Global Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Market By Type (Immune Enhancer & Antivirals, Sleep Enhancing, CNS Stimulants, Others), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Research Institutes), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Market
Global chronic fatigue syndrome market is expected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the various authorities of the world providing valuable guidelines and therapeutic standards.
Market Definition: Global Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Market
Chronic fatigue syndrome, also known as myalgic encephalomyelitis is a chronic disorder associated with long term fatigue and tiredness in patients. These symptoms cannot be defined by any particular condition and even with continued rest the condition of the patient is not improved. This disorder is not very well known and no solidified information is available for its cause.
- Continued research and government support regarding the development and awareness regarding the chronic fatigue syndrome is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Various different market players and pharmaceutical companies are focusing on the development of diagnostics tests and treatment for the disorder; this factor is expected to boost the growth of the market
- Lack of awareness regarding the disease is expected to restrict the growth of the market
- Absence of information regarding the treatments and drug combination available for the treatment of symptoms of the disease is also expected to restrict the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Market
- Immune Enhancer & Antivirals
- Sleep Enhancing
- Central Nervous System (CNS) Stimulants
- Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate
By End User
- Research Institutes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2019, Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. announced that they had received positive results for their study involving blood-based real-time diagnostic test conducted by Stanford University for the identification of moderate to severe ME/CFS (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). The disease currently has no standardized diagnostic tests available commercially to help the physicians conclude for a definitive diagnosis. This will help in better understanding of the disorder while also improving the therapeutic development process
- In September 2017, NIH (The National Institutes of Health) announced that they had established a new research study for the research on myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS). This study will include awarding of four grants with a total cost amounting upto USD 7 million. This will also include support from various other institutes and centers working towards effective resolution of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS)
Global chronic fatigue syndrome market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of chronic fatigue syndrome market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global chronic fatigue syndrome market are Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc.; Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.; Fortis Healthcare; London School of Hygiene L& Tropical Medicine - CureME; Dr Batra's; F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd; K-PAX Pharmaceuticals among others.
Research Methodology: Global Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global chronic fatigue syndrome market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)