Global Ammonium Chloride Market, By Grade (Fertilizer, Pharma, Battery / Industrial, Food, and Metal Works), Application (Agrochemical, Medical / Pharmaceutical, Food Additives, and Leather & Textiles, Batteries) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2030.
Ammonium Chloride Market Analysis and Size
The rise in the use of ammonium chloride in various applications other than fertilizers is the vital factor escalating the market growth, also rise in the demand from emerging economies and the increase in the research and development activities in the market are the major factors among others driving the ammonium chloride market. Moreover, an increase in technological advancements and modernization in production techniques will further create new opportunities for the ammonium chloride market.
However, the rise in the cost of research and development activities in the market acts as the major factor among others acting as a restraint, and will further challenge the growth of the ammonium chloride market in the forecast period.
Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the global ammonium chloride market which was USD 1,439.77 million in 2022, would rocket up to USD1,895.91 million by 2030, and is expected to undergo a CAGR of 3.5% during the forecast period of 2023 to 2030.
“Agrochemicals” is expected to dominate the application segment of the ammonium chloride market as they are manufactured using a casting process allowing for greater design flexibility and customization. It can be formed into various shapes, sizes, and textures, making it suitable for both commercial and residential applications. In addition to the insights on market scenarios such as market value, growth rate, segmentation, geographical coverage, and major players, the market reports curated by the Data Bridge Market Research also include in-depth expert analysis, geographically represented company-wise production and capacity, network layouts of distributors and partners, detailed and updated price trend analysis and deficit analysis of supply chain and demand.
Ammonium Chloride Market Scope and Segmentation
2023 to 2030
2021 (Customizable to 2015-2020)
Revenue in USD Million, Volumes in Kilo Tons, Pricing in USD
North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), South America (Brazil, Argentina, and Rest of South America), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, U.K., Belgium, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Netherlands, Switzerland, and the rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, and the rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East and Africa (U.A.E, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, South Africa, Israel, and the rest of Middle East and Africa)
Market Players Covered
DuPont (U.S.), LG HAUSYS (South Korea), Hanwha Group (South Korea), LOTTE Chemical CORPORATION (South Korea), Durasein (China), ARISTECH SURFACES LLC (U.S.), Wilsonart LLC (U.S.), Guangzhou Gelandi New Material Co., Ltd (China), Guangdong Fusheng new materials (China), Kingkonree International China Surface Industrial Co., Ltd (China), SYSTEMPOOL (Spain), and Umiya Carbon Private Limited (India).
Ammonium Chloride is a chemical compound with the formula NH4Cl. It is a white crystalline salt that consists of ammonium ions (NH4+) and chloride ions (Cl-). Ammonium Chloride is used in agriculture as a nitrogen source and in cough medicines as an expectorant. It serves as a pH regulator and flavoring agent in the food industry. It is also utilized in chemical, metalwork, electronics, and textile industries for various applications.
Global Ammonium Chloride Market Dynamics
- Growing demand from the agriculture sector: Ammonium chloride is extensively used in the agricultural industry as a nitrogen fertilizer. The increasing population and rising food demand have led to the expansion of agricultural activities, driving the demand for ammonium chloride.
- Rising industrial applications: Ammonium chloride finds widespread applications in various industries such as pharmaceuticals, textiles, and chemicals. In the pharmaceutical sector, it is used as an expectorant in cough medicines. In the textile industry, it is utilized for dyeing and tanning processes. The versatile nature of ammonium chloride makes it an essential component in many industrial processes, contributing to its market growth.
- Increased product usage in animal feed: Ammonium chloride is employed as a feed additive for livestock to provide essential nutrients and enhance animal health. As the demand for animal products like meat and dairy continues to rise, the usage of ammonium chloride in animal feed is expected to increase, bolstering market growth.
- Availability of alternatives: The presence of alternative fertilizers and chemicals in the market can pose a challenge to the ammonium chloride market. Substitutes such as urea and ammonium sulfate offer similar benefits and are widely available. The availability of these alternatives can lead to a shift in consumer preferences, reducing the demand for ammonium chloride.
- Fluctuating raw material prices: The production of ammonium chloride involves the use of raw materials such as ammonia and hydrochloric acid. Fluctuations in the prices of these raw materials can impact the overall production cost of ammonium chloride. Price volatility can make the market less predictable and affect profitability, hampering market growth.
- Expanding industrial applications: Ammonium chloride finds diverse applications in various industries, including pharmaceuticals, food and beverages, textiles, and metal finishing. In the pharmaceutical industry, it is used as an expectorant and a diuretic. In food and beverages, it acts as a food additive and yeast nutrient. The growing industrial sectors and the expanding use of ammonium chloride in these applications present significant opportunities for market growth.
- Technological advancements and product innovations: Ongoing advancements in production technologies and product innovations offer opportunities for market players to improve the quality and efficiency of ammonium chloride. The development of new manufacturing processes, such as membrane electrolysis and solvent extraction, can enhance production yields and reduce costs. Additionally, the formulation of new and improved ammonium chloride-based products with enhanced functionalities and sustainability aspects can open up new market segments and drive growth.
- Trade barriers and tariffs: The imposition of trade barriers, such as tariffs and import restrictions, can significantly impact the global trade of ammonium chloride. These barriers create obstacles to market access, limit export opportunities, and increase the cost of importing ammonium chloride. Trade disputes, protectionist policies, and geopolitical tensions can lead to disruptions in the supply chain and negatively impact the growth of the market.
- Environmental concerns: Ammonium chloride is a chemical compound that can have negative environmental impacts if not managed properly. Its excessive use in agricultural practices can lead to soil and water pollution, posing a threat to ecosystems. Growing environmental awareness and regulations aimed at minimizing chemical pollution can limit the usage of ammonium chloride, thereby impacting market growth.
This ammonium chloride market report provides details of new recent developments, trade regulations, import-export analysis, production analysis, value chain optimization, market share, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, strategic market growth analysis, market size, category market growths, application niches and dominance, product approvals, product launches, geographic expansions, technological innovations in the market. To gain more info on the Ammonium chloride market contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you make an informed market decision to achieve market growth.
- In March 2023, Yara Clean Ammonia and Enbridge Inc. signed a letter of intent to jointly develop and construct a low-carbon blue ammonia production facility in Texas, USA. The facility, with an expected capacity of 1.2-1.4 million tons per annum, will utilize auto-thermal reforming with carbon capture technology. It aims to meet the growing global demand for low-carbon ammonia. The project, if approved, represents an investment of $2.6-$2.9 billion.
Global Ammonium Chloride Market Scope
The ammonium chloride market is segmented on the basis of grade, and application. The growth amongst these segments will help you analyze meagre growth segments in the industries and provide the users with a valuable market overview and market insights to help them make strategic decisions for identifying core market applications.
- Battery / Industrial
- Metal Works
- Medical / Pharmaceutical
- Food Additives
- Leather & Textiles
Ammonium Chloride Market Regional Analysis/Insights
The ammonium chloride market is analysed and market size insights and trends are provided by type and application and are referenced above. The countries covered in the ammonium chloride market report are U.S., Canada, and Mexico in North America, Brazil, Argentina, and the rest of South America in South America, Germany, France, Italy, U.K., Belgium, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Netherlands, Switzerland, and the rest of Europe in Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, and the rest of Asia-Pacific in Asia-Pacific, and U.A.E, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, South Africa, Israel, and the rest of the Middle East and Africa in Middle East and Africa.
North America is expected to dominate the ammonium chloride market owing to the rise in the use of ammonium chloride in various applications other than fertilizers and the rise in the demand for pharma-grade ammonium chloride in this region.
Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market in the ammonium chloride market during the forecast period of 2023 to 2030 owing to rising demand in the pharmaceutical industry and increasing need for better yield of food crops.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points like down-stream and upstream value chain analysis, technical trends, and porter's five forces analysis, case studies are some of the pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of domestic tariffs, and trade routes are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Competitive Landscape and Global Ammonium Chloride Market Share Analysis
The ammonium chloride market competitive landscape provides details by competitors. details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, production capacities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product width, and breadth, application dominance. The above data points provided are only related to the companies' focus related to the ammonium chloride market.
Some of the major players operating in the ammonium chloride market are:
- BASF SE (Germany)
- The Dallas Group of America (U.S.)
- Central Glass Co., Ltd (Japan)
- Tuticorin Alkali Chemicals And Fertilizers Limited (India)
- Tinco Chemicals Private Limited (India)
- Hubei Yihua Chemical Industry Co Ltd (China)
- Jinshan Chemical (China)
- CNSG (China)
- HEBANG (China)
- Tianjin Bohua YongLi Chemical (China)
- Shannxi Xinghua (China)
- Shijiazhuang Shuanglian Chemical (China)
- Liuzhou Chemical (China)
- Hangzhou Longshan Chemical (China)
- Sichuan Guangzhou (China)
- Guangyu Chemical Co Ltd (China)
- Shanxi Yangmei Fengxi Fertilizer Industry (Group) Co., Ltd (China)
- YNCC (South Korea)