Global Castleman Disease Drug Market By Disease Type (Localized Castleman Disease and Multicentric Castleman Disease), Therapy Type (Chemotherapy, Radiation Therapy, Immunotherapy), Treatment Type (Medication and Surgery), Drug (DNA Polymerase Inhibitor, Interleukin-6(IL-6) Antagonist, CD20-Directed Cytolytic Antibody and Others), Route of Administration(Oral and Injectable), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Castleman Disease Drug Market
Global Castleman disease drug market is rising gradually with a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Government policies and initiatives to offer a fund to many research institute and pharmaceuticals companies for developing novel therapy and growing cases of AIDS disorders worldwide are the key factors for market growth.
Market Definition: Global Castleman Disease Drug Market
Castleman disease is also known as Castleman tumor which is a rare inflammatory lymphoproliferative disorder causing abnormal overproduction of immune cells and shares many symptomatic and histological features with lymphoma. It usually affects lymphs nodes, thymus, spleen, bone marrow and digestive tract.
According to the stats published in National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc, it is estimated 30, 000 people diagnosed with one of the forms of Castleman disease in the United States each year. The high prevalence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) disorders as Castleman disease occurs in individuals with HIV positive and presence of endotoxin and certain change in environment that weaken the immune system of individuals are the drivers for market growth.
- · High prevalence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) disorders worldwide drives the market growth
- · Government initiatives and support for the development of orphan drugs and allowing exclusive incentives of these drugs acts as a driver
- · Introduction of endotoxin and certain change in environment that weaken the immune system of individuals also drives the market growth
- · High specific treatment required for Castleman disease boosts the market growth
- · The disease specific treatment is less available due to low prevalence of Castleman disease hence restricting the growth of this market
- · Scientific and major technical challenges for production of disease specific novel therapies can hinder the market growth
- · Lack of expertise and inadequate knowledge about carcinoid syndrome in some developing countries can also restrict the market growth
Segmentation: Global Castleman Disease Drug Market
· By Disease Type
o Localized Castleman Disease
o Multicentric Castleman Disease
· By Therapy Type
o Radiation Therapy
· By Treatment Type
o Antivirals drugs
· By Drugs
· DNA Polymerase Inhibitor
· Interleukin-6 (IL-6) Antagonist
· CD20-Directed Cytolytic Antibody
· By Route of Administration
· By End Users
· Specialty Clinics
· By Geography
· North America
· South America
o Rest of South America
o United Kingdom
o Rest of Europe
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia Pacific
· Middle East & Africa
o South Africa
o Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
· In July 2018, EUSA Pharma (a subsidiary of Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc) acquired worldwide rights from Janssen Sciences Ireland UC (a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.) for Sylvant (siltuximab), Interleukin-6 (IL-6) antagonist monoclonal antibody for the treatment of multicentric Castleman’s disease. Under the deal term, EUSA Pharma paid USD 115.00 million in cash to Janssen Sciences Ireland UC. The acquisition of Sylvant expands the company’s oncology portfolio and provides major opportunity to continue its rapid growth
· In April 2014, Janssen Global Services, LLC (a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.) received the FDA approval for Sylvant (siltuximab), Interleukin-6 (IL-6) antagonist monoclonal antibody for the treatment of multicentric Castleman’s disease. This approval has given long-awaited treatment option for patients suffering from multicentric Castleman’s disease with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) negative
Global Castleman disease drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Global Castleman Disease Drug market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global Castleman disease drug market are Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Cylene Pharma, Pfizer Inc, Merck & Co., Inc, Novartis AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Incyte Corporation, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc and others
Research Methodology: Global Castleman Disease Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- · Current and future of global Castleman disease drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- · The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- · Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- · The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players