Europe Sunflower Seeds Market, By Type (Kernel/Hulled, Inshelled, Semishelled), Product (Roasted and Unroasted), Product Type (Original and Flavored), Category (Organic and Inorganic), Packaging (Pouches, Bottles, Jars), Packaging Size (<10 Oz, 10-50 Oz, >50 Oz), Distribution Channel (Store-Based Retailing, Non-Store Retailing), Country (Germany, U.K., Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Netherlands, Russia, Poland, Denmark, Sweden, Romania, Belgium and Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
The sunflower seeds market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 5.1% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 449.99 thousand by 2027. Growing acceptance of the ready to eat snacks food, increased sunflower seeds production have accelerated the growth of sunflower seeds market.
Sunflower seeds are consumed as healthy snacks as it is the tremendous source of vitamin B1, B6, E, trace metals such as manganese, selenium, and niacin folate. Hence, it is mostly preferred as healthy snacks to consume. The adaptation of the healthy snacks is being fuelled due to the growing health risk associated with the snacks having higher cholesterol and booming product development with the sunflower seeds based healthy snacks.
- The production of sunflower seeds has been raised owing to its applicability in healthy snacks industry. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Eastern Europe produces 50 million tonnes sunflower seeds through giant sunflower variety which accounts 27% of Europe sunflower seeds production in 2018.
The health benefits associated with dietary fibre and protein content providing demand to the sunflower seeds and hence it is well known driver for sunflower seeds market. The obesity associated with saturated fatty acid may hinder the growth of sunflower seeds market. Rising developments in snacks industry includes business expansion such as acquisition, partnership, collaboration, exhibition participation by the giant manufacturers to develop wide range of flavored sunflower seeds which is well known opportunity for sunflower seeds market. The risk factors associated with unroasted form of sunflower seeds hinder the sunflower seeds market growth.
This sunflower seeds market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the sunflower seeds market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The sunflower seeds market is segmented into seven notable segments which are based on type, product, product type, category, packaging, packaging size and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the sunflower seeds market is segmented into kernel/hulled, inshelled and semishelled. In 2020, the inshelled segment in the sunflower seeds market have comprised the highest market share as inshelled sunflower seeds are more popular among consumers especially among European consumers.
- On the basis of product type, the sunflower seeds market is segmented into original and flavored. In 2020, flavored segment in the sunflower seeds market have comprised the highest market share as flavored sunflower seeds are gaining more popularity owing to the variety of flavours such as chili lime, barbeque, sweet spicy, and many others that are being made available by the manufacturers.
- On the basis of product, the sunflower seeds market is segmented into roasted and unroasted. In 2020, roasted segment in the sunflower seeds market have comprised the highest market share as roasted sunflower seeds are characterized by better aroma, taste and crunchy structure and hence are more popular and are consistently being demanded by consumers all over the world.
- On the basis of category, the sunflower seeds market is segmented into organic and inorganic. In 2020, organic segment in the sunflower seeds market have comprised the highest market share as organic products are perceived as healthier food with minimal or no usage of chemical products.
- On the basis of packaging, the sunflower seeds market is segmented into pouches, bottles and jars. In 2020, pouches segment in the sunflower seeds market have comprised the highest market share as pouches are the most popular choices owing to their reasonable prices as compared to jars and bottles and most importantly their shape and size that can be easily carried and put anywhere which makes it the most preferable on the go snack packaging.
- On the basis of packaging size, the sunflower seeds market is segmented into <10 Oz, 10-50 Oz and >50 Oz. In 2020, <10 Oz segment in the sunflower seeds market have comprised the highest market share as busy and hectic lifestyle of consumers have led to the increased demand for snacks that come in small packaging and amount so that it can be conveniently carried and consumed therefore the demand for small <10 Oz pouches is increasing.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the sunflower seeds market is segmented into store-based retailing and non-store retailing. In 2020, non-store retailing segment of the sunflower seeds market have comprised the highest market share as the players are offering variety of sunflower seed snack flavours through online retailing and is gaining the attention of consumers.
Europe Sunflower Seeds Market Country Level Analysis
Europe sunflower seeds market is analysed and market size information is provided country, type, product, product type, category, packaging, packaging size and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in the Europe sunflower seeds market are the Germany, U.K., Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Netherlands, Russia, Poland, Denmark, Sweden, Romania, Belgium and rest of Europe.
Europe is dominating the sunflower seeds market due to the health benefits associated with protein content of sunflower seeds. Germany is dominating in the Europe sunflower seeds market with the highest market share due to growing inclination of consumers towards healthy snacking habits which is projected to drive the growth of sunflower seeds market in coming years.
The country section of the sunflower seeds market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Europe brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Consumer Demand for Various Flavored Sunflower Seeds in Sunflower Seeds Market
Europe sunflower seeds market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in sunflower seeds industry with sunflower seeds sales, components sales, impact of technological development in sunflower seeds and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the sunflower seeds market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Sunflower Seeds Market Share Analysis
Sunflower seeds market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, new sweeteners, product approvals, patents, product taste improvements reports, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to sunflower seeds market.
The major players covered in the Europe sunflower seeds market report are Well Luck Co., Inc., BonOil Seeds (a subsidiary of The GEO Group, Inc.), KENKKO CORPORATION, Martin, CrackersCompany, Buy Whole Foods Online Ltd, Brouwergroep among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the sunflower seeds market.
- In December 2019, BonOil Seeds has received certification of ISO 22 000. This ISO 22 000 certification is provided for food safety management system. It includes all standard procedures that company follows in its supply chain that is from raw material to finished products. This certification has reflected all quality standards followed by the company which further strengthen company’s product quality.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market players is enhancing the company market in the sunflower seeds market which also provides the benefits for organisation to improve their offering for sunflower seeds.
Customization Available: Europe Sunflower Seeds Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.