Global Biotechnology Reagents Market By Technology (Life Sciences, Analytical), Applications (Protein Synthesis & Purification, Gene Expression, DNA & RNA Analysis, Drug Testing), Geography (North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Biotechnology Reagents Market
Global biotechnology reagents market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 65.82 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 118.53 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 7.63% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the significant investments by private players in biotechnology.
Market Definition: Global Biotechnology Reagents Market
Biotechnology reagents are the substances or compounds used to detect or synthesize another substance in order to provide a test reading. These reagents are used in the field of research, genetics, molecular biology, diagnosis, immunology and bioscience. Biotechnology reagents comprises of technologies such as cell culture, spectrometry, IVD, PCR, chromatography, expression and transfection, flow cytometry, and electrophoresis, and find their application in areas such as immune phenotyping, fluorescent microscopy, DNA analysis and cell cycle analysis.
According to the Innovative Research, in U.S., around 65% of biotech companies are involved in drug developed with an intention to serve them for medical purposes and pharmaceuticals. Growing number of biotechnology firms in various countries is expected to act as a driver for the market growth.
- Increasing interest in stem cell research
- Increasing usage of reagents in commercial and research fields
- Stringent government regulations for the approval of reagents
- High cost of reagents will act as a restraint for the market
Segmentation: Global Biotechnology Reagents Market
- By Technology
- Life Sciences
- By Applications
- Protein Synthesis & Purification
- Gene Expression
- DNA & RNA Analysis
- Drug Testing
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March, 2019, Thermo Fisher acquired Brammer Bio for approximately $1.7 billion in cash. This acquisition is designed to gain buyer’s presence in gene therapy with the viral vector contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO).
- In February 2019, Bio-techne signs a strategic cooperation agreement in the precision medicine field with Lisen Imprinting Diagnostics. This agreement will help both the companies to accelerate the development of molecular diagnostics in the Chinese market.
Global biotechnology reagents market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of biotechnology reagents market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the biotechnology reagents market are Abbott, Agilent Technologies Inc., Danaher, BD, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., General Electric, bioMérieux SA, LONZA, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Hoefer, Inc., Meridian Bioscience, Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., Merck KGaA, Promega Corporation, Quality Biological, Siemens AG, Bio-Techne, TAKARA HOLDINGS INC., Sysmex Corporation, Tosoh Corporation, WATERS, W. R. Grace & Co.-Conn., Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Olympus Corporation and Fitzgerald Industries International among others.
Research Methodology: Global Biotechnology Reagents Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global biotechnology reagents market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)