Global Alpha Olefin Market By Type (Linear Alpha Olefin, Branched Alpha Olefin), Product (1-Butene, 1-Hexene, 1-Octene, 1-Decene, 1-Dodecene, 1-Tetradecene, 1-Hexadecene, 1-Octadecene and Others), Application (Polyolefin Co-monomers, Surfactants and Intermediates, Lubricants, Fine Chemicals, Plasticizers, Oil Field Chemicals), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Alpha Olefin Market
Global alpha olefin market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 7.9% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The rise in the market value can be attributed to the increasing demand for Pao-based synthetic lubricants, growth of end-use industries and discovery of shale gas. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017.
Market Definition: Global Alpha Olefin Market
Alpha olefins are those compounds that consist of olefins or alkenes. They are produced by the oligomerization of ethylene. Alpha olefins offer a wide range of products that includes 1-octadecene, 1-hexadecene, 1-tetradecene, 1-dodecene, 1-butene, 1-hexene, 1-octene and 1-decene. They are used in a wide range of applications that includes synthetic lubricants, detergent alcohols, polyethylene and others.
- Innovation of shale gas acts as a market driver
- Growth of end-use industries will also drive the growth of this market in the forecast period
- Increasing demand for Pao-based synthetic lubricants; this factor will also propel the market growth
- Growing applications of polyethylene in the field of packaging, industrial process and others is another factor boosting this market growth
- Volatility in the prices of raw materials; this factor will hamper the market growth in the forecast period
- Growing demand of alternatives such as tungsten Disulphide will also impede the market growth
- Growth in nanoparticle-based lubrication system is another factor restricting this market growth
Segmentation: Global Alpha Olefin Market
- Linear Alpha Olefin
- Branched Alpha Olefin
- Polyolefin Co-monomers
- Surfactants and Intermediates
- Fine Chemicals
- Oil Field Chemicals
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2019, ExxonMobil Corporation has planned to expand their Vistamaxx production in their Texas facility and will enter into the linear Alpha olefins market. The expansion is expected to end by 2022. With this, the company will be able to meet the growing demand of customers across the globe
- In January 2019, Shell Chemical LP, is planning to start the production of fourth alpha olefins (AO) unit in their Louisiana facility. Alpha olefins are widely used among the customers, as a key ingredient in the manufacturing of hand soaps, motor oils and laundry detergents. With this expansion, the company will be able to grow their business in U.S.
Global alpha olefin market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of alpha olefin market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global alpha olefin market are Shell International B.V., Evonik Industries AG, Dow, Sasol, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Exxon Mobil Corporation, SABIC, TPC Group, Qatar Chemical Company Ltd., INEOS, Idemitsu Kosan Co.,Ltd., Linde, PJSC "Nizhnekamskneftekhim", Merck KGaA, BOC Sciences, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., Parchem fine & specialty chemicals, SPEX CertiPrep, SynQuest Laboratories, Thermo Fisher Scientific, GELEST, INC. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Alpha Olefin Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved