Global Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) Market By Drug Type (Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, TNF Blockers, Immunosuppressive Drugs, Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, Steroids, JAK Inhibitors, Others), Application (Juveniles, Adults), Molecule (Biologics, Biosimilars, Small Molecules), Route of Administration (Parenteral, Oral), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) Market
Global ankylosing spondylitis (AS) market is set to witness a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing cases of ankylosing spondylitis worldwide and increasing healthcare expenditure is the factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) Market
Ankylosing spondylitis or AS is a kind of an arthritis which usually affect the spine of the patient by reducing the flexibility. This usually causes discomfort, pain, stiffness and inflammation. In some cases, spines get fused in fixed position due to new bone formation. Usually drugs such as nonsteroidal anti- inflammatory, TNF blockers, steroids, JAK inhibitors and others are used to treat this disease. This disease mainly creates stiffness in areas such as small joints, ribs, heels, hips and others. According to National Health and Nutritional Examination Survey (NHANES), in the U.S., 0.5 percent of the population or about 1.6 million people are affected by ankylosing spondylitis.
- Increasing cases of ankylosing spondylitis worldwide is the factor for the growth of this market
- Rising research and development expenditure will also propel the growth of the market
- Increasing number of population looking for solution for ankylosing spondylitis will also drive market growth
- Development in healthcare industry will also drive market growth
- Loss of patent exclusivity is the factor restraining the market growth
- Issues associated with the copyright will also act as a factor restraining the market growth
Segmentation: Global Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) Market
By Drug Type
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
- TNF Blockers
- Immunosuppressive Drugs
- Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
- JAK Inhibitors
- Small Molecules
By Route of Administration
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2017, Izana Bioscience announced the launch of their new clinical-stage translational medicine company which will mainly concentrate on the development of namilumab in ankylosing spondylitis. The company also signed an agreement with Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited for the rights of manufacturing and commercialization of the product. The main aim of the launch is to provide better treatment and solutions to the people who are suffering from ankylosing spondylitis
- In April 2016, FDA announced the approval of Inflectra / CT-P13, which is a biosimilar medication specially designed for ankylosing spondylitis and psoriatic arthritis. It is a reference product of an already approved product called Remicade. The main aim of the approval is to provide patient with more effective solution
Global ankylosing spondylitis (AS) market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of ankylosing spondylitis (AS) market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global ankylosing spondylitis (AS) market are Merck & Co., Inc., AbbVie Inc., Reliance Life Sciences., Xian Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd., Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Sandoz International GmbH, Pfizer Inc., Amgen Inc., Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, CELGENE CORPORATION, Trinity Biotech Ireland, Sanofi, Novartis AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Eisai Co., Ltd., Celltrion Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Hetero, Izana Bioscience and others
Research Methodology: Global Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global ankylosing spondylitis (AS) market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)