Europe Proton Therapy Market, By Product Type (Systems, Software, Services), Component (Proton Accelerator, Beam Transport System, Beam Delivery System, Nozzle, Image Viewers, Patient Positioning System (PPS)), Type (Rotating Proton Therapy Systems, Non Rotating Proton Therapy Systems), Set-Up Systems (Multi-Room Systems, Compact/ Single-Room Systems), Application Type (Treatment Applications, Research Applications), End User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Cancer Research Institutes), Country (U.K., Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Russia, Turkey, Belgium and Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
The proton therapy market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 6.3% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 667.14 million by 2028. The rising number of proton therapy centres is anticipated to propel the growth of the proton therapy market.
The proton therapy is the most precise and accurate radiation therapy which utilizes the energy of proton particles for killing the cancerous cells or the desired cell at particular location. The major limitations of photon therapy or other particle therapy are overcome by the proton therapy. The advancement in technology has increased the adoption of proton therapy for the treatment of various cancers across globe.
The presence of cancer causing virus and faulty genes adds on to the burden of cancer among people. Thus, the increased prevalence of cancer acts as driver for the growth of the proton therapy market. The high cost of proton therapy leading to high cost treatment acts as a restraint for the growth of the proton therapy market. The increased awareness is reflected due to the surging research and development in the area leading to increased amount of clinical data coming up showcasing the benefits of proton therapy treatment. Thus, the growing recognition of proton therapy acts as an opportunity for the growth of the proton therapy market. The expensive treatment as compared to other technologies acts as restraint for its growth in the proton therapy market.
The proton therapy market provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the proton therapy market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The proton therapy market is categorized into six notable segments which are based on the product type, component, type, set-up systems, application type and end user. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product type, the proton therapy market is segmented into systems, software and services. In 2021, systems segment is expected to dominate the proton therapy market because of the growing adoption of proton therapy systems due to increased healthcare infrastructure across the globe.
- On the basis of component, the proton therapy market is segmented into proton accelerator, beam transport system, beam delivery system, nozzle, image viewers and patient positioning system (PPS). In 2021, proton accelerator segment is expected to dominate the proton therapy market due to the advancement in technology leading to the development of various new proton accelerators.
- On the basis of type, the proton therapy market is segmented into rotating proton therapy systems and non rotating proton therapy systems. In 2021, rotating proton therapy systems segment is expected to dominate the proton therapy market due to the ability to provide precise treatment from every angle to the patient.
- On the basis of set-up systems , the proton therapy market is segmented into multi-room systems and compact/ single-room systems. In 2021, the multi-room systems segment is going to dominate the proton therapy market as it is more economical option as compared to the compact systems.
- On the basis of application type, the proton therapy market is segmented into treatment applications and research applications. In 2021, treatment applications segment is going to dominate the proton therapy market because of the growing adoption of proton therapy systems due to increased prevalence of cancer across the globe.
- On the basis of end user, the proton therapy market is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers and cancer research institutes. In 2021, hospitals segment is going to dominate the proton therapy market as it is the prime location visited by the patients for diagnosis and treatment of any chronic disease as cancer or emergency case.
Proton Therapy Market Country Level Analysis
The proton therapy market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, product type, component, type, set-up systems, application type and end user as referenced above.
The countries covered in Europe proton therapy market are U.K., Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Russia, Turkey, Belgium and Rest of Europe.
In Europe proton therapy market, the U.K is dominating the market because of the presence of major players like IBA Worldwide in the country.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
New Product Launches by Manufactures is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Proton Therapy Market
Proton therapy market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in aesthetic industry with proton therapy market sales, impact of advancement in the proton therapy market and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the proton therapy market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Proton Therapy Market Share Analysis
The proton therapy market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to proton therapy market.
Some of the major players operating in the Europe proton therapy market are Mevion Medical Systems, Sun Nuclear Corporation, Hitachi, Ltd., Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd., Koninklijke Philips N.V., IBA Worldwide, Elekta AB, Advanced Oncotherapy, GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY, RaySearch Laboratories among others domestic and global players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the proton therapy market.
- In June 2020, GE Healthcare (a subsidiary of GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY) launched its new product named GENtraceTM, a small cyclotron used in the treatment for cancer. This new product launched by the company has strengthened the molecular imaging segment of the company leading to increased sales and demand for the product in the market.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market players is enhancing the company market in the proton therapy market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for proton therapy market.
Customization Available: Europe Proton Therapy Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.