Global Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market By Disease Type (Benign Focal Amyotrophy of ALS, Infantile Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Juvenile Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Kugelberg-Welander Disease, Primary Lateral Sclerosis, Progressive Bulbar Palsy, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Upper Motor Neuron Disease, Werdnig-Hoffman Disease, Wohlfart-Disease), Drug Type (Riluzole and Edaravone (Radicava)), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, and Retail & Online Pharmacies), Treatment type (Chemotherapy, Stem cell therapy) End- User (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market
Global amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment market is expected to rise gradually to an estimated value of USD 3.6 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 21.6% in the forecast period of 2019-2026 with the annual sales of USD 0.75 billion in the year of 2018. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing awareness and concerns regarding the health of patients.
Market Definition: Global Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a neurodegenerative disease, also known as motor neuron disease (MND) and Lou Gehrig's disease that affects nerve cells (motor neurons) of brain, brain stem and spinal cord that controls voluntary muscles. This disease is progressive in nature.
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were approximately 14,000 - 15,000 people in US in 2016 having ALS, almost more than half of these cases could have been avoided with the availability of proper medical treatment. This significant number is expected to act as a driver to the market growth.
- Increase in the treatment awareness.
- Rise in incidence cases of ALS and increasing geriatric population is expected to drive the growth of the market.
- Expected launch of novel medicines would drive the growth of ALS treatment market.
- Lack of skilled expertise in remote areas
- Fewer Government initiatives taken in this direction.
Segmentation: Global Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market
By Disease Type
- Benign Focal Amyotrophy of ALS
- Infantile Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Juvenile Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Kugelberg-Welander Disease
- Primary Lateral Sclerosis
- Progressive Bulbar Palsy
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Upper Motor Neuron Disease
- Werdnig-Hoffman Disease
By Drug Type
- Edaravone (Radicava)
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
By Treatment Type
- Stem cell therapy
By End- User
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- By 3rd January 2018, Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc. and Pfizer Inc. has announced a collaboration for the development of zinc finger protein transcription factors (ZFP-TFs), a gene therapy to treat amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD) linked to mutations of the C9ORF72 gene. This will help in development of product portfolio for the particular therapeutic area.
- On 4th December 2017, Takeda announced research collaboration with Montreal Neurological Insititute (MNI), for exploring new treatment alternatives for the treatment of indication ALS. This partnership will help the company for developing innovative product and become market leader.
Global amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment market are Sanofi (France), Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation (Japan), BrainStorm Cell Limited (US), ViroMed Co., Ltd (South Korea), Ionis Pharmaceuticals (US), Genervon Biopharmaceuticals, LLC (US), Biogen (US), ORPHAZYME A/S (Denmark), Orion Pharma (Finland), Kringle Pharma, Inc. (Japan), Aquestive Therapeutics (US), Apotex Inc (Canada), Bausch Health Companies Inc. (Canada), Neuralstem, Inc. (US), Implicit Bioscience (Australia), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Switzerland), TREEWAY (Netherlands), CYTOKINETICS, INC. (US), AB Science (France), Advanz Pharmaceutical® (Canada) and few among others.
Research Methodology: Global Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)