Global Baldness Treatment Market By Types (Androgenic Alopecia, Alopecia Areata, Alopecia Universalis, Alopecia Totalis and Others), Mechanism of Action (Potassium Channel Opener, Specific 5 Alpha-Reductase Inhibitor, Aldosterone Antagonist and Others), Drugs (Finasteride, Minoxidil, Dutasteride, Spironolactone and Others), Diagnosis (Blood Test, Pull Test, Scalp Biopsy and Light Microscopy) Treatment (Medication, Laser Therapy and Hair Transplant), Route of Administration (Oral and Topical), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy and Online Pharmacy), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Baldness Treatment Market
Global baldness treatment market is growing at a substantial CAGR of 6.74% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of hair loss across the world, changing lifestyle such as increased consumption of alcohol and tobacco, rising geriatric population, high level of stress or rising incidences of chronic diseases such as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), cancer and rheumatoid arthritis are some factors driving the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Baldness Treatment Market
Baldness also known as alopecia, is a condition when hairs starts falling excessively from the scalp or elsewhere from the body. The reason for hair loss can be hereditary, hormonal changes, medical conditions or medications. Hereditary hair loss with age is the most common cause of baldness and hair loss is most commonly seen in men than women. Symptoms include sudden loosening of hairs from scalp, circular or patchy bald spots.
According to the Hair loss society, approximately 35 million men and 21 million women are suffering from hair loss worldwide. In men hair loss starts at an early age compared to women. At the age of 35 men losses 40% of their hairs and 70 % hair loss at the age of 80.
- Increasing prevalence of hair loss across the world is driving the market growth
- Changing lifestyle such as increased consumption of alcohol and tobacco is accelerating the market growth
- Growing emphasis on aesthetic appearances is also boosting the growth of this market
- Rising geriatric population around the world is enhancing the market growth
- High level of stress or rising incidences of chronic diseases such as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), cancer and rheumatoid arthritis are fueling the market growth
- High cost of available hair transplantation treatment also hampers the market growth Restrictions on approved therapies is restricting the market growth
- Side effects/allergic reactions are also acting as a major market restraint
Segmentation: Global Baldness Treatment Market
- Androgenic Alopecia
- Alopecia Areata
- Alopecia Universalis
- Alopecia Totalis
By Mechanism of Action
- Potassium Channel Opener
- Specific 5 Alpha-Reductase Inhibitor
- Aldosterone Antagonist
- Blood Test
- Pull Test
- Scalp Biopsy
- Light Microscopy
- Laser Therapy
- Hair Transplant
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market
- In September 2018, Pfizer Inc received Breakthrough Therapy designation from the U.S FDA for PF-06651600, an oral Janus kinase (JAK3) inhibitor. This drug is currently ongoing in phase ll clinical trial for the treatment of alopecia areata, an autoimmune disease that causes hair loss. This designation enables the company for priority review and will help in early approval of the drug
- In January 2018, HCell Inc received the Orphan Drug designation from the U.S FDA for HC017AA, an investigational new drug for the treatment of alopecia areata, an autoimmune disease that causes hair loss. This designation enables the company for 7 years of exclusive U.S. marketing of HC017AA on approval, including tax credits for qualified clinical research costs, and a waiver of the prescription drug user fee act (PDUFA) filing fees
Global baldness treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of baldness treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
The key market players in the global baldness treatment market are Pfizer Inc, DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, Cipla Inc, Merck & Co., Inc, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd, Church & Dwight Co., Inc, Vitabiotics Ltd, DR. WOLFF-GRUPPE GMBH, Nanogen, Alès Groupe, Histogen Inc, Concert Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc, HCell Inc, GlaxoSmithKline plc among others.
Research Methodology: Global Baldness Treatment Market:
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global baldness treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.