Global Edge Computing Market, By Component (Hardware, Gateways, Micro Data Centers, Platform, Solution, Services), Technology (Mobile Edge Computing, Fog Computing), Application (Smart Cities, Location Services, Analytics, Environmental Monitoring, Optimized Local Content, Data Caching, Augmented Reality, Others), Organization Size (Small & Medium-Sized Enterprises, Large Enterprises), Vertical (Manufacturing, Healthcare, Transportation, Government & Public, Media & Entertainment, Energy & Utilities, Telecom & IT, Retail, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Edge Computing Market
Global Edge Computing Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 2.11 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 21.69 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 33.75% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growing adoption of IoT and overload on cloud infrastructure.
Market Definition: Global Edge Computing Market
Edge computing can be described as a modern technology that is based on a distributed computing system which simply means that a number of different users can access the data from a number of different devices that are connected with each other. The concept behind edge computing is that the users have access to the various resources and data at their disposal wirelessly.
- Widespread usage and adoption of IoT leading to overload on cloud foundation is expected to drive the market growth
- Increasing levels of adoption and applications in a number of different industry verticals is also expected to drive the market growth
- Concerns pertaining to hacks and cyber security in edge computing is expected to restrain the market growth
- Due to the modern nature of edge computing there is a lack of standardization and issues in operations and integration of edge computing, this factor is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Segmentation: Global Edge Computing Market
- By Component
- Micro Data Centers
- System Integration & Testing
- Technical Support
- By Technology
- Mobile Edge Computing
- Fog Computing
- By Application
- Smart Cities
- Location Services
- Environmental Monitoring
- Optimized Local Content
- Data Caching
- Augmented Reality
- Asset Tracking
- Video Surveillance
- By Organization Size
- Small & Medium-Sized Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
- By Vertical
- Government & Public
- Media & Entertainment
- Energy & Utilities
- Telecom & IT
- BFSI (Banking, Financial Services & Insurance)
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2017, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. and China Mobile Limited announced in a collaboration initiation of a smart stadium project at the Beijing South Railway Station. In the collaboration China Mobile Limited is expected to integrate Huawei’s MEC@CloudEdge solution with the edge gateway at the station.
- In May 2017, Microsoft and Cisco announced collaboration in which Microsoft’s Azure IoT studio is expected to be incorporated and integrated with Cisco Fog deployments.
Competitive Analysis: Global Edge Computing Market
Global edge computing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of edge computing market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Edge Computing Market
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the edge computing market are Nokia, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Juniper Networks Inc., Dell, Cisco, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, SixSq Sàrl, FogHorn Systems, Vasona Networks Inc., MachineShop Inc., Saguna Networks Ltd., Vapor IO, Violin Systems LLC, Aricent Inc., ADLINK Technology Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., GENERAL ELECTRIC, IBM Corporation, Intel Corporation, Microsoft, and SAP SE.
Research Methodology: Global Edge Computing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key Market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the Market Segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved