Global Cryptocurrency Mining Market, By Mining Enterprise (Large Miners and Small Miners), Revenue Source (Transaction Fees and Block Rewards), Mining Type (Self-Mining, Cloud Mining Services, Remote Hosting Services), Hardware (ASIC, GPU, CPU, and Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Russia, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Rest of Europe, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, Egypt, Israel, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029
Market Analysis and Insights : Global Cryptocurrency Mining Market
The cryptocurrency market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 7.8% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and expected to reach USD 2,263.42 million by 2029.
Cryptocurrency mining is a mechanism by which Bitcoin and several other cryptocurrencies generate new coins and validate new transactions. It entails the use of huge, decentralized networks of computers worldwide to verify and safeguard blockchains, which are virtual ledgers that record bitcoin transactions. Computers in the network are rewarded with new coins in exchange for contributing their processing power. It is a virtuous circle where miners secure and maintain the blockchain. In return, the blockchain rewards coins, and the coins provide an incentive for the miners to maintain the blockchain.
Cryptocurrency mining is the process of creating new bitcoin by solving puzzles. Miners have become very sophisticated over the past several years, using complex machinery to speed up mining operations. Because of this, the companies are coming up with advanced mining machines for their customers. In addition, some companies are collaborating with other companies to provide different services to the customers. Thus as the demand for a mining pool is increasing in the market, the demand for advanced mining machines is also increasing. However, the high transaction fees related to it may hamper the growth of the market.
The cryptocurrency mining market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the Cryptocurrency mining market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Cryptocurrency Mining Market Scope and Market Size
The cryptocurrency mining market is segmented into four notable segments which are based on the mining enterprise, revenue source, mining type and hardware. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- Based on the mining enterprise, the cryptocurrency mining market is segmented into large miners and small miners. In 2022, the large miners’ segment is expected to dominate the global cryptocurrency mining market, as it is good for cryptocurrency because they have inspired further innovation. In addition, it reduces centralization and market cornering.
- Based on revenue source, the cryptocurrency mining market is segmented into transaction fees and block rewards. In 2022, the block rewards segment is anticipated to dominate the global cryptocurrency mining market, as it is a reward given to the miner to compensate them for their efforts in mining the block.
- Based on mining type, the cryptocurrency mining market is segmented into self-mining, cloud mining services, and remote hosting services. In 2022, the remote hosting services segment is anticipated to dominate the market as several miners combine their effort and resources over a network and mine cryptocurrency with much more computational power.
- Based on hardware, the cryptocurrency mining market is segmented into ASIC, GPU, CPU, and others. In 2022, ASIC is anticipated to dominate the market, as it is the most energy-efficient of all other miners. In addition, it provides high hash rates and enhances the earning prospects of investors, which is expected to raise its demand in the market.
Cryptocurrency Mining Market Country Level Analysis
The cryptocurrency mining market is analyzed and market size information is provided by the country, mining enterprise, revenue source, mining type and hardware as referenced above.
The countries covered in the cryptocurrency mining market report are the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Russia, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Rest of Europe, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, Egypt, Israel, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa.
The large miners segment is expected to grow with the highest growth rate in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 owing to increased product availability. The U.S. dominates the North American region due to the increased adoption from payment applications like PayPal will give far more people easy access to cryptocurrency. The adoption of cryptocurrency in major applications is anticipated to fuel the market growth during the forecast period. China dominates the Asia-Pacific region due to presence of major key players such as Canaan Inc. and Shenzhen Microbt Electronics Technology Co. Ltd. Germany dominates the European region due to the use of cryptocurrency in Germany is increasing rapidly with Bitcoin and Ethereum being widely used in e-commerce to purchase goods. Cryptocurrencies in Germany are regularly transferred and traded and companies have invested their capital in the new digital currency.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing penetration of internet and smartphones has risen the demand for cryptocurrency in the market
The cryptocurrency mining market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in a particular market. Additionally, it provides the detail information regarding the market players’ strategy and their geographical presence. The data is available for historic period 2012-2020.
Competitive Landscape and Cryptocurrency Mining Market Share Analysis
Cryptocurrency mining market competitive landscape provides details by a competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to the cryptocurrency mining market.
Some of the major players operating in the global cryptocurrency mining market are Canaan Inc., Argo Blockchain, HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd., Bit Digital, Inc., Riot Blockchain, Inc., ViaBTC, Braiins Systems s.r.o., F2Pool, Genesis Mining Ltd., BITMAIN Technologies Holding Company, Hut 8 Mining Corp., Miningstore.com, MININGSKY (a subsidiary of Skychain Technologies Inc.), iMining Technologies Inc., MinerGate, ASICminer Company, INNOSILICON Technology Ltd., Shenzhen MicroBT Electronics Technology Co., Ltd, GMO Internet, Core Scientific, among others.
Many contracts and agreements are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the cryptocurrency mining market.
- In January 2022, Hut 8 Mining Corp. announced that they had acquired the cloud and co-location data center business of TeraGo Inc. The acquisition comprises five data centers in Canada, including a complete selection of scalable cloud services. Thus this will help the company to expand its business and customer base in the market
- In August 2021, iMining Technologies Inc. announced that they had acquired the three validators securing the Ethereum Proof-of-Stake blockchain. These three Eth2.0 validators are cloud-based and are operational. Thus, the acquisition will help the company to save fees and weeks of staking rewards, helping in companies growth