Market Analysis: Global Biochips Market
Global biochips market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 28.83 billion by 2026 registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the technological developments and advancement of biochips in the industry.
Market Definition: Global Biochips Market
Biochips, is a miniaturized device which can perform thousands of biochemical reactions and are used in molecular biology. Biochips unique features are bio-microsystems are parallelism, integrated intelligence, low cost, speed, complexity and redundancy. They are used in various application such as research application in biotechnology such as genomics and proteomics, drug screening and development and molecular diagnostics. These are used for detection of cancer & other diseases and to provide personalized medicines in the industry
- Rapid growing application of biochips will drive the market growth
- Technological advancements and new product launches in the market.
- Rising demand of biochips in developing countries is expected to increase the market share.
- Increasing adoption of personalized medicines by households will also propel the growth of this market.
- Strict government regulatory guidelines related to biochips are hampering the growth of the market
- High instrument costs will also restrain the growth of this market,
Segmentation: Global Biochips Market
By Product Type
- DNA Chip
- Protein Chips
- Other Arrays
- Drug discovery and development
- Disease diagnostics
- Other applications
By Fabrication Technology
By End user
- Diagnostic Centers
- Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies
- Academic & Research Institutes
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2019, Qurin Diagnostics B.V. and Lionix International B.V. announced their acquisition of Surfix B.V., this combination will strengthen the company and enable in bringing technology to the global biomedical market. Currently company is working together closely on early cancer detection and have realized a sensitive biochip. This acquisition will benefit Qurin and Lionix in technology advancement, strengthening their position and enabling better service. Such merger and acquisition in the field of biochips will lead to its market expansion in the forecasting future.
- In April 2018, SEKISUI CHEMICAL CO., LTD. announced its acquisition of Veredus Laboratories Pte. Ltd. The aim will be to introduce and expand the diagnostic reagent and analyzer products of the company, also knowledge and experience of Veredus Laboratories will be utilized to construct such a system. This acquisition will benefit Sekisui chemicals in expanding globally, delivering efficient services and expanding its product portfolio.
Global biochips market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of biochips market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global biochips market are: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Abbott, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Cepheid, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., GENERAL ELECTRIC, Illumina, Inc., FluidigmPerkinElmer Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., Arbor Biosciences, Now Elim Biopharm, Inc.., Genalyte, Inc., Hologic, Inc., Agendia , Illumina, Inc..and others
Research Methodology: Global Biochips Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global biochips market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)