Global E-Bike Market By Class (Class-I, Class-II, Class-III), Battery Type (Lithium-Ion, Lithium-Ion Polymer, Lead Acids, Nickel-Metal Hydride, Sealed Lead Acid, Others), Motor Type (Hub Motor, Mid Drive, All In One Wheel Kit, Others), Product Type (Pedal Assist, Throttle on Demand),), End Use (City/Urban, Trekking, Cargo, Racing), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global E-Bike Market
Global e-bike is expected to rise to an estimated value of 42.03 billion by 2026 witnessing a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The rise in the market value can be attributed to the rising fuel prices, rising urbanisation, growing traffic congestion, and government regulations.
Market Definition: Global E-Bike Market
E-bike or electric bikes are those bicycles, bikes or scooters that are fitted with an electric motor that provides propulsion for gaining momentum. They are not run by diesel, petrol or CNG, but are run by chargeable batteries, which have varied watts depending upon their configuration. E-bikes provide motor assistance to bikers while pedalling, thereby are easier to ride. They do not emit any harmful gases, nor do they use extinct diesel, and petrol to run, therefore they are largely promoted by government to protect the environment and ensure sustainable development.
- Rising petrol and fuel costs drives the growth of electronic motors
- Rising initiatives taken by the government to promote environmental friendly bikes with no carbon emission accelerates the growth of this market
- Rapid pace of urbanisation and growth in the automobile sector drives the growth
- Growing traffic congestion raises the demand for pedal assistant bikes, which are easy and simple to drive
- Changing lifestyles of consumers towards the use of e-bikes for fitness and adventurous activities raises the demand for e-bikes
- Growing awareness amongst consumers towards eco-friendly and efficient products
- Growing health conscious consumers and adoption of health lifestyles by people also accelerates the growth of e-bikes
- Demand for e-bikes by tourists as a self-driving vehicle
- High cost of electric bikes restrains its growth
- Absence of proper infrastructure for e-bikes in developing countries
- The aftermarket for the spare parts of e-bikes is still not developed which restrains the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global E-Bike Market
- Class I
- Class II
- Class III
By Battery Type
- Lithium Ion
- Lithium-Ion Polymer
- Lead Acids
- Nickel-Metal Hydride
- Sealed Lead Acid
By Motor Type/ Conversion Kit
- Hub Motor
- Mid Drive Electric
- All In One Wheel Kit
By Product Type
- Pedal Assist Mode
- Small E-Bikes
- Throttle Mode/ Power on Demand
- Speed E-Bikes
By End Use
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2018, Uber acquired the business of e-bikes start-up, Jump. With this acquisition by Uber, the leading ride hailing company, Uber aims to provide not only car cabs but also e-motor travels to its users, to ensure convenience, ease of infrastructure, affordability and relief from traffic congestions. With this acquisition, Uber would increase the supply and production of e-bikes, and would expand e-bike services across the globe.
- In November 2018, Ford acquired the dockless e-scooter start up, Spin. With this acquisition, Ford plans to expand its product line in the electronic motors market, and not only be the key leader in cars, but also move on to motorcycles and bikes. Ford would distribute and expand the electronic motors to distinct parts of the world, including the large metropolitan cities and mid-sized cities. With this acquisition, the demand for e-motors would rise exponentially in the forecasted period.
Competitive Analysis: Global E-Bike Market
Global e-bike market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of e-bike market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global E-Bike Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the e-bike market are Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA., Giant Bicycles, Accell Group, AIMA TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD, Pedego Electric Bikes, MERIDA BIKES., Trek Bicycle Corporation, Specialized Bicycle Components., Robert Bosch GmbH, SAMSUNG SDI CO.,LTD., Continental AG, Panasonic Corporation, Johnson Matthey Battery Systems, SHIMANO INC., Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. KG, Fuji-ta Bicycle Co.,Ltd., Derby Cycle, Jiangsu Xinri E-Vehicle Co.,Ltd, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., Amego Electric Vehicles Inc., and Prodeco Technologies, LLC amongst others.
Research Methodology: Global E-Bike Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved