Europe Silicon Carbide (SiC) Market, By Product (Black and Green), Application (Metallurgy, Abrasives, Refractory, Electrical & Electronics, and Other), End-Use (Automotive, Aerospace, Military & Defense, Heavy Engineering, Consumer Electronics, Healthcare, and Others), Country (UK, France, Russia, Turkey, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
Europe silicon carbide (SiC) market is expected to gain significant growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyzes that the market is growing at a CAGR of 11.0% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 309,250.40 thousand by 2028.
Silicon carbide elements are used in glass and non-ferrous metal melting, metal heat treating, float glass manufacturing, ceramic and electronic component manufacturing, and gas heater ignition flaming lighters. They are also used in refractory linings and heating elements for industrial furnaces in wear-resistant parts for pumps and rocket motors and semiconductor substrates for light-emitting diodes.
Increasing demand for silicon carbide (SiC) in the production of e-vehicles rise in adoption of fast-charging batteries have had a significant impact on the expansion of the market for Silicon carbide (SiC). Rapid increase in the number of R&D initiatives for improving battery chemistry, growing implementation of SiC devices in automotive and power devices, rising demand for efficient lithium-ion batteries in electric vehicles, and other consumer electronic devices are key determinants favoring the growth of the silicon carbide (SiC) market during the forecast period.
However, high cost of manufacturing silicon carbide products, and various challenges associated with the production of Li metal batteries, and inability to produce high quality graphene on a large scale at a low cost are expected to restrain the market growth. Whereas, availability of other substitutes, such as gallium nitride and rapid increase and degradation of silicon anodes are expected to challenge the growth of the Silicon carbide (SiC) market during the forecast period.
Many devices used in healthcare are based on semiconductor manufacturing technology. The devices have found many applications in areas such as clinical diagnosis and therapy, medical imaging, and wearable and home care. Solid-state equipment, such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines, pacemakers, blood pressure monitors, and others, play an important role in keeping patients out of hospitals and monitored in the comfort of their own homes. Highly specialized equipment also require SiC-based semiconductors which increases the efficiency of the devices and helps them to function smoothly.
Europe Silicon Carbide is segmented on the basis of product, application, and end use. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product, the Europe Silicon carbide (SiC) market is segmented into black and green. In 2021, the black segment is expected to dominate the market as black is cost effective product and has more application in the abrasive industry which increases its demand in Europe.
- On the basis of application, the Europe Silicon carbide (SiC) market is segmented into metallurgy, abrasives, refractory, electrical & electronics, and other. In 2021, the abrasives segment is expected to dominate the market as abrasives are mostly used in the automobile sector, which increases its demand in Europe.
- On the basis of end use, the Europe Silicon carbide (SiC) market is segmented into automotive, aerospace, military & defense, heavy engineering, consumer electronics, healthcare, and others. In 2021, automotive sector segment is expected to dominate the market due to increase in the production of e-vehicles in the region.
- On the basis of geography, the Europe silicon carbide market is segmented into Germany, the UK, Italy, France, Spain, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, and Rest of Europe.
Europe silicon carbide is analyzed and market size information is provided by country, product, application, and end user.
The countries covered in the Europe Silicon carbide (SiC) market report are Germany, U.K, Italy, France, Spain, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, and Rest of Europe.
- In Europe, Germany is the largest country in the manufacturing of silicon carbide (SiC) used for various applications, which increases the demand for silicon carbide (SiC) in automotive sector.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rise in demand from t electronics industry for various applications
Silicon carbide with higher silicon content can achieve good results, especially in the grating and refining of steel products. It can successfully expand the deoxidation rate of molten steel and improve the quality of steel in the process of steelmaking.
- In the aspect of casting, the primary silicon carbide has a good implantation effect, which can effectively promote the precipitation of the elements in the raw material for better chemical reaction, and also has a good spherical effect, and can effectively promote the formation of eutectic pellets.
Competitive Landscape and Silicon Carbide Share Analysis
Europe Silicon carbide (SiC) market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, and technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to the Europe Silicon carbide (SiC) market equipment market.
Key players engaged in the Europe Silicon carbide (SiC) market are Infineon Technologies AG, Saint-Gobain, Entegris, CUMI EMD, ESD-SIC Bv, Ferrotec (USA) Corporation, WASHINGTON MILLS, Sublime Technologies, abrasivegrit, and SNAM Abrasives Pvt Ltd among others.
- In October, 2021, Infineon Technologies AG collaborated with PIONIERKRAFT for enabling self-produced solar energy among the different households. This collaboration has in turn helped the company to adapt innovative solutions for energy generation and thus improving its position among the local consumers.
- In October, 2021, Saint-Gobain invested nearly €10 thousand to acquire the largest low-carbon electric furnace in Europe (for ductile iron pipes) in France. This investment was made in order to reduce environmental impact, inherent to industrial production.
Customization Available: Europe Silicon Carbide Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.