Global DNA and Gene Chip (Microarrays) Market By Types (Oligonucleotide Based Chips, cDNA Chips), Applications (Gene Expression, Genomics, Cancer Diagnosis & Treatment, Environmental Control, Agricultural Biology, Microbial Genotyping, Toxic Genomics, Drug Discovery), Product (Consumables, Instrumentation), End-User (Academic & Research Institutes, Biotechnological & Pharmaceutical Companies, Research Laboratories), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026 ;
Market Analysis: Global DNA and Gene Chip (Microarrays) Market
Global DNA and gene chip (microarrays) market is expected to rise gradually, registering a healthy CAGR of 12.9% in the forecast period of 2019-2026.The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017.The rise in the market is attributed to the increasing research activities, need for initial cancer detection & cancer diagnosis, advancements in the technology for microarrays.
Market Definition: Global DNA and Gene Chip (Microarrays) Market
Microarray technology is used to examine the gene expression by information in a genome. A microarray contains several small DNA probes which are arranged in a simple manner. Microarrays help in diagnosis of disease, gene discovery, toxicological research and medicine development.
According to the study published in science translational medicine, researchers disclosed that their system precisely detected tumor cells in people with cancer, with a better sensitivity than current technology. The research team was also able to kill a high percentage of the cancer-spreading cells in real time.
- Large scale of DNA or gene chip initiatives is acting as a driver for the growth of the market
- Need for initial cancer detection & cancer diagnosis is a catalyst for the market growth
- DNA/gene chips modification is accelerating the market in the forecast period
- Government funding will boost the market growth
- Alternate technologies is hampering the market growth
- Dearth of technical & skilled employees is hindering the growth of the market
- Low complexity of microarrays as compared to other sequencing technologies in terms of data interpretation and sample preparation will also limit the market growth
Segmentation: Global DNA and Gene Chip (Microarrays) Market
- Oligonucleotide Based Chips
- Photolithographic (Light Generated) Oligonucleotide Chips
- Inkjet Print Technology Generated Oligonucleotide Chips
- cDNA Chips
- Mechanical Microspotting Generated cDNA Chips
- Inkjet Print Technology Generated cDNA Chips
- Gene Expression
- Cancer Diagnosis & Treatment
- Environmental Control
- Agricultural Biology
- Microbial Genotyping
- Toxic Genomics
- Drug Discovery
By End Users
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Biotechnological & Pharmaceutical Companies
- Research Laboratories
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In 2019, Akonni Biosystems announced that they have submitted a molecular diagnostic system to the Food and Drug Administration. With this system multiplex testing using microarray technologies can be performed. This diagnostic system would help the patients in early diagnosis of disease related to the genetic disorder
- In 2017, Menarini announced acquisition with Janssen Diagnostics for the cellsearch platform. FDA cleared the cellsearch circulating tumor cell test, the first validated blood test analytically for colorectal cancers, prostate and the metastatic breast. This approval would help the patients in early diagnosis of prostate, colorectal cancers and metastatic breast
Global DNA and gene chip (microarrays) market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of DNA and gene chip (microarrays) market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Some of the major players operating in global DNA and gene chip (microarrays) market are Agilent Technologies, Inc., Oxford Gene Technology, PerkinElmer Inc, Eurofins Discovery, Ngk Insulators, Ltd, Sequenom, Microarrays Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, NextGen Life Sciences Private Limited, bioMérieux SA, Greiner Bio One International GmbH, LC Sciences, LLC., Toshiba Corporation., Luminex Corporation, Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Gyros Protein Technologies Ab, CapitalBio Technology Inc., Surmodics, Inc., Sigma-Aldrich Co., Macrogen, Inc., Bioneer Corporation and Biometrix Technology Inc. among others.
Research Methodology- Global DNA and Gene Chip (Microarrays) Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global DNA and gene chip (microarrays) market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)