Global Checkpoint Kinase Inhibitor Market By Types (CHK1, CHK2), Target Area (ATP Binding Pocket, G1/S or G2/M Transitions, B-cell Lymphoma 2, DNA Damage Response (DDR) Network and Others), Indication (Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Gastric Cancer and Others), End Users (Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis: Global Checkpoint Kinase Inhibitor Market
Global checkpoint kinase inhibitor market is rising gradually with a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2020-2027. Rising investment in healthcare sector for technological advancements are expected to drive the growth of market.
Market Definition: Global Checkpoint Kinase Inhibitor Market
Checkpoint kinase is a protein kinase which is responsible for DNA damage response (DDR) and cell cycle checkpoint response. It is also referred as CHK1. The main function of this protein is to initiate the cell cycle checkpoint, DNA repair and cell death. The abnormal release and activity of this protein helps in proliferation of cancerous cells. CHK1 inhibitors stop the cell cycle checkpoints by inhibition of this protein and effects against the cancer cells.
According to WHO, an estimated of 9.6 million deaths are caused by cancer in 2018 worldwide and approximately 1 to 6 deaths are caused by cancer worldwide. Tyrosine kinase inhibitors are potential agents used for treatment of many types of cancers such as breast cancer, lung cancer and others.
- Rising awareness about checkpoint kinase inhibitors and there application in treatment of many cancers is expected to increase the market size
- Rising incidence of cancer drives the growth of the market
- Increasing research and development of novels drugs contributes in growth of market
- Rising strategic collaborations of many pharmaceutical companies and the recent approval of novel drugs give rise to the market growth
- High cost therapy restrains the market growth
- Stringent regulatory requirements for approval of drugs challenges the market growth
- Side effects associated with the therapies hampers the market growth
Segmentation: Global Checkpoint Kinase Inhibitor Market
By Target Area
- ATP Binding Pocket
- G1/S or G2/M Transitions
- B-cell Lymphoma 2
- DNA Damage Response (DDR) Network
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Gastric Cancer
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2017, Genentech, Inc a subsidiary of F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd is developing GDC-0425, Checkpoint kinase 1 inhibitors for the treatment of solid tumor. If trial successful, it could change the treatment paradigms for underserved patient population.
- In September 2016, Sierra Oncology, Inc (previously known as ProNAi Therapeutics, Inc) In-licensed exclusive worldwide rights from the CRT Pioneer Fund LP to develop and commercialize PNT737 (formerly CCT245737), a selective, orally checkpoint kinase 1 (Chk1) inhibitor for the treatment of cancer. This license agreement could expand their market share and emphasizing their superiority in the therapeutic area of oncology.
Global checkpoint kinase inhibitor market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of checkpoint kinase inhibitor market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global checkpoint kinase inhibitor market are Eli Lilly and Company, Pfizer Inc, AstraZeneca, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Sierra Oncology, Inc, Vernalis Limited and others
Research Methodology: Global Checkpoint Kinase Inhibitor Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global checkpoint kinase inhibitor market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players