Global Automotive Catalyst Market By Type (Platinum Catalysts, Palladium Catalysts, Rhodium Catalysts), Vehicle Type (Light-Duty Vehicle, Heavy-Duty Vehicle, Motorcycle, Passenger Car), Engine Type (Gasoline, Diesel), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Automotive Catalyst Market
Global Automotive Catalyst Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 12.60 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 18.98 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.25% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Rising demand for better vehicle efficiency is the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Automotive Catalyst Market
To control the discharge of the hazardous gases in the vehicles, there is automotive catalyst which is used in the exhaust system. They usually stop the emission of gases like nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, carbon oxides and other gases which are harmful for the environment. There main purpose is to transform these harmful gases into the less noxious gases. Rhodium catalyst, palladium catalyst, and platinum catalyst are some of the most common type of the automotive catalyst. Growth in the automotive industry is the major factor fuelling the growth of this market.
- Growth in the automobile industry is driving the growth of this market
- Rising prevalence for nanotechnology in catalytic converter is another important factor driving the growth of this market
- High price of the automotive catalyst is restraining the growth of this market
- Increasing manufacturing of electric vehicle is another factor restraining the market growth
Segmentation: Global Automotive Catalyst Market
- Platinum Catalysts
- Palladium Catalysts
- Rhodium Catalysts
By Vehicle Type
- Light-Duty Vehicle
- Heavy-Duty Vehicle
- Passenger Car
By Engine Type
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2018, Diversified Environmental Catalysts, Inc. announced that they have acquired PaceSetter Exhaust Systems. This acquisition will help the company to broaden their product portfolio by adding products like headers, exhaust systems, etc. The both company want to provide their customers with best services and product so that they can meet the requirement of the people.
- In December 2017, Umicore announced that they have acquired Materia’s metathesis catalyst IP and business portfolio. This acquisition will help the Umicore to expand their catalyst technologies so that they can offer better services to their customers as they will be able to get access to the proprietary, patent-protected cutting-edge technology. It will also help the company to strengthen themselves in the market by providing wide service, product, and IP portfolio.
Competitive Analysis: Global Automotive Catalyst Market
Global automotive catalyst market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of automotive catalyst market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Automotive Catalyst Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in global automotive catalyst market are Umicore, BASF SE, Johnson Matthey, CATALER CORPORATION, Clariant, CDTi Advanced Materials, Inc., Cummins Inc., Heraeus Holding, INTERKAT Catalyst GmbH, Tenneco Inc., IBIDEN, N.E. CHEMCAT, Magneti Marelli S.p.A, BOSAL, CRI Catalyst Company LP, Ecocat India Pvt. Ltd., Eberspächer, Klarius Products Ltd.
Research Methodology: Global Automotive Catalyst Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved