Europe Touch Sensor Market, By Type (Resistive, Capacitive, Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW), Infrared and Optical), Flexibility (Conventional, Flexible and Others), Channel (Multi Channel and Single Channel), Application (Consumer Electronics, Home Appliances, Medical Devices, Automated Teller Machines (ATM), Biometric Systems, Automotive and Others), Country (Germany, France, Russia, U.K., Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Turkey, Norway and Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: Europe Touch Sensor Market
Touch sensor market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 8.1% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 2,258.11 million by 2028. Technological development in European region is acting as major factor for the growth of the market.
A touch sensor is defined as an electronic sensor which is used for detecting and recording physical touch. They are considered as economical miniature-sized alternatives to the traditional mechanical switches. The sensor generally works when there is a contact or pressure is applied on the surface which allows the current to flow through the circuit. They are of various types including capacitive, resistive, infrared and surface acoustic wave (SAW).
The rising demand of consumer electronics devices due to massive technological advancements is a major factor which is driving the growth of the touch sensor market. As more companies are providing laptops to their employees for working from home instead of all in one PC, thus it is acting as a major factor which is restraining the growth of the touch sensor market. Growing use of touch based devices in industrial sector due to their capability to automate the entire process is acting as a major factor which is creating an opportunity for the growth of the touch sensor market. The absence of global standards for designing touch sensors is a major factor which is posing as a challenge for the growth of the touch sensor market.
This touch sensor market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Europe Touch Sensor Market Scope and Market Size
The touch sensor market is segmented on the basis of type, flexibility, channel and application. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the touch sensor market has been segmented into resistive, capacitive, surface acoustic wave (SAW), infrared and optical. In 2021, resistive segment has been accounted for the largest market share as for industrial purpose and larger displays, resistive touch sensors are more used due to its sustenance.
- On the basis of flexibility, the touch sensor market has been segmented into conventional, flexible and others. In 2021, conventional segment has been accounted for the largest market share in flexibility segment as these are widely used in resistive displays. .
- On the basis of channel, the touch sensor market has been segmented into multi channel and single channel. In 2021, multi channel segment has been accounted for the largest market share in channel segment and is expected to grow at the highest CAGR as single touch is old technology and multi touch allows faster operations.
- On the basis of application, the touch sensor market has been segmented into consumer electronics, home appliances, medical devices, automated teller machines (ATM), biometric systems, automotive and others. In 2021, consumer electronics segment has been accounted for the largest market share in application segment and is expected to grow at the highest CAGR as smartphones are widely used and other evolutions such as all in one PCs and touch TVs are taking its place.
Europe Touch Sensor Market Country Level Analysis
Touch sensor market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, type, flexibility, channel and application as referenced above.
Germany is dominating the European region for touch sensor market due to the rapidly changing smartphone technologies which is widely adopting touch sensors in the region.
The country section of the touch sensor market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Europe Touch Sensor
Touch sensor market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in touch sensor and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the touch sensor market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Europe Touch Sensor Market Share Analysis
Touch sensor market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Europe touch sensor market.
The major players covered in the Europe touch sensor market report are Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (a subsidiary of Infineon Technologies AG), 3M, CAPTRON, Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, Nissha Co., Ltd., Texas Instruments Incorporated, Renesas Electronics Corporation, Microchip Technology Inc., SCHURTER, ROHM CO., LTD., Semtech Corporation, Japan Display Inc., Silicon Laboratories, SAMSUNG, Neonode, Zytronic PLC and Braemac Ltd and DMC CO.,LTD. among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of Europe touch sensor market.
- In January 2020, SCHURTER has announced that the acquired group company AKI ELECTRONIC spol. s r.o. will rename themselves as SCHURTER Electronics spol. s r.o. The acquisition was completed a couple of years back as the company was sold to SCHURTER’s input division systems. It has allowed the company to increase its footprint as well as expand its product portfolio which has attracted more customers on its platform.
- In September 2019, CAPTRON announced the launch of their new high-performance switches. Not only are they uniquely designed but are also freely programmable. The new technology which has been integrated allows them to be used in harsh environments. This has enabled the company to expand its product portfolio which has generated higher earnings for them.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for touch sensor.
Customization Available: Europe Touch Sensor Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.