspension of excipients.
Global nasal spray market is expected to reach a CAGR of 6.3% in the forecast period 2018 to 2025. The new market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Segmentation: Global Nasal Spray Market
Global nasal spray market is segmented into product type, container design, dosage form, prescription mode, application, therapeutic class and end user.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into decongestion nasal spray, steroid nasal spray, salt water solution/ saline nasal spray and others. In 2018, decongestion nasal spray segment in global nasal spray market with a CAGR of 6.2% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- In April 2017, Sandoz Canada in Boucherville, Quebec launched in Mosaspray (Mometasone Furoate Monohydrate) nasal spray. It is a nasal spray for the treatment of the perennial allergic rhinitis for people of 12 years of age or older.
- On the basis of container design, the market is segmented into pressurized canisters and pump bottles. In 2018, pump bottles segment in global nasal spray market with a CAGR of 6.0% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- For instance, Midwest Bottles LLC (USA) offers a wide variety of the nasal spray bottles of different sizes such as 1/2, 1 & 2 oz. sizes. Whereas, 1oz bottles are available in different 6 shades color. Major manufacturer of the pump bottles in the market are Midwest Bottles LLC (USA), Health Care Logistics, Inc. (USA), Medi-Dose Inc. and others.
- On the basis of dosage form, the market is segmented into bi dose and multi dose. In 2018, multi dose segment in global nasal spray market with the highest CAGR of 6.7% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- In May 2017, Aptar Pharma (U.S.), achieved approval from the European Medicines Agency (EMA) of the first integrated electronic nasal lockout device for a multidose nasal spray version of Instanyl which is manufactured by Takeda Pharmaceuticals International AG (Switzerland). The EMA has granted marketing authorization for this multidose nasal spray treatment under the name Instanyl DoseGuard.
- On the basis of therapeutic class, the market is segmented intoantihistamine, nasal steroids, mast cell inhibitor and anticholinergic. In 2018, antihistamine segment in global nasal spray market with a CAGR of 6.1% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- In May 2017, C.G. Papaloisou Ltd (Cyprus), introduced Dymista nasal spray which is used to relief symptoms of allergic rhinitis caused by seasonal changes, only if when monotherapy with glucocorticoid and antihistamine is not sufficient. Dymista product is a combination of azelastine hydrochloride (antihistamine) and fluticasone propionate (glucocorticoid) and is manufactured by Meda AB (Sweden).
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into inasal congestion, allergic and non-allergic rhinitis, central nervous system disorders, vaccination and others. In 2018, nasal congestion segment in global nasal spray market with a CAGR of 6.2% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- In 2016, according to National Health Interview Survey, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) mentioned that the number of adults diagnosed with sinusitis is 26.9 million American adults which are around 11.0%. Sinus infections are caused due to the blockage of the sinuses which allows germs to grow. Sinus infections by the viruses are around 9 out of 10 cases in adults, 5 to 7 out of 10 cases in children whereas, by bacteria the estimated number is 1 out of 10 cases in adults and 3-5 out of 10 cases in children.
- On the basis of Prescription Mode, the market is segmented into (Over the Counter, Prescription Based), Therapeutic Class (Antihistamine, Nasal Steroids, Mast Cell Inhibitor, Anticholinergic)G By prescription mode is prescription based and over the counter. In 2018, prescription based segment in global nasal spray market with the highest CAGR of 6.5% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- In February 2016, Nemera, launched a prescription drug named Advancia in the Europe market. Advancia nasal spray is used in an intranasal corticosteroid suspension to treat allergic rhinitis. Advancia comes in a user friendly pack that has a user-independent device which is ideal for topical and systemic preserved drugs.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, clinics and community and health Care. In 2018, home care settings segment in global nasal spray market with the highest CAGR of 6.8% in 2017 in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- Different over the counter products offered by the manufacturers include hydraSense which is offered by Bayer AG , Salinex Seawater offered by Sandoz Canada in Boucherville and others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Nasal Spray Market
Some of the prominent participants operating in this market are ADAPT Pharma, Inc., Sandoz International GmbH, INNOVUS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC., Cipla Inc., Aurena, J Pharmaceuticals, Bayer AG, St. Renatus, ARIUS FORMULATIONS PVT LTD, Ultratech India Limited, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Egalet Corporation, LEEFORD HEALTHCARE LTD, Aishwarya Group, Mylan N.V., Pfizer Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Catalent, Inc and ALLERGAN among others.
Research Methodology: Global Nasal Spray Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturer, Healthcare Professionals, Doctors, Nurses, Medical practitioners. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers