Europe Refractive Surgery Devices market, By Device Type (Ophthalmic Lasers, Phakic Intraocular Lenses (Iol), Aberrometers, Microkeratome, Epikeratomes, Pupillary Diameter Meters, Limbal Relaxing Incision (Lri) Kits, Accessories and Others), Surgery Type (Lasik (Laser In-Situ Keratomileusis), Epilasik, Photorefractive Keratectomy (Prk), Intraocular Lenses (Iols), Astigmatic Keratotomy (Ak), Radial Keratotomy (Rk), Laser Thermal Keratoplasty (Ltk), Automated Lamellar Keratoplasty (Alk), Limbal Relaxing Incisions (Lri), Conductive Keratoplasty (Ck) and Others), Application (Myopia/Near-Sightedness, Hyperopia/Farsightedness, Astigmatism, Dry Eyes and Others), End User(Hospitals, Ophthalmic Clinics, Ambulatory Surgery Centers and Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender and Retail Sales), Country (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Russia, Turkey and rest of Europe) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: Europe Refractive Surgery Devices Market
Refractive surgery devices market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 6.6% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 1,088.11 million by 2027 from USD 649.39 million in 2019. The growing increasing adoption of surgical procedure and increasing prevalence of eye disorders among elderly population is aiding the growth of the market.
Refractive surgery is a surgical procedure for improves the symptoms of refractive diseases such as myopia/near-sightedness, hyperopia/farsightedness, astigmatism, dry eyes, presbyopia or astigmatism. In the refractive surgery, different type of procedure are used including Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK), Intraocular Lenses (IOLs), Lasik (Laser In-Situ Keratomileusis), Epilasik,Astigmatic Keratotomy (AK), Radial Keratotomy (RK), Laser Thermal Keratoplasty (LTK), Automated Lamellar Keratoplasty (ALK), Limbal Relaxing Incisions (LRI), Conductive Keratoplasty (CK) and among others. Refractive surgery is a non-essential eye surgery which helps to advance the refractive state of the eye and also eradicate or decrease dependency on contact lenses as well as glasses.
Refractive surgery devices market has increased with increased number of ophthalmological surgeries as compared to the past few years and increasing prevalence of eye disorders among elderly population and growing advancement in refractive surgery. For instance: In September 2018, Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision, Inc. has launched the iDESIGN Refractive Studio which is a next generation of custom-made LASIK treatment. The new product approved for the surgery of myopia, mixed astigmatism and hyperopia. Rising awareness for the ophthalmological surgical procedures is also increasing market value as the Refractive surgery device have repetitively proven its high rates of effectiveness for treatment myopia/near-sightedness, hyperopia/farsightedness, astigmatism, dry eyes and among others.
Currently various research studies are taking place which is expected to create a competitive advantage for manufactures to develop new and innovative Refractive surgery device and expected to provide various other opportunities in the Refractive surgery device market. However, high cost of Refractive surgery device and procedures and stringent regulation for Refractive surgery device is expected to restraint the market growth as to get approvals is difficult and complex task along with the enforced monetary liability upon RF microneedling devices manufacturers and researchers
The refractive surgery devices market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Europe Refractive Surgery Devices Market Scope and Market Size
Europe refractive surgery devices market is segmented of the based on the basis of device type, surgery type, application, end user and distribution. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of device type, the market is segmented into Ophthalmic Lasers, Phakic Intraocular Lenses (IOL), Aberrometers, Microkeratome, Epikeratomes, Pupillary Diameter Meters, Limbal Relaxing Incision (LRI) Kits, Accessories and Others. In 2020, the ophthalmic lasers segment is expected to lead the market with increasing acceptance and adoption ophthalmic lasers in refractive surgeries for treatment of astigmatism, hyperopia/farsightedness, myopia/near-sightedness and dry eyes by the patients as it is one of the convenient, and fastest procedures.
- On the basis of surgery type, the market is segmented into lasik (Laser In-Situ Keratomileusis), epilasik, photorefractive keratectomy (PRK), intraocular lenses (IOLS), Astigmatic Keratotomy (AK), radial keratotomy (RK), laser thermal keratoplasty (LTK), automated lamellar keratoplasty (ALK), limbal relaxing incisions (LRI), conductive keratoplasty (CK) and others. In 2020, lasik (Laser In-Situ Keratomileusis) segment is expected to lead the market with increasing adoption of lasik in western European countries for increasing competitive advantages of lasik over other surgical procedure with highest uncorrected visual acuity (UCVA) rate.
- On the basis of application, the Europe refractive surgery devices market is segmented into myopia/nearsightedness, hyperopia/farsightedness, astigmatism, dry eyes and others. In 2020, La myopia/nearsightedness segment is expected to lead the market with rapidly mutable environmental factors or rising of eye related health difficulties along with increasing levels of myopia carry significant clinical and financial factors.
- On the basis of end user, the Europe refractive surgery devices market is segmented into hospitals, ophthalmic clinics, ambulatory surgery centers and others. In 2020, hospitals segment is expected to lead the market as the hospitals are primary contact point for patients for treatment of refractive all error treatments.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the Europe refractive surgery devices market is segmented into direct tender and retail sales. In 2020, direct tender segment is expected to lead the market as device used in are capital device which are majorly merchandised via direct tenders and most of the customers are purchasing refractive surgery devices through direct tender for cost benefits as well as direct tender directly supply refractive surgery devices from manufacturer to hospitals, ophthalmic clinics, ambulatory surgery centers and others.
Refractive Surgery Devices Market Country Level Analysis
The Europe refractive surgery devices market is analysed and market size information is provided by device type, surgery type, application, end user and distribution channel.
In the European market, Germany is dominating the Europe refractive surgery devices market due to increasing research and development in the ophthalmic lasers and refractive surgery device market. In France, The rising rates of myopia and hyperopia is enhancing the demand for refractive surgery devices in the market and the demand of refractive surgery devices in U.K. is growing due slight uptick in procedure volume and replacement of older systems.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing collaborations and alliances in refractive surgery devices is creating new opportunities for these organizations in for Europe refractive surgery devices market
Europe refractive surgery devices market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in aesthetic industry with refractive surgery devices sales, impact of advancement in the refractive surgery devices and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the refractive surgery devices market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Refractive Surgery Devices Market Share Analysis
Europe refractive surgery devices market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, presence in the Europe, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to Europe refractive surgery devices market.
The major players covered in the report are Hoya Surgical Optics, SCHWIND EYE-TECH-SOLUTIONS, Rayner Intraocular Lenses Limited, ZIEMER OPHTHALMIC SYSTEMS, NIDEK CO., LTD. LENSAR, Inc., Ivis Technologies, Oculentis, Lenstec, Inc., Staar Surgical, Ophtec, BV, Carl Zeiss AG, BAUSCH + LOMB INCORPORATED, Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision, Inc.(A subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.), Alcon Inc., LENSAR, Inc. (A subsidiary of PDL BioPHARMA) and among others among other players in the Europe DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the Europe refractive surgery devices market.
- In September 2019, Alcon, Inc. announced that they have upgraded their product WaveLight by additions on its WaveLight Refractive Suite to support the performance of LASIK surgery. The Phorcides is an Analytic Engine diagnostic software that helps to analyze for the topographic treatment for an eye. By upgrading their product, the company enhanced the credibility of their product in the market.
- In April 2017, Carl Zeiss Meditec launched the new barrett suite Into IOLMaster. It is a latest and advance generation based Barrett IOL power calculation formulas. The new Barrett Suite consists of the Barrett Universal II, Barrett True-K and Barrett Toric. These formulas are automatically applied on IOLMaster 700 system depending on the IOL selected and the refractive surgery status of the patient.
Clinical study data sets, authorization, collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the Europe refractive surgery devices market also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for refractive surgery devices.
Customization Available: Europe Refractive Surgery Devices Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.