Global Collagen Market By Product Type (Gelatin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Native Collagen, Collagen Peptide, Others), Type (Type I, Type II, Type III, Type IV), Form (Powder, Liquid), Source (Bovine, Poultry, Porcine, Marine, Others), Product Category (GMO, Non-GMO), Function (Texture, Stabilizer, Emulsifier, Finding, Others), Application (Food Products, Beverages, Nutraceuticals and Dietary Supplements, Cosmetics and Personal Care, Animal Feed, Laboratory Tests, Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, U.K., France, Turkey, Russia, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Rest of Europe, Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America, South Africa, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Oman, Qatar, Kuwait and Rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: Global Collagen Market
Collagen market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 6.8% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 7,608,637.61 thousand by 2027. Increasing demand of beverages among consumers is a driving factor for the market growth.
Easy availability of raw material of collagen such as farm animals among others will increase the production of collagen products that drives the market. Regulations over the imports of raw material for the production of gelatin and collagen products in European Union may hamper the market growth.
This collagen market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Global Collagen Market Scope and Market Size
Collagen market is segmented on basis of product type, type, form, source, product category, function and application. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into gelatin, hydrolyzed collagen, native collagen, collagen peptide and others. In 2020, gelatin segment is dominating globally because of the large amount of moisturizing property which increases usage in cosmetic products.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into type I, type II, type III and type IV. In 2020, type I segment is dominating globally because it helps in maintaining the teeth health.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into powder and liquid. In 2020, powder segment is dominating the market as the demand of powder has been growing very rapidly as powdered collagen helps in maintaining the food taste.
- On the basis of source, the market is segmented into bovine, poultry, porcine, marine and others. The bovine segment is further segmented into cattle, buffaloes, yak and others. In 2020, bovine segment is dominating globally as wound coverings materials are mainly manufactured by this material.
- On the basis of product category, the market is segmented into GMO and non-GMO. In 2020, non-GMO segment is dominating the market as the demand of non-GMO in collagen has increased because of the growing requirement of the organic products among the individuals.
- On the basis of function, the market is segmented into texture, stabilizer, emulsifier, finding and others. In 2020, stabilizer segment is dominating the market because of increasing demand of the dietary products among consumers.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into food products, beverages, nutraceuticals and dietary supplements, cosmetics and personal care, animal feed, laboratory tests and others. In 2020, food products segment is dominating because of the growing demand of consumption of proteinous food such as fish products among the individuals.
Collagen Market Country Level Analysis
Collagen market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, product type, type, form, source, product category, function and application as referenced above.
The countries covered in collagen market report are U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, U.K., France, Turkey, Russia, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Rest of Europe, Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America, South Africa, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Oman, Qatar, Kuwait and Rest of Middle East and Africa.
Asia-Pacific dominates the collagen market as in China, the consumers are more aware towards their health which demands nutrient supplements increases which are majorly manufactured from the collagen. Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow with the highest growth rate in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 because of increasing business expansion and awareness among the customers. In North America, the U.S. is dominating as the medical sector is growing very rapidly in the region. Also, with the increasing consumption of collagen in animal feed in order to increase the protein level in animals which boosts the demand for collagen is growing. While Germany is dominating in the European market due to the growing usage of the cosmetics and personal care products in the region.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Consumption of Collagen in the Laboratories for New Experiments
Collagen market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in collagen and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the collagen market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Collagen Market Share Analysis
Collagen market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to collagen market.
The major players covered in the report are DSM, Holista Colltech, Rousselot , Tessenderlo Group, et-chem, EWALD-GELATINE GMBH, Advanced BioMatrix, Inc., Nippi Collagen NA Inc., ConnOils LLC, GELITA AG, GELNEX, JUNCÀ GELATINES SL, KENNEY & ROSS LIMITED MARINE GELATIN, LAPI GELATINE S.p.a., ITALGELATINE S.p.A., Jellagen, Collagen Solutions Plc, COBIOSA and Ashland among other domestic and global players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of collagen market.
- In February 2020, Rousselot had announced revamp of the Peptan.com product as a multilingual website in 8 languages. The expansion helps in generating the revenue and increases the customer base of the business.
- In July 2019, GELITA AG developed the first vegan gelling agent sheet form. The sheet based gelatin helps in providing flexibility to the finished goods. The expansion helps in increasing goodwill and generates revenue of the company in the market.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for collagen through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: Global Collagen Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.