Global Digital Video Content Market By Video Type (VOD, Online Video Content), Deployment Model (Pay TV, OTT), Business Model (Advertising, Subscription, DTO, Others), Device Type (Laptops, Personal Computers, Mobiles, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Digital Video Content Market
Global digital video content market is expected to register a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the availability of wide-scale streaming service providers globally.
Market Definition: Global Digital Video Content Market
Digital video content is the availability of entertainment content in the forms of videos through different viewing models, such as laptops, computers, mobiles, tablets and various others devices. The content available through these services is of wide variety consisting of music, TV shows, movies, advertisements, guides, educational content and various others.
- Increased demand for online viewing content globally is one of the major factors driving the growth of the market
- Wide-scale reach of these services ensuring better information and awareness is also expected to propel the growth of the market
- Greater adoption of video content from the millennial population can also act as a market driver
- Concerns related to content being downloaded and pirated is expected to hinder the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Digital Video Content Market
By Video Type
- Video On Demand (VOD)
- Online Video Content
By Deployment Model
- Pay TV
- Over-The-Top (OTT)
By Business Model
- Download To Own (DTO)
By Device Type
- Personal Computers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2019, Vudu announced their plans to exhibit original content on their streaming service, including a thriller show and kids show. The streaming service is slowly gaining popularity amongst the individuals, which has resulted in the company taking steps to ensure that they provide original content in larger quantities. The content will be supported by ads and will be free-to-stream
- In April 2019, Disney announced that they will launch their streaming service “Disney+” by November 2019, which will be available monthly for USD 6.99 or at an annual subscription of USD 69.99. The streaming service will be available through smart TVs, browsers, tablets, mobile devices and gaming consoles. Users will have individual profiles on the platform and can introduce child locks on their profiles. The content will be available for downloading and users will be able to view the content in 4K HDR wherever the equipment is available
Global digital video content market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of digital video content market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global digital video content market are Amazon.com, Inc.; AT&T Intellectual Property; Disney; Twitter; HULU; COMCAST; Apple Inc.; BT; Cox Communications, Inc.; Talk Talk TV Entertainment Limited; Facebook; Deutsche Telekom AG; Verizon Media Group; VUDU, Inc.; Akamai Technologies; Snagfilms Inc.; Indieflix,Inc; TiVo Platform Technologies, LLC; Crackle,Inc; Brightcove Inc., Telstra among others.
Research Methodology: Global Digital Video Content Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved