Europe SiC Power Semiconductor Market By Type (MOSFETS, Hybrid Modules, Schottky Barrier Diodes (SBDS), SiC Bare Die, Pin Diode, Junction FET (JFET), Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT) and Others), Voltage Range (Less than 300V, 301-900V, 901-1700V, 1701V and Above), Application (Power Supplies, Electric Vehicles (EV), EV Charging Infrastructure, Industrial Motor Drives, Inverters, RF Devices and Others), Wafer Size (2 Inch, 4 Inch, 6 Inch and Above), Wafer Type (Blank SiC wafers and SiC Epitaxial Wafers), Vertical (Industrial, Commercial, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Utilities & Energy, Aerospace & Defense, Medical, IT And Telecommunications and Others), Country (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland and Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
SiC power semiconductor market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 18.3% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 471.86 million by 2027. Growing need of low-power consuming techniques in electric vehicle industry is driving the market growth.
Increased adoption in the electric vehicles as well as hybrid vehicle is driving the market growth as the new SiC power semiconductor are best solution at lowest price. For instance, In October, 2019, according to the Robert Bosch GmBH the Silicon carbide semiconductors offer the 6 percent increase in the range. To increase their share company introduce new plant in Dresden, Germany.
This SiC Power Semiconductor Market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Europe SiC power semiconductor market is segmented on the basis of type, voltage range, application, wafer size, wafer type and vertical. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, global SiC power semiconductor market is segmented into MOSFETS, hybrid modules, schottky barrier diodes (SBDS), sic bare die, PiN diode, junction FET (JFET), bipolar junction transistor (BJT) and others. The MOSFETS are dominating the market owing to increased demand in electric vehicle components as it consumes less power and offers increased range over the traditional silicon MOSFETs.
- On the basis of voltage range, global SiC power semiconductor market is segmented into less than 300V, 301-900V, 901-1700V, 1701V and above. The 901 – 1700 V range is dominating the market owing to the high acceptability in the market owing to its improved performance. The voltage system plays important role in vehicle performance while the 901 – 1700 V SiC semiconductor offers better performance which helping the segment to dominate in Europe market.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into power supplies, electric vehicles (EV), EV charging infrastructure, industrial motor drives, inverters, RF devices and others. Power Supplies segment is dominating the market as the huge need for the green technology solution from the European countries. In addition increasing population and electricity demand owing to green technology initiative based renewable energy is driving the segment growth.
- On the basis of wafer size, the market is segmented into 2 inch, 4 inch, 6 inch and above. The 6 inch and above size wafer is dominating the market as easily availability and increased acceptability in customers due to better performance than other size. It is getting widely used in the automotive applications while the under 4 inch size wafer are in developing phase which can supplement the market growth in future period.
- On the basis of wafer type, the market is segmented blank SiC wafers and SiC epitaxial wafers. Sic epitaxial wafers holds largest market share in wafer type segment as larger wafer sizes are compatible with SiC epitaxial wafer material with the factors such as high electric current, operating high voltage and temperature. As, 6 inch and above wafer sizes are growing collaterally SiC epitaxial wafers are also expected to grow at higher rate.
- On the basis of vertical, the market is segmented into industrial, commercial, automotive, consumer electronics, utilities & energy, aerospace & defense, medical, IT and telecommunications, others. Industrial vertical dominates the segment with highest market share due to increased adoption to meet low power high performance solution requirement in the industries. The SiC power semiconductors are becoming the prominent solution for the industrial automation as a result its helping the segment to dominate the market.
SiC Power Semiconductor Market Country Level Analysis
SiC power semiconductor market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, type, voltage range, application, wafer size, wafer type and vertical. The countries covered in SiC power semiconductor market report are Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland and Rest of Europe.
Germany is dominating country in Europe region due to high adoption of the SiC power semiconductors in electric vehicles as well as in power electronics.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Europe brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of SiC Power Semiconductor in the Solar Plant Applications
SiC power semiconductor market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in SiC power semiconductor and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the SiC power semiconductor market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and SiC Power Semiconductor Market Share Analysis
SiC power semiconductor market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Europe presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Europe SiC power semiconductor market.
The major players covered in the report are Cree, Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, Microsemi (A Subsidiary of Microchip Technology), Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation, Texas Instruments Incorporated, NXP Semiconductors, Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, STMicroelectronics, Renesas Electronics Corporation, Fuji Electric Co., Ltd., ROHM CO., LTD., GE, Global Power Technologies Group, Littelfuse, Inc., UnitedSiC, SEMIKRON, Hitachi Power Semiconductor Device among other domestic and Europe players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of SiC power semiconductor market.
- In November 2019, Cree, Inc. formed the partnership with ABB Company for accelerating the supply of SiC material. The partnership helped company to provide SiC products for various industrial verticals such as newly growing EV segment in automotive. This new partnership increased the production and sale of SiC products which increased the company revenue generation.
- In November 2019, Infineon Technologies AG introduced new technology through the implementation of integrated board. The CoolSiC MOSFET, Emi filter, 3-phase ac connector, 3-phase output connected with motor now gets integrated with Easy Pack board. The advance technology offers 7.5kW motor output which strengthened product portfolio of the company.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for SiC power semiconductor through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: Europe SiC Power Semiconductor Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.