Europe Protein Hydrolysates Market, By Type (Milk, Meat, Marine, Plant, Eggs and Others), Source (Animals, Plants and Microbes), Form (Liquid and Powder), Process (Enzymatic Hydrolysis and Acid Hydrolysis), Application (Animal Feed, Infant Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition, Sports Nutrition, Dietary Supplements and Others), Country (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Russia, Turkey, Switzerland, Luxembourg and Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029.
Market Analysis and Insights: Europe Protein Hydrolysates Market
Protein hydrolysates market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 4.6% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and expected to reach USD 202,234.83 thousand by 2029.
Protein hydrolysates are produced from purified protein sources by adding proteolytic enzymes, followed by purification procedures. Each protein hydrolysate is a complex mixture of peptides of different chain lengths and free amino acids that can be defined by a global value known as the degree of hydrolysis, which is the fraction of peptide bonds that have been cleaved in the starter protein. Such preparations provide the nutritive equivalent of the original material in its constituent amino acids and are used as nutrient and fluid replenishes in special diets or for patients unable to take ordinary food proteins. It provides numerous health benefits such as it helps the body absorb amino acids rapidly than intact protein, thus maximizing nutrient delivery and having various applications in the food and beverage industry. The application of protein hydrolysates has special application in sports medicine as the amino acids present in protein hydrolysates get readily absorbed by the body than the intact proteins, which increase nutrient delivery in the muscles. It is also used in the biotechnology industry to supplement cell cultures.
The upsurge in demand for infant formula across various regions has propelled the growth of the protein hydrolysates market. The consumption of formulas, which consists of a protein hydrolysate, is considered beneficial than cow's milk formula, as protein hydrolysates can be easily digested by infants, unlike milk-based products, which are largely expected to boost growth in the Europe protein hydrolysates market.
Significant demand in weight management products for infant and sports nutrition and increasing health awareness among consumers, leading to the consumption of functional and nutritional foods, are the drivers for the Europe protein hydrolysates market. However, the availability of alternatives such as isolates is expected to restrain the market’s growth.
Increasing vegan population across the globe can bring opportunities for the Europe protein hydrolysates market to grow in future.
High processing cost of hydrolysed protein is projected to challenge the Europe protein hydrolysates market to grow in the near future.
This Europe protein hydrolysates market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an Analyst Brief; our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Europe Protein Hydrolysates Market Scope and Market Size
Europe protein hydrolysates market is segmented of the categorized into type, source, form, process and application. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target market.
- On the basis of type, the Europe protein hydrolysates market is segmented into milk, meat, marine, plant, eggs and others. In 2022, milk protein hydrolysates is expected to dominate the Europe protein hydrolysates market because it has notable anti-hypertensive, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and hypocholesterolemic effects and it is mostly preferred by vegetarian population.
- On the basis of source, Europe protein hydrolysates market is segmented into animal, plant and microbes. In Europe, animal segment is expected to dominate as owing to the presence of high protein content in animal-based sources as compared to its counterparts.
- On the basis of form, the Europe protein hydrolysates market is segmented into liquid and powder. In Europe, powder protein hydrolysates segment is expected to dominate because it is more readily available for use by the body, making recovery post-workout more efficient.
- On the basis of process, the Europe protein hydrolysates market is segmented into enzymatic hydrolysis and acid hydrolysis. In Europe, enzymatic hydrolysis is expected to dominate because the extent of the treatment can be controlled due to its inherent specificity of various proteases.
- On the basis of application, the Europe protein hydrolysates market is segmented into animal feed, infant nutrition, clinical nutrition, sports nutrition, dietary supplements and others. In Europe, the dietary supplements segment is expected to dominate as they provide complete or partial nutrition to individual who are unable to ingest adequate amount of food in conventional form.
Protein Hydrolysates Market Country Level Analysis
Europe protein hydrolysates market is segmented of the categorized into type, source, form, process and application.
The countries covered in the Europe protein hydrolysates market report are Germany, U.K., Italy, France, Spain, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg and Rest of Europe.
The U.K. has dominated in the European region due to increasing growth of dietary supplements, followed by France as it is second growing country in the region due to the growing usage of fish protein hydrolysate in aqua feed. France is growing due to increasing consumer preferences towards weight management products.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Vegan Population Across the Globe
Europe protein hydrolysates market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for protein hydrolysates market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes in infant formula regulatory scenarios and their impact on the protein hydrolysates market. The data is available for historic period 2019 to 2029.
Competitive Landscape and Protein Hydrolysates Market Share Analysis
Europe protein hydrolysates market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Europe presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to the protein hydrolysates market.
Some of the major players covered in the report is BRF Global, Scanbio Marine Group AS, Novozymes, Copalis, Bioiberica S.A.U., Azelis,Kemin Industries Inc., Bio-marine Ingredients Ireland, Titan Biotech, SUBONEYO Chemicals Pharmaceuticals P Limited other players domestic and global. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In August 2021, BRF Global donated BRL 1.2 million to help structure the ICUs (Intensive Care Units) of the Santa Casa de Misericórdia of the Tatuí Unit to help fight the Covid-19 pandemic. This will enhance the company’s position in the market and social communities.